20

The Getaway

 

 

Narrator

 

Jungah took her seat, which was on the king’s right side. She looked at the food and pretended she enjoyed eating it.

“Gongju mama, it hasn’t been long since you arrived in Korea, have you been to many places?” Sanghoon asked her. Everyone on the table turned to her.

“Yes, I…have been to…some places where I went to when I was a child.” She nodded.

She looked at the glass windows and saw three familiar backs. She smiled briefly and proceeded to slicing a piece of potato on her plate.

“Then, mama will you allow me to you tomorrow to Pyongyan palace?”

She turned to her brother. Jaejoong could only nod at her.

“…Sure, that..would be nice.”

The king smiled.

“But, the princess has to bring her Woodalchi with her, I hope that wont  be a hindrance, Sanghoon.”

Sanghoon nodded.

“Of course, pyeha. Her safety matters the most.”

Changmin bit back his snicker as Jungah began to stab the potato instead.

 

After dinner, Jungah rushed to her best friend’s side.

“What is it?” Changmin sighed as he looked at the sky, they were at the hall’s open veranda.

What is that guy doing? Asking me like that in front of the whole court.“

Changmin smiled.

“He’s showing interest, Jungie.”

Jungah made a face.

“Why did you yes in the first place?”

“You are not helping, Shim~”

“Mama, someone is looking for you, Lee Sanghoon.”

She blinked at Yunho.

“Cant you tell him that I fell on the pond and drowned?”

Yunho blinked. Changmin chuckled.

“Woodalchi General, you must guard her well.” Changmin chuckled and went back.

As soon as Changmin was gone, Yunho turned to her.

“Is something wrong, gongju mama?”

Jungah shook her head and gave his arm a squeeze.

“Nothing, I’ll go back in.” She nodded as she made her way back to the hall. Yunho just smiled at her back.

 

“Then, may I have this dance?” Sanghoon offered his arm. Jungah blinked.

“Appa says I have to dance too.” Jungah grumbled. Minho smiled from his seat.

They were inside her quarters’ living room.

“Well, it’s part of meeting new people, mama.”

“Don’t mama me, general.”

Minho chuckled.

“Then, do you want to practice?” Minho rubbed his palms together and stood up.

“Cant I go to a club instead?” Jungah looked up. Minho shook his head and pulled her up.

Then for the whole afternoon Jungah twirled around as they danced.

 

Jungah was looking at Sanghoon’s offered arm. She froze on her place. Changmin noticed the change in her expression.

“Gongju mama~”

“I’m sorry, but our gongju mama isnt feeling well. She needs some air.” Changmin bowed politely.

Junsu and Yoochun appeared behind them, Changmin nodded and took her by the elbow and helped her steer out through the crowd.

Sanghoon stood there, eyeing the princess dubiously.

 

Jungah took her seat on the marble bench. They were a good distance away from the party.

Changmin looked at his friend worriedly.

“Jungah, what happened?”

“…I remember, we danced too.” Jungah sai. Changmin looked down.

“Even…now, you..cant forget him?”

Jungah shook her head.

“He’s everywhere…in this place.”

Changmin looked at the three Woodalchi who were away from them.

“But…I try my best, to…block memories out..but..they just..”

“I understand, hyung was a big part of your life.” Changmin nodded.

 

 

Yunho looked up as the two walked to them.

“I need to be back at the party, to explain to the king, can she stay here with you for the time being?” Changmin asked. Yunho nodded.

Yoochun and Junsu followed Changmin to the party to speak with the court lady.

“Did…something happen?” He asked. Jungah just shook her head and took a seat. Then she looked at Yunho and patted the empty space beside her. Yunho nodded and sat.

“I heard…you are a Woodalchi General, is it true?”

Yunho nodded. She smiled.

“Tomorrow, I have to go out with Lee Sanghoon, you…have to promise to come, arasso?”

“Of course, gongju mama.”

“Just Jungah.” She nodded.

Yunho looked ahead, then he froze as he felt a sudden weight on his shoulder.

“Just…can we stay like this? Just for a while.”

Yunho could only nod.

“Jung Yunho, Woodalchi Daejang(General), always so reliable and warm.”

Yunho’s gaze fell on her face. No one called him warm before but he liked it.

Very much.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++