16

The Getaway

 

Narrator

 

It was a quiet ride back home. Jungah and Yunho were seated on the back, while Junsu was driving.

“Mama, would you like something to drink?” Yoochun asked from the front seat.

“No, I’m okay.” Jungah replied while her eyes never left the window. Yunho glanced at her worriedly.

“Mama, are you okay?” Yunho asked.

“Going…back to the palace….do we have to?” She asked.

The three men looked at each other.

“Yes, it is.”

Jungah nodded then she turned to them.

“I’m sorry, what I did was wrong. I~” Tears started to fall from her eyes again. Yunho tensed.

“I…just wanted to see someone. That was all.” She looked away. Yoochun looked away. Junsu frowned.

Yunho took out his handkerchief and looked at her.

“Jungah, here.” He said as he placed the cloth on her lap.

“Thanks.” She whispered as she pressed it to her cheeks.

 

“Ya, legs apart!”

Jungah made a face but she complied. She straightened her back and held the sword firmly.

“Like this?” She asked. The tall man in a black suit nodded.

“You look like a duck.” He chuckled. Jungah swung the sword at him, he immediately leaped from his place.

Jungah smiled and put the sword down.

“Oppa, today….let’s go out. I want to eat pizza.”

“You can have the chefs~”

“I mean the generic fast food ones.”

He laughed.

“That’s impossible, mama.”

“But abeoji said it will be safe as long as I’m with you.”

“Jungah, gongju mama, sit down first.” He scolded. Jungah smiled and sat on the bench.

“What….will you do….if your father stops you from doing that? There will be a time when you have to step in as princess.”

“My brother will have to marry, I have no interest in the throne.”

“It’s either that or you just don’t like wearing traditional clothing.” He nodded. Jungah smiled and leaned on his shoulder.

“Pizza?” She batted her eyelashes at him. He shook his head.

 

“Mama, if you need anything, we are just outside~”

“Wait.” Jungah went out her room again.

“If you must stay here, there’s a guest room~”

“We shouldn’t~” Yoochun started. Jungah shook her head.

“There’s a guest room on the third door on the left, there should be blankets and towels there. Please make yourselves comfortable.” She nodded.

Then she saw the looks on their faces. Jungah said.

“It’s an order, from the princess.” She smiled briefly and patted Junsu’s shoulder before heading to her room.

 

Yunho sat on the windowsill. His mind kept on replaying the moment when they found the princess at the graveyard. Her tear stained face bothered him.

“I just did a little research about that place.” Junsu said from the couch. Yunho turned to him.

He set down his laptop on the table.

“That place, it is a special place for the royal family, where they bury their dead or people of importance to them.” He said.

“Gongju mama must have visited the great queen and great king.” Yoochun nodded.

“No, if she would have walked from the western part, but we found her walking from the south wing of the place.”

“What do you mean?” Yunho asked.

“One Woodalchi general is buried in that place.”

Yunho turned to him.

“Lee Minho sunbaenim.” Junsu said.

“And, I’ve seen his records a few days ago, he used to be gongju mama’s guard.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++