14

The Getaway

 

Narrator

 

The palace cooks and chefs were standing aside, they didn’t know what to do. Jungah has asked them to go home early, for she will make dinner for the people in her quarters.

Her court lady and ladies in waiting were watching over her as she sorted the ingredients they had bought earlier.

“I already told you guys, you can leave. Rest early.” She nodded.

The court lady nodded at the cooks, they left hesitantly.

“Mama, do you really plan to do this?” Junsu asked. Jungah nodded.

“Of course.”

“Mama, you shouldn’t be~”

“Court lady, if you have some things to do, you can just leave me here.” She said as she began to slice vegetables.

“But, your highness~”

Jungah gestured toward the three Woodalchi who were sitting on the metal stools.

“I have the Woodalchi with me, what could possibly happen?”

Court lady Choi sighed and left.

Jungah smiled triumphantly and walked to the stove. Yoochun took off his coat and rolled up his sleeves.

“Mama, would you like some help?” Yoochun offered.

“Then, can you slice the carrots and onions for me?”

Yoochun nodded. Yunho shook his head as Junsu and Yoochun helped her with the vegetables.

“Gongju mama.” Yoochun called her. Jungah turned to him, just in time he placed a piece of onion near her nose.

Jungah jumped back and Yoochun chuckled.

“Ya! How could this Woodalchi~” She laughed as she flicked a small slice of carrot at him.

“Su oppa, look at him, he’s laughing at me!” She grumbled. Junsu chuckled and put up the piece of tuna meat he was holding and walked towards Yoochun.

“Ya, Kim Junsu don’t you dare~”

Yunho smiled as he watched the three messing around. Then he looked at Jungah, she was laughing along with them. He felt something in him stir. He looked away.

“Yunho Woodalchi! Come here!” She called to him. Yunho winced.

“We need someone to help us roll the sushi!”

 

Jaejoong smiled as he stood by kitchen’s door. He had planned to eat with his sister, but then he heard about Jungah asking her kitchen staff to leave early.

“She’s smiling again.” He nodded as she watched her talk with the three guys.

“Maybe…she’s let go of that memory.” He nodded as he left.

 

Your POV

 

“This is nice, Jungah.” I heard Yoochun comment.

“I learned making them during my time in Japan.” I nodded as I put down my plate and looked around.

We decided to eat outside, the palace has vast gardens, and I especially like this particular place because it had a bridge over a big pond.

And this place was where I first met my first Woodalchi.

I smiled.

Maybe it’s time I visit oppa.

I miss him.

“I need to go to the bathroom, can you guys wait for a while?” I asked as I stood up.

“We’ll come with you~”

“Aniya, you guys just eat. I’ll be back shortly.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++