Tuesday Afternoon

Feel so Bad

Yesterday, Woohyun had had a busy schedule so he had come over and dropped off breakfast at your apartment "since it was on the way" he had insisted. That Namgrease was so sweet at times. After he had left, you had gone to work at the sports center. Woohyun made sure to leave with pecking you on the cheek and as you slip on some black sweat pants, you keep thinking of how lightly he had kissed you.

You throw off your pajama top and then put on a slightly fitted shirt. You're going to have to be in something comfortable to dance in today. Today is your first dance lesson at the sports center and your a bit anxious. You haven't contacted Dongwoo in the past couple of days. Hopefully it won't be awkward. It's not awkward unless you make it awkward. You smile at your reflecton in the mirror and then reach over in your closet for a knitted hat. You adjust it on your head and then nod with your reflection. You look kinda cute today.

You go to the kitchen to grab a granola bar and a glass of milk to get your energy up. You walk over to the welcoming closet and then you shrug on your winter jacket and stick your feet into your tennis shoes. You grab your purse off of the decorative table and then head out your door.

You walk straight to the end of the stairs in the apartment building hallway and then go downstairs to the main floor. You open the door and a gust of winter wind comes at you. You shiver, but once you're adjusted to the temperature, it's not too cold out. You walk along until you see a taxi and then you hail it down and then step inside.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

You open the door to the sports center and see Seunghoon, your manager. You nod your head and greet him. "Ah, annyeonghasaeyo ~~~-ssi. Jal jinnaeseoyo?"

"Gwenchanayo. And you?"

"I'm doing good. Are you coming to the party on Thursday?"

"Ah, ye. I can't wait! How old are you turning?"

"Twenty-seven. I don't look that old do I?"

This surprises you, he looked like he could be turning twenty-four or twenty-five. You shake your head, "Aniyo, seonbae-nim."

"Aish, call me Seunghoon-ssi at least. Seonbae-nim, is too formal for me, arasseo?"

You nod in understanding, "Ah, ye." You take a few steps towards the dance hall and say, "Kalke, Seunghoon-ssi. See you around."

Seunghoon nods his head and heads over to the clerk's desk and you walk towards the dance room. You peek in and see someone wearing a hoodie and adjusting the music on the stereo in the back of the room.

You can tell it's Dongwoo. You turn back outside of the room and lean against the wall. Your heart pounds anxiously and you mentally tell it to shut up. You take a deep breath. It's Dongwoo. It won't be awkward. Nothing has changed. We're still friends...right? You're about to turn into the doorway, but then Dongwoo comes out of the door at the same time!

You yelp slightly and he lets out a small shout. He steps out of the doorway and into the hallway while you're still frozen with surprise. Dongwoo nods his head for a bow and says, "Chwesunghamnida-oh, it's you ~~~-ah." He raises his head and you have to remind yourself to smile politely. You smile and nod your head.

"Annyeong oppa." Dongwoo points down the hallway and you see that he's holding an empty water bottle.

"I-I was just going to fill my water bottle. I'll be there in a sec." You nod and he walks down the hallway. You walk into the dance room and like how clean it is. You normally don't work on this side of the sports center, so it's one of the few times you've been in here.

You see Dongwoo's bags towards the back and you set your jacket a few meters away from his. You go to the middle of the dance floor and sit on the ground, stretching your legs by grasping your feet. Not awkward, huh ~~~? That was completely awkward. Maybe I shouldn't have come. You squeeze your eyes shut. Jincha paboya...You switch your legs and then do a bit of back twisting. While you're still on the ground, Dongwoo comes in and you turn to him. He goes over to the stereo and then plays Infinite's "Paradise".

"I love this song," you say. You don't know what else to do to break the awkward tension. You couldn't do it by yourself.

Dongwoo comes over and says, "Yeah, it's alright." He scratches the back of his head and suggests, "Do you want a few pointers for stretches?" You sigh and nod gratefully and you follow his stretches. After ten minutes or so, you are then conversing easily with Dongwoo and it's almost a if nothing as happened. Almost.

"Could you catch me up on what I missed last week?" you ask. Dongwoo leans his neck over to the right and you copy. He brings it back to the normal position and then looks at you before tilting to the left.

"You didn't miss much. Just the half of the beginning part."

You ask while tilting to the left, "Oppa, can you just help me? I don't want to be the latecomer who's bad at everything."

"Alright. I'll show you first." Dongwoo goes over to switch the music. He walks with a bit of swag in each step and then looks at the mirror. The music is full of hip hop beats and funky noises. You watch him intently, eager to pick it up as quick as possible. Dongwoo has his performance face on in the mirror, and he really radiates ease and confidence. Then after a minute or so, it's over.

You clap while he turns off the music. Dongwoo bows graciously and you smile. He teaches you the flowing arm movement and the kick-then-spin with your heels and a few others. After slowly practicing, he asks, "Ready?"

"Sure," you say.

He counts to four and you move together at a slow beat. You finally get it and Dongwoo claps for you this time. "Let's do the next part," you say enthusiasitically. There is a slight sweat breaking out , but, it's hardly there, so you ignore it.

"Alright, the next part is a little trickier though," he warns.

"I can do it. I"m feeling it today," you smile.

"Sounds good. So it's this," he demonstrates and you watch. It's a stomp with your right foot and then a hunch of the back and a swoop of your arms. He used the swoop to pick up his arms againand then he shook his shoulders in a shifting way with four counts and he was suddenly standing straight up again.

You try to mimick it, but it's a bit tricky. After getting the stomp-hunch-swoop, you freeze in your position and cry, "Help please, oppa." Dongwoo laughs and then comes over to you. He's near enough where you can smell his cologne. It's fresh, like a cactus in the spring. You still aren't able to get it, so Dongwoo asks if you're alright with him holding you. You don't think twice and immediately say yes.

Once he's holding you though, you remember what happened on Sunday and you have to really concentrate on what he's teaching you so this moment won't be awkward. After a few tries, you almost get it perfectly. You wonder if Dongwoo remembers when he last held you this close. Then, while you both are held closely together for the shoulder shifting, someone steps into the dance studio. You and Dongwoo, still standing near each other with his hands circling your wrists and your back to his chest, look to the door to see a familair face.