Next Week, Tuesday Morning

Feel so Bad

You wake up and gaze silently at the empty spot next to you on the bed. A little over a week has passed. the pillow that he normally slept on, you can't help but miss him like crazy. You miss his security that he always gave you. It's hard to describe what you miss about Sunggyu. His orange-colored hair, his cute eyes, his strong arms, his lips, his amazing voice, his smile, there's too much of Sunggyu to think about. Before you know it, a tear slips out of your eye. You blink rapidly and sit up immediately.

You swing your legs out of bed and go to your closet. You throw on a blue blouse with a white tank top with some black leggings

You leave to go do hygiene in the bathroom and decide to curl your hair. Then you go eat breakfast in the kitchen. As you are about to head out, you grab a brown coat. Since it the beginning of November, it's starting to get chilly. You make sure you have everything you need in your purse, then head out. When you get to the first floor, you stop at the main office to change your password to your house. After you're done, you decide to walk to the sports center since your shift starts early. In Jae's shift is different than yours today.

You walk along the sidewalk and the buildings slowly get larger. You see a man walking a few people in front of you. He has a letterman jacket on and dark blue skinny jeans. His hair is a dark red. Sunggyu? You quicken your pace, to see his face, before you reach him, he turns and goes into a store. You are able to catch a glimpse of the man's face. It isn't Sunggyu. You feel a small crush of hope within you. You didn't know that you had wanted to see Sunggyu so bad.

You slow your pace. The large, cream colored sports center building is a few blocks away. You check your phone for the time. You have arrived a lot sooner than you expected. As you turn to your right side to put your phone into your bag, you feel an arm go around your shoulders from your left. You look in surprise at a young man whom you have never seen before.

He has a small mop of clean dark brown hair. He's wearing a green hoodie with orange and white writing on it with black jeans. He has to be at least four years younger than you. You try to shrug away, then see that he isn't alone. He has two older friends who look around your age or barely younger than you. One of them is tall and lanky and is wearing a hat, the other about your height.

"Noona! How are you today?" the young boy who has his arms around you smirks.

"I'm fine, could you let go?"

"What's the matter, girl?" The shorter of the two walking near you and the young boy asks. You realize they are trying to steer you towards a hidden alley barely up ahead. While keeping an even face at the boys, you look for a way to escape, but see none. The sports center is just another block ahead. If only you can get there, before you pass the alley. You stop walking and try to pull away. The three boys sense your discomfort and smile.

"Come on noona, we just wanna show you something," says the younger one with aegyo. You've managed to get his arm off of you, but now you are very close to the alley. You're back is to a brick wall and the three boys are surrounding you. You cross your arms.

"What do you guys want? I don't have any money with me."

"Ooh, she's got attitude. I like girls like that," the tall boy with a hat smiles.

"Why would we want money from such a pretty noona?" says the young boy. You hate how he keeps calling you 'noona'. The shorter one of the older two steps closer to you. You do your best at not showing how terrified you are. They only sense rebellion from you. Which they unfortunately like.

Before you can say or do anything, a new hand pulls at yours and pulls you out of the group of boys. "There you are! I was looking all over for you, yeobo."

You are surprised and can only follow the strong grip he has on your hand. He pulls you away from them and taps your forehead while smiling, "Babo." You feel so relieved. It's Dongwoo!  "Mian," you say, acting along with Dongwoo.

Dongwoo turns to the three boys. He's about the same height as the tall, skinny one, but Dongwoo has a lot more muscle. Dongwoo rolls up his sleeves showing his flexed tendons as he looks at them. His expression changes completely. Dongwoo threatens, "Hey, don't mess with my girlfriend."

The three boys, who look like scared puppies agaainst a dinosaur, back off immediately. Then Dongwoo grabs your hand and puts his hat on your head. You hold his hand tightly and the two of you walk off, leaving the three boys open-mouthed. The two of you don't stop walking even as you pass the sports center, which is your destination. Dongwoo turns his head back. "They're gone now."

You sigh in relief, but don't let go of his hand. Instead you squeeze his hand in yours. "Kamsahamnida, Dongwoo-sshi. Thanks so much."

"Don't worry about it. A sensible guy needs to step up for a girl when things like that happen. Gwenchana?"

You nod your head rapidly to reassure him that you're fine. Then Dongwoo asks, "What are you doing, walking around Seoul by yourself? Where's In Jae?"

"I was on my way to work. In Jae's at her house."

