Tuesday Afternoon (2)

Feel so Bad

You and Dongwoo are frozen in your positions as you look at the man standing in the doorway. He looks back at the both of you, still in each other's arms. "Hoya-ssi," you smile. Hoya smiles and walks over. Dongwoo takes a step back and lets you go as you set your arms down to your sides. You straighten your posture and before Hoya can say anything, his phone goes off.

Hoya says embarrassedly, "Chwesunghamnida." Then he takes his phone out of his pocket and answers the call. "Ye hyung...I'm with Dongwoo-hyung...ani.......do whatever...Sungjong and L should be home soon...nthe." Hoya hangs up and looks at you and Dongwoo and smiles. "How's practice coming along?"

"It's going good. Dongwoo's been a great teacher," you say indicating to Dongwoo who is looking through his mp3 in the back of the room. You turn back to Hoya. "Don't take this the wrong way Hoya-ssi, but why are you here?"

Hoya speaks while walking towards the back of the dance room, "I'm here with Dongwoo to help teach the dance class. We're also promoting Infinite H so that way we're known in January."

"Daebak!" you smile. Infinite was doing well with promotions lately. That was always good. Ugh. Sunggyu was always the one who was concerned with Infinite's promotions. It must have rubbed on to you. You push Sunggyu out and then you wonder how Woohyun is doing. You say, "Hoya-ssi."

With his back towards you, Hoya straightens from hunching over to put his belongings down, "Mmm?"

"Who was on the phone earlier?" you ask, hoping it was Woohyun.

Hoya casts a side glance at Dongwoo and you catch it. "It was Sunggyu-hyung." You are taken aback. Your face tells of surprise and a bit of hurt, but you manage to cover it with a smile.

"Guraeyo." The silence is a bit awkward, but the clock ticks towards 12:30 and the students trickle in towards the door. There are a few murmurs throughout the large room since not everyone is familiar with each other and comfortable to speak to the strangers.

You notice a group of fit young teenage girls whispering to each other and glancing at Dongwoo and Hoya. You had forgotten that you will probably have to act like you don't know the two trend-dols otherwise there could be trouble.

The class starts and there's probably a good twenty people in the class. You recognize the boy from last week that Dongwoo had been helping before you two had gone out for lunch. You go and stand next to him and it's obvious he doesn't know who you are, but he smiles and looks to the front where Dongwoo and Hoya are standing.

"Annyeonghasaeyo Infinite H Dongwoo-imnida. I have brought one of my friends with me today." Dongwoo says with a bow.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Infinite H Hoya-imnida. I know that I wasn't here last week, but I'm here to help my hyung teach you all to improve your dancing skills. I hope everyone is willing to let me be your teacher and also willing to have fun while dancing."

The class smiles at Hoya's humbleness and Dongwoo playfully hits his shoulder. The session starts with a simple study-and-mimic warm up. It's pretty cool seeing so many people doing the same thing. Then Dongwoo says that you guys will be starting the dance from last week.

You smile. You're grateful that you have the routine down because the class picks it up fairly quickly. An hour flies by and the class comes to an end learning almost the entire dance. "Great job today guys! Kamsahamnida! We were super progressive today! See you guys Thursday!" Dongwoo calls out.

The class has random shouts back of gratitude and then they pack up. You stay behind and notice the two teenage girls from earlier. They are talking to Dongwoo and Hoya who smile politely and bow back. The two boys sign a piece of paper and the girls grin even wider and then leave after bowing.

With everyone gone, you walk up to them, "Aigoo, look at our trend-dols!" They both grin like little boys and you laugh. You guys leave the room together and walk towards the locker rooms. You go into the women's, while Dongwoo and Hoya go into the men's. You quickly grab a face towel and pat the sweat on your neck and forehead.

You go over to the lockers and throw on your uniform of a purple polo and black dress pants. You put your hair into a pony tail and then throw the rest of your belongings in the staff-marked lockers. Checking your reflection again quickly, you decide to walk the boys out and then go back to work.

Leaving the locker room, you see Hoya sitting on the bench looking at you. Hoya was always quiet, but that was just his personality. You go and stand by him. "Is this seat taken?"

"Aniyo. You can sit here." You smile and sit beside him with respectable space in between you and him.

Hoya asks, "Do you work here ~~~-ssi?"

You nod and smile, "Nthe." Hoya nods with you in an approving way. Then you ask, "Is Dongwoo still-" Hoya nods his head. There is a bit of silence. You want to ask Hoya if Dongwoo has been okay since you had rejected his confession on Sunday, but you don't know if Dongwoo has shared with the rest of the members. Hoya's eyes are also flitting about as he is debating if he should say something or not. Then Hoya clears his throat and turns to you.

"I heard what happened on Sunday night ~~~-ssi. Between you and Dongwoo." You bite your lips and cast your gaze at your hands on your lap. You are speechless. You feel guilty now for some reason. Hoya was such an easy-going guy. You don't want him to be mad at you since Dongwoo was one of his best friends. Hoya sighs and you look up at him and he's looking at the wall across the hallway. He's siting with his elbows on his knees and hands held together slightly.

"Has Dongwoo-oppa been....okay?" you ask tentatively. Hoya runs a hand through his hair and then looks back at you.

"He went back home to visit his parents yesterday," your eyes widen at this, "He came back after a few hours or so since we had a schedule. I've been in that position before. Same position as Dongwoo. Over time....he'll get over it."

You are surprised. Surprised that Hoya, who you aren't too close with, would share something personal like that with you. Hoya continues, "When you're in a one-sided love, the best thing is to continue seeing them only if  the lover has realised that he won't have a chance. At least for a while."

You nod in agreement and ask, "Hoya-ssi, do you think it's possible for me and oppa to...be in a friendly relationship again? Oppa was such a good friend to me, really like an oppa, I don't want to lose that, but I'm afraid we..."

Hoya looks at you with a sympathetic smile. "It'll be okay ~~~-ssi. Dongwoo-hyung...jincha namja. He's a real gentleman. If something like your friendship means a lot to him, he won't let it dissolve into nothing."

"I hope it means a lot to him. Because it was-and still is-for me." Hoya seems satisfied. Then the conversation drifts into silence again. You realize that Dongwoo is either taking a really long time or you had come out in record time.

Then Hoya says, "Are you over Sunggyu-hyung?" How long