Monday Afternoon

Feel so Bad

You look at the mirror and make sure everything looks alright. The uniform is a purple polo with black sweat pants. The shirt has three purple buttons on it and has the Company's name written in white cursive lettering. You tie your hair back into a ponytail and smile at your reflection. In Jae comes out of the dressing room with a frown on her face. "Already want to quit?" you ask.

In Jae comes to the mirror and stands next to you. She readjusts her pony tail to put it higher on her head. "Ani. The manager's nice. I just don't like the color of this shirt. Why couldn't it be pink?"

You laugh at her. "It' okay, at least it'll match the pink in your closet."

You grab your purse and clothes and throw them in your work locker. You look at your watch. "My shift's starting soon. I'm going. See you in a few hours!"

As you walk out the door, you hear her call out, "I'll see you before that. Let's just eat dinner afterwards!"

"Arasseo!"

You go to the main office and pick up some flyers. There aren't too many people here yet since it's only 2:30 p.m. Your job right now is to update all of the bulletin boards in the sports center. After hitting five bulletin boards, you go to your next one which is in between the boy's and girl's bathroom above a water fountain. As you take the outdated papers off, someone comes out of the boy's room which is to your left. You look at the person and are taken back. "Woohyun-sshi."

Woohyun looks back and gives you an eye-smile. "~~-sshi. What are you doing here?"

"I work here."

"Jincha?"

"Nthe. Do you have membership here?"

"Aniyo. The place was new, so we decided to check it out."

We?

"Is...uh...Sunggyu-oppa..."

His happy smile falters for a second, but returns with a sad, sincere smile. "Ani. He's at the dorm." You sigh in relief and nod your head. His eyes are sympathetic.

Then Woohyun pulls you into a hug. You are a bit surprised, but then hug him back almost immediately. The both of you stay like that for a while, not needing to say anything. When he pulls away, he gives you another eye smile. "Ah, sorry ~~-sshi. That was a bit awkward for you wasn't it?"

You ruffle his bangs a bit and smile. "Not at all." He starts walking backwards and you realize he needs to go.

As he walks away, he says, "Im serious though, call me oppa!"

Your lip-glossed grin widens. "Gomowoyo oppa!!!" You call out to him down the hallway. He laughs and shakes his head. Then he turns the corner and you don't see him anymore. Oppa. You remember the first time you called Sunggyu that...

 

You flipped through the menu on a date with Sunggyu. You heard him gently put his glass of water on the table. "~~-ah." You look up from your browsing to look at him. His reddish-colored hair stood out among the rest of the people with black hair, but he looked totally ridiculous with his "hot bad boy" expression on his face and his arms crossed. You smiled and tried to suppress a laugh. Sunggyu noticed and raised an eyebrow. "Waeo?"

"Don't try to act cool with me, Sunggyu-sshi. I know you. Just be yourself around me." It was as if a glass wall had been shattered and he cracked an eye smile with ease and dropped his bad boy look.

He repositioned himself into a more comfortable position and looked at you curiously, "Did it really bother you that much?"

"It was y the other way, but I like this better," you said to Sunggyu.

"You know, I think we're pretty close and you know me so well...don't you think you should call me 'oppa' by now?"

You glanced down to your menu in embarassment. It was true. You and Sunggyu had known each other for a while now. You were close to him, however calling him 'oppa' would mean...something different. Maybe a good different? you thought to yourself.

"I'll get to it sometime. I'm just not sure if I can call you that," you finally say.

"Well, you call me that when you're ready then," he smiled.  His smile was so contagious. "Feel free to get anything you want. I'll pay."

"Alright."

After browsing for a few minutes, Sunggyu raised his hand and a waiter came to take your order. When the waiter asked who would be paying, you quickly said before Sunggyu could open his mouth, "Oppa will be paying for it." The waiter noded and left.

You're cheeks were a little red and you sneaked a glance at Sunggyu whose gaze you had been trying to avoid. Sunggyu looked ridiculous. He looked so pleased and happy, he could hardly control himself.You hadn't believed you could've made an idol look like this. You laughed at him and said, "Oppa!"

Sunggyu threw his head back and squeezed his cute eyes shut. Your jaw dropped with disbelief. You laughed again and looked around. The two of you were making a scene. People in the restaurant were giving the two of you weird looks. You hadn't known he would react like this to it. You sighed and said, "Sunggyu-sshi. We're making a scene."

He returned after he heard you address him formally. Sunggyu said,"Sunggyu-sshi?," he pointed directly at you, "You can't call me that anymore." He grinned widely as he said, "I like it when you call me oppa."  Then the waiter came and brought your food. You and Sunggyu enjoyed the rest of lunch however, you remember it being awkward because he kept grinning like a fool to himself.

 

You smile, remembering his goofy smile. Then you remember him shouting, "I don't need you!!!" Your smile falls and you give a small sigh. Waeo? you ask yourself. As you continue putting up flyers on the bulletin boards around the building, you hear someone shout, "~~-noona!!!" You turn around and see a bouncing Sungyeol. His black hair is pulled back by a sweat band and he's wearing a shirt with running shorts. He bounds up to you. "What are you doing here?" he asks chodingly. You explain that you work here and he shouts, "Oh! THAT'S why Woohyun-hyung said he wanted to come back!!!!"

"Sungyeol-ah, do you have to be so loud?" Wait. What did he say?

"Mian hamnida, noona."

You shake your head. "Gwenchana. Sungyeol-ah, is it just you and Woohyun-sshi here?"

"Ye. I wanted to come check this new place out and Woohyun lost a bet with the rest of Infinite so he's here with me."

So that's why Woohyun's here. Of course he wouldn't admit that he lost a bet.

"Alright then." you look at his running clothes and ask, "Are you looking for the treadmills?"

"Woh! Noona's so smart!"

You smile and point him in the direction of the treadmills. "I'll tell Sunggyu-hyung that you said hi, noona," he says as he walks away. Then he walks over to the treadmills with a bounce in his step. He probably hadn't heard anything. You and Sunggyu hadn't been dating long, but you guys had been a very serious couple. Sunggyu probably hadn't told them anything yet. Maybe only Woohyun knew. Sunggyu, when are you going to tell them?