Dongwoo nods at you. Then he smiles shyly and scratches his head, "Sorry for calling you my girlfriend earlier."

"Aniyo! If you hadn't said that, they wouldn't have bought it."

"Thanks for going along with me."

"It was nothing. I'm just glad it was you and not another stranger."

He laughs and smiles at you. Then Dongwoo becomes serious, "What were you going to do if I hadn't come?"

"To be honest, I was going to slap the one that was getting too close to me and then make a run for it."

He nods to himself. "Okay." Then he mutters, "Sorry, ~~~-sshi. I have to let go of your hand. Wouldn't want the CEO to think of anything when he sees tomorrow's paper, right?"

"Gureumyo! Of course!" You let go of his hand which was warm compared to your cold fingers.You stick your hands in your coat pocket for warmth.

"I'll walk you to work today. Where are you working?"

 "Actually, Dongwoo-sshi. My work is behind us. We passed it earlier."

Dongwoo laughed and then turned around. "Where do you work?" he asked.

"At the new sports center."

"Jincha?"

"Ye, waeo?"

"I'm working there too!"

"No way!" you exclaim. "Why are you working there? Don't you have a schedule for Infinite?"

"I'm the new dance instructor for the hip hop dance classes."

"Wow...I can't believe we'll be working in the same place."

"I didn't think that would happen, but it's cool," Dongwoo smiled at you. As the two of you continue walking back towards the sports center you talked about how your lives were.

"Omo! I have to thank you again, Dongwoo-sshi! You cleaned up my house yesterday!"

"Don't worry about it." An awkward silence passed as you both remembered why Dongwoo had had to clean up your house. Dongwoo gave a side glance at you as you looked down at your black flats. Dongwoo waited for you to speak.

You finally managed to stammer, "I-I read your letter, Dongwoo-sshi."

The two of you arrive at the front of the sports center. Dongwoo stopped walking and you stopped as well. You don't want to go into the sports center yet. There is a need for you and Dongwoo to continue talking. You can't just drop the subject. Especially with Dongwoo. The sun is shining down in the blue sky, but there is a cold breeze in the air. It doesn't help that you're standing in the small shade of a young tree who hasn't lost its leaves yet. You shiver and finally look up from the white cement to Dongwoo's beautiful brown eyes. He's looking at you solemnly and you know that he meant every word in the letter that he wrote for you last night.

"I don't know why I don't want to take him back Dongwoo-sshi," you say. Your voice gets shakier with each word. "I miss him a lot. We spent so much time together, I just- I don't know. We haven't been talking lately. I think we just drifted apart. Maybe he's just too busy right now for a girlfriend. His idol life should be his first priority and..." you lose your train of thought. You need to say something to Dongwoo so he knows you've considered taking Sunggyu back. "I don't want to get in the way of that. Maybe later, when everything...is better and he's not so busy, I'll try with oppa again."

You can practically see your words processing through Dongwoo's mind. Then Dongwoo puts a firm arm on your shoulder for comfort and smiles at you. "So, you do miss him then?" You close your eyes and nod. When you open them, you see him smiling at you. "Gwenchana. Everything will be okay ~~~-sshi. It'll all play out."

You smile and he nods his head toward the sports center behind him. "Ready to go to work?"

"Yup." As you and Dongwoo walk towards the glass doors, you pause and reach for his hand. "Dongwoo-sshi?" He turns at your touch and smiles at you. You are so grateful that Dongwoo can be so understanding. He was so different than other guys. "Kamsahamnida," you say, full of confidence, "Thanks for everything."

The two of you enter the employee part of the building and check your cards in, reporting that you are here. Before you head your seperate ways, Dongwoo wants to know if you would like to have lunch together.

"Geurae, but I'll pay for lunch."

"O.K.!" he says in English and puts his forefinger and thumb together to make an 'O' shape, while extending the rest of his fingers. You smile at his goofiness and wave bye before heading towards the women's locker room to change into your work attire. You don't notice it, but Dongwoo watches you until he can't see you anymore.

She's such a sweet girl. ~~~-sshi definitely deserves the best guy. I wonder why things with hyung didn't work out. He's a hard-working guy and has lots of love to give, but she said that they had been starting to drift apart... Then Dongwoo remembers L singing the first line of Infinite's song "Nothing's Over":

You're drifting away...

Dongwoo automatically starts doing the dance where they shake their shoulders and he gets a weird look from a girl who is in a closing elevator. Oops. Then he ducks his head, bowing to nobody and quickly goes into one of the dance rooms of the sports center.