7

The Getaway

 

Narrator

 

“Oh, looky, looky, you lucky girl.” Ailee chuckled. Jungah glanced at her three guards, they were sitting on the table, drinking coffee. Occasionally, they would do a once over of the place and glance at Jungah.

“What do you mean?”

“Are those really guards or models?” Ailee challenged. Jungah smiled.

“I thought the same too when I first saw them.” She mused.

“Is Changmin coming?” Jungah asked.

“He is. He’s on his way.”

 

Yunho looked up as he saw Changmin walk in.

“That’s the best friend.” Junsu noted.

“And the best friend’s girl friend.” Yoochun nodded at Ailee’s direction.

“I thought him and gongju had something going on.” Junsu said.

“No, court lady said they grew up together and those two are similar in personalities. To put it in her words, it would be a disaster if those two date.” Yoochun said.

“Ya, stop talking about that.” Yunho said.

“But, if we look at her, gongju mama just wants to go out and see the world.” Junsu nodded.

“And, she’s different from what I expect her to be. She’s…easy to talk to. Unlike other royals.” He added.

Yunho glanced at her as she laughed with her friends. A small smile formed on his lips.

“But, Su, she has her moments.” Yoochun nodded.

 

“That was nice, right?” Jungah asked as they made their way back to her quarters. The palace gardens were vast.

She eyed the different flowers and small trees, then she smiled as she saw the huge pond that had a bridge over it.

“I used to run around here with oppa~ I mean Hwang sae ja.” She said as she eyed the palace guards wearing their usual traditional robes.

Then she turned to her Woodalchi with a proud smile on her face.

“I’m glad I have you guys instead of them.” She nodded as she fixed Yunho’s coat lapels.

Then she walked towards the bridge.

“Bring her things ahead at the quarters, tell her ladies in waiting to prepare tea. I will bring her after a few minutes.”

Yoochun and Junsu nodded before they left.

 

“Mama, we should go to the~”

“Mama? Oh right, we’re in the palace now.” Jungah nodded as she leaned on the cement railings of the bridge.

“Do…you guys live within the palace too?” She asked.

“Some of us do, some have their own homes, your highness.”

“Ah, so, the Woodalchi must have their own private office, right?”

“Yes, mama.”

Jungah smiled as she lifted herself to sit on the railings. Yunho tensed.

“Mama, please come down from there~”

“It was fine, but if you have free time can you take me there?”

“Where?” Yunho looked at her.

“The Woodalchi office, someone brought me there before but I forgot the way. I remember you guys have a showroom explaining how Woodalchi was formed.”

“I’ll schedule it for you mama, please come down now.” Yunho offered his hand. Jungah smiled and placed her hand on his then she went down.

 

 

“Dinner? Here?” Junsu blinked at Jungah.

“Yes.” Jungah nodded.

“I usually eat alone, it’s not like I can eat with my parents.” She muttered as she tied her hair in high bun.

Yoochun blinked at her.

“Don’t worry, it’s not like they can reprimand you, it’s the gongju’s request.” She smiled. Court lady Choi could only sigh.

“Gongju~”

“Yunho sit down.” Jungah smiled and pushed him down on his seat.

“I asked them to prepare barbeque.” She smiled as she took the seat beside him.

“Relax, treat this as a meal with a friend.”

“Who happens to be the escapee princess of this palace.” Court Lady Choi grunted. Jungah beamed at her.

Yunho looked at her as she smiled.

He felt that her smiles weren’t really sincere. He couldn’t point it out, but whenever Jungah smiled, it was like she was keeping something. Or trying to push some thins out from her mind.

 

 

Your POV

 

It’s just my second night here, and it’s driving me crazy.

Changmin and Ailee just took their flight to Jeju.

I looked around my room.

“All these years….” I smiled.

 I don’t like this place. Everything reminds me of him. Every corner, every spot in this palace. I hate it all.

I heard someone knock on my door.

“Enter.” I called out.

“Mama, we’re heading back now. Please have a good night’s rest.” Yunho looked at me.

“Arasso, good night oppas!” I grinned.

“Mama, you shouldn’t call your Woodalchi~”

“Court Lady, should I say good night my lovely Woodalchis?” I asked.

For the briefest moment, I saw Yunho smile.

“Well, good night, your highness.” Junsu said before court lady closed the door.

I turned towards the window.

I grabbed my green parka and put it on.

 

Now, it’s my time for having a good night.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++