Saturday Afternoon

Feel so Bad

"Have you thought about taking back Sunggyu?" Woohyun asked.

You set the plates and bowls on to the counter top. You feel a bit awkward and don't feel like moving towards Woohyun who is in between you and the table, so while still facing the cupboard, you put your beautifully curled hair into a ponytail with the hairband on your wrist.

When you're done tying it, you turn around to face Woohyun. You rest your palms on the counter top and lean against them. You say quietly to Woohyun, "I'm not going to lie oppa, but I haven't thought about it at all."

Woohyun runs a hand through his black hair and comes over to you. He rests beside the counter, mimicking your action. Why am I suddenly relieved? Woohyun thinks to himself. I should ask for the reason first though, before I get ahead of myself. "Waeyo?" he asks. You turn to your left to look at him and realize how handsome of a face Nam Woohyun has up close. You also realize how good of a friend he is to Sunggyu.

You drop your gaze and look at his hands on the counter. "He's the leader of Infinite-"

"I know that already."

"-and he told me that he was going to be having a solo project coming out. He's always wanted that. Since he was in high school, before he met me." Woohyun watches you as you talk while staring at the white linoleum tile floor. "That was his dream before Infinite and I came into his life and...I don't want to be in Sunggyu's way of that."

Woohyun looks at you again. It's obvious. She still really misses Sunggyu. He doesn't know what to say to you. Woohyun puts an arm around you and pulls you toward him for comfort. After a moment, you rest your head on his shoulder. Woohyun's always been there for you, even when you and Sunggyu were dating.

Then, both of you hear Sungyeol shriek and you are reminded that you have other guests. You quickly pull away from Woohyun. "Gomowoyo, oppa." You look into Woohyun's beautiful eyes and then return to bringing the dishes over to the table for lunch.

After a happy lunch with Sungyeol, Sungjong, Woohyun, and Daeri on L's lap, Woohyun announces that he has to leave.

"Waeyo?" you ask.

"ACUBE entertainment is preparing for some K-Pop-color-performance-thing and Woolim wants me and Sunggyu to be in it," explains Woohyun as you walk with him in your white house slippers to the door.

"Geurae? Well, that's good then. I can't wait to watch it," you say as you cross your arms while waiting for him to put on his shoes by the door.

"Good. Today's our first day, so I don't want to be late," Woohyun laughs.

"Arasseo. Paili then," you say as Woohyun slips on his jacket.

You open the door for him and he walks out. You watch him head towards the stairs and see him turn back. "Did you forget something?"

"Uhhhh...yeah. I actually did." Did he actually NOT forget something? you think.

"What is it?" you say as you step back into the house to let him in.

"Oh, you don't have to get it. I just needed to ask you something."

"Dashi?" you raise an eyebrow.

"It's not about that. I was wondering if I could see you tomorrow since I'm leaving so early today."

"Oh. Nthe. I'm not working tomorrow. What do you want to do?"

"I was thinking the sports center. We could play tennis or something."

"I'm at the sports center like everyday, oppa!"

"Arasseo, arasseo. But manager-hyung will only let me out if I'm working out."

"Gwenchana. It's alright. You need to work out." You decide to act a little boldly. His jacket is ped and his dark green and gray sweater is showing. You reach over to pat his stomach quickly and say, "Wouldn't want your chocolate abs to melt would we?"

After pulling away, your hand is still in shock from touching his rock-hard stomach. Why are his abs so hard? Didn't he just eat? "Yah, don't be erted ~~~-ah!" Woohyun laughs.

"Annyeong oppa. I'll text you."

"Don't be surprised if I text you first."

You laugh and then watch him leave. As he heads down the stairs, you shut the door and bite your lips. Even if only for a second, you had just touched Woohyun's abs. Any other Inspirit would've done anything to be you. You're glad Woohyun is someone who can take an easy joke and is funny himself.

When you go back to the room, Sungyeol is holding up Daeri 'Lion King-style' and sees you. "That was a long good bye, noona."

