37

The Getaway

 

Narrator

 

“So, you’re a chaebol son?” Jungah asked as she looked at the books on the shelf. Yunho winced at her terminology. Jungah chuckled.

“I was just kidding.”

He smiled.

“Arent you needed at the palace? Wait, how did you get here?” Yunho looked at her. Jungah bit her lip.

“Before you scold me to death, let me remind you are not the Woodalchi general anymore.” She reasoned.

Yunho raised one brow at her.

“Junsu oppa gave me your address and Yoochun oppa lent me the car.”

Yunho’s jaws dropped.

“They…let you escape?”

Jungah shrugged.

“But why~”

“Ya, if I didn’t escape I wouldn’t be~”

“I know.” Yunho said. Jungah smiled.

“Are we just going to stay here? It’s boring.”

Yunho smiled and stood up.

“I want to eat.” She said. He walked to her and gently wrapped his arms around her waist.

“We eat then I’ll send you back to the palace~”

“But~”

“Pyeha will be looking for you.”

Jungah made a face.

“Cant I just spend the day with you?” She asked. Yunho smiled and looked at her.

“You left without saying anything, do you know how worried I was?” She chided. Yunho sighed.

She smiled triumphantly.

“I want spicy seafood noodles.”

Yunho let go of her. Then he noticed her get up.

“We still need to talk to court lady Choi about your get up.”

 

Jungah smiled as the waitress served their meal. Yunho chuckled and took off her cap.

“I’m sure they wont notice.” He nodded. She smiled and picked up her chopsticks.

Yunho watched her as she ate.

“But, I want to ask something.” Jungah looked up. Yunho gave her a nod.

“If…you..owned that…big..company, why join the Woodalchi?” She asked. Yunho smiled and curled a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Because, I needed a reason to get on with life. Inheriting my father’s business…it seems so..predicatable to me. Then one day Yoochun told me about him training for the palace. That’s how I got in.”

Jungah nodded and bit her lip thoughtfully. Yunho smiled and stood up.

“Where~”

Yunho sat beside her.

“So, gongju mama has to return before dinner, arasso?” Yunho smiled at her.

“Somehow it feels like you want to get rid of me.” Jungah narrowed her eyes at him. Yunho shook her head.

“The king might~”

Jungah’s phone rang. Yunho glanced at the screen.

“Oh, its him.” She blinked.

LEE SANGHOON

Yunho’s brows furrowed for a moment then he pressed the red button.

Jungah chuckled and went back to eating.

 

“Why must I go back early?” Jungah grumbled as they made their way back to the car. Yunho smiled and took her hand and placed it in his.

“People will get worried if~”

“Still the stickler to the rules.” She sighed. Yunho smiled and stopped walking.

“All that matters is your safety.” He said as he placed his arms around her waist and kissed her nose.

“And, no one should recognize you out here.” He patted her hat.

Jungah sighed and leaned her forehead on his shoulder.

“But…it’s suffocating me.”

“That place…the palace, I don’t think I was made for palace life.”

Yunho smiled, Jungah looked up.

“But…you have to visit, arasso?”

“Of course, gongju mama.”

“Aish, I’ve always wanted to correct that gongju mama thing, I keep on doing that and no one listens to me.” She mumbled as she walked, Yunho smiled and walked after her.

 

Lee Sanghoon smiled as the man he hired to trace the princess placed the photos on the table.

One photo was the princess eating with Yunho at the restaurant. The two were talking intimately.

And the other one was Yunho kissing her nose.

“This…will make her mine.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++