36

The Getaway

 

 

Narrator

 

Jungah made her way to the main palace, the king has called her for lunch. It was arrangd for the royal family to have lunch together, along with the crown prince and crown princess.

Jungah gazed at the gardens as she walked past them.

She bit her lip and turned her head towards her guards. Yoochun gave her a reassuring smile.

Junsu placed his hand on her palm.

“Oppa~”

He just smiled and let go of her hand. Jungah opened her palm.

There was a small paper note in her hand.

“What is thi~”

“Mama, your purse.” Yoochun smiled and placed her green bag on her shoulder securely.

“What are you guys doing?” She blinked.

“Today’s lunch, we cancelled it for you, mama, we ask you to do that one thing you like doing the most.” Yoochun said.

“What?”

“Escaping from your guards, now go on Jungah, we’ll close our eyes.” Junsu smiled and gave her a little push.

 

The black BMW sedan stopped right in front of the Jung Banking Group’s building. Jungah sighed as she let go of the steering wheel and switched off the ignition.

“I wont take long.” She murmure to herself as she put on her baseball cap and headed to the entrance.

 

Yunho looked up as his secretary entered the room.

“What is it?” He asked. His secretary fidgeted.

“Sir, I know you’re not supposed to receive any clients, but she’s…..of high position.”

Yunho rubbed his temples and put his pen down. The whole day he has been reviewing the company’s papers and assets.

“I told you, I don’t want to~”

“But sir, this lady is of high importance.”

“Secretary Lee~”

“It’s me.” A figure slipped through the door, wearing a pair of denim shorts and a camo jacket.

Yunho’s eyes widened, he didn’t need to see her face. He recognized her voice very well.

His secretary looked away. Yuho sighed and dismissed the other man.

As soon as the door closed, Yunho faced her.

“Gongju~”

Jungah put one palm up to stop him.

“I’ll do the talking.” She said. Yunho looked away.

“I’m here just to say goodbye and thank you.” Her voice didn’t have any emotion.

“Though a heads up would have been nice.” She chuckled humorlessly.

“Thank you for everything and….for putting up with me…thank you, Yunho.” She nodded.

“I hope you’ll do well.” She smiled and turned for the door.

“Is this all you can say to me?” Yunho asked. Jungah’s back tensed.

“What do you expect me to say? Thank you for making pointless promises?” She retorted, still not facing him.

Yunho looked down.

“Jungah, I~”

“Don’t try to explain to me, I’ve had enough. From the very beginning, I tried not to get attached to you....all of you. But I failed. No, I was stupid.” She said.

Yunho shook his head.

“The same thing happened with Minho oppa, I got too…attached to him. Then when he left, I didn’t know what to do. But, I really hoped you would be different. Do you know how hard it was for me to not get too attached to people?” She felt tears line her eyes.

“Jungah~” He tried to reach for her. Jungah stepped back.

“Whatever happened to“I don’t have plans to leave, gongju.”” She shook her head.

“I’m leaving now, good bye Yunho. I hope~”

“Will you let me talk, Kim Jungah?!”

“I tried…not to look at you. I tried not to love you, Kim Jungah, but I failed.”

Jungah’s eyes widened.

“Everyday, I would say, you were with me the whole day, you think it wasn’t difficult for too?”

“You lied to me.”

“I didn’t. I didn’t want to leave, but….”

“But what?” She retorted.

“Before I could pull back, I knew I was already in love with you. That’s why I left.”

“I don’t get you Yunho, I~”

“I made a promise to myself, to never fall for the person I am protecting or else the both of us will just get hurt~”

“Hurt? Look at us now, are you the only one who’s hurt? Is this~”

“I love you, does that still matter?” Yunho looked at her. Jungah looked away.

“I know how you feel about Minho sunbae, that’s why I left. If I told you this, you would get hurt~”

“What makes you so sure I still love him?”

Yunho’s eyes widened.

“I did love him, but not…anymore.” She said.

Jungah held her tears.

“That’s why I let him go, because….. you told me, you wouldn’t leave.”

“Jungah, I…I..”

“I don’t know how this happened but….I love you~”

Yunho smiled and enveloped her in his arms.

“I’m sorry, if I hurt you, Jungah.” He whispered as he buried his face in her hair.

Jungah smiled and patted his back.

“I…should have told you earlier.” She whispered. Yunho smiled and pulled away to look at her face.

“How…did you know I was here?”

She smiled.

“I have the Woodalchi with me, what could I possibly not know?”

Yunho smiled and kissed her forehead.

“Thank you for coming here.” He said meaningfully.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++