L spoke up, "It's because we normally just say bye to hyung and go back to what we do. Noona's nice like that."

You smile at L and go sit on the couch with him and Sungjong. "Thanks for the explanation L-ah." L doesn't say anything. He just gives you a small smirk. His eyes hint for a second that he seems to know something, but then he turns away to Sungyeol and Daeri.

"So, Sungjongie-ah."

"Nthe noona," he says. It sounds like he's reporting for duty or something. You laugh.

"Do you like somebody?"

"You should know that I like everybody, noona. Except for manager-hyung."

"Aniyo. I know our Sungjongie-ah likes everybody-"

"-Except for manager-hyung." You nod your head at him.

"Nthe, but do you like a girl?"

He's silent for a moment and then you say, "...a guy?"

"Aniyo noona! I'm straight. Total namja!" he declares with a smile. You look at him to continue. Sungjong's smile turns into a small pout. "No one right now. Eopseoyo. I don't get out of the house enough."Everyone laughs.

An hour later, Sungjong's phone rings. "Yeobeosaeyo?"

You hear a man talking on the other end.

"Hey Sungjongie-ah. Where are you guys? Hoya and I just got back from Infinite H practice and nobody's at the dorm, well except for Sunggyu, but he's always in his room."

"Oh, Dongwoo-hyung. We're at ~~~-noona's apartment."

"Annyeong oppa!" you call out towards the phone.

You hear Dongwoo laugh and then say hi back to you. Sungjong turns the volume down and then continues talking to Dongwoo for a few more minutes. When he's done, he stands up. "Hyung says it's time to go back now."

"No I don't." says Sungyeol.

"Ani. Not you hyung. Dongwoo-hyung," Sungjong rolls his eyes at Sungyeol.

"Jigeum? Why now?" complains Sungyeol as he takes Daeri from L.

"We have a schedule later, hyung."

"Arasseo, arasseo. Only for the Inspirits," Sungyeol says as he walks over to you on the couch with chubby Daeri in his arms. You stand up and cuddle Daeri in your arms. He looks at your colorful striped shirt.

"Let's go say 'annyeong' to hyungs, Daeri," you coo.

"Daeri-ah, annyeong!!!" squeals Sungjong as he walks backwards to the coat closet. Sungjong waves both of his skinny arms and Daeri laughs. Sungjong's face lights up in surprise to Daeri's reaction. Then L comes up behind you silently and ruffles Daeri's hair which startles you. L looks at you. You're a bit shorter than him.

Sizing him, he seems taller than Woohyun. He gives a goofy smile to Daeri. "Annyeong Daeri-ah. Hyung's leaving now." You watch L. His smile is different than his normal bored look and it makes his always picture-perfect face look real and human.

"Annyeong L-ah."

"Nthe. Annyeong noona," then he goes over to put shoes on.

"Annyeong Sungyeol-ah," you say as Sungyeol takes Daeri out of your hands again. "Uri Daeri-ah wants to go play with his hyungs like he did a really long time ago when ~~~-noona and Sungg-"

"Sungyeol-ah!" L calls out, "Erm...time to go."

L heads out the door and Sungjong follows. "Arasseo...Jincha...", complains Sungyeol. While Daeri is with Sungyeol, you go over and grab his jacket for him. "I'll trade you," you say as you hand Sungyeol his jacket as you reach for little Daeri.

"Okay. Kalke, noona!"

"Nthe. Annyeong! Take care of Infinite for me."

The house falls quiet with Infinite gone. After about thirty minutes, Daeri falls asleep in your arms and you set him on the couch once again. You get a text from your sister, Chaemin, and see that she's coming to pick up Daeri with Tony around 8:00 tonight. It's already 4:00 p.m. Then you get a text while you're holding your Samsung Galaxy S III. You read it:

Woohyun: Sports center at 11:00 a.m.? ^^

You: Alright. See you there oppa!

As Daeri quietly snores, you sigh and can only think about your date with Woohyun tomorrow.