17

The Getaway

 

 

Narrator

 

Jungah was still having her breakfast when three people came into the room with her court lady.

Yunho and the guys looked up.

“Mama, this is Mister Song and his crew, he will be showing you the dresses you are wearing for the party.”

“Dresses?” Jungah blinked as she placed her spoon down.

“Yes, mama.”

“Your highness, as per request of the queen, we prepared a set of traditional clothing, a cream colored dress that would fit your personality and another floral~”

Jungah stood up and stepped towards the dresses.

Junsu followed her.

“These are fine, please set it up, I will be having a walk for a while.” She nodded.

Yoochun looked at Junsu worriedly.

Her tone was still casual and polite but….her face didn’t show it.

 

 

Jungah walk around the gardens, her three Woodlachis were behind her. They kept a distance, knowing how she was feeling.

Then she saw some palace guards practicing with their swords. She smiled.

“Legs apart, strength on your belly and good posture.”

 

“You are improving.” Minho grinned as she dropped the swonrd on the ground.

“I still want to go out though.”

“I told you already, you cant.”

Jungah made a face.

“The coronation of your brother is nearing, you should behave.”

She smiled.

“But after that oppa, promise me.”

“What?”

“After the coronation we will go out and have fun.”

Minho smiled and shook her hand.

“Deal.”

 

Jungah remembered everything. The exact place where she held the sword for the first time. The exact place where she was introduced to her guard. The exact place where she got scolded him.

Tears started to line her eyes.

“It…was all my fault.” She whispered as she looked at the palace guards retreat back to their posts. Then she looked at the pond with the bridge.

“Gongju, he will be assigned to you, from now on, Woodalchi General Lee Minho will be the one to~”

“Abeoji~Pyeha, you don’t need to do this.”

Minho hid his smile.

“There’s nothing you can do my daughter, I must keep you safe.” The king said with finality, then he left.

Jungah looked at the tall man in front of her.

“Nice to meet you, your highness.”

Jungah winced and shook his hand.

“Just Jungah.” She nodded.

 

She remembered how he smiled at her widely that day.

Jungah halted as tears started to fall from her eyes. She clutched to her chest.

That was when she started to cry.

Yunho was the first one to reach her.

“Mama, what~” Yunho stopped when he found out she was crying.

Jungah’s tears started to fall endlessly. Yoochun and Junsu looked at Yunho worriedly.

“I want…to leave this place. It’s too painful.” She whispered, Yunho shook his head and gently hugged her.

“Mama, you have to be strong.”

“It hurts…seeing this place. Living here…..again.”

Yunho sighed and pulled her up to stand.

“Since today gongju mama is free, then would you allow us your Woodalchi to you somewhere?” Yunho asked.

Yoochun and Junsu blinked at him.

“Yunho~”

“You have to come with us, mama.” Yunho nodded at her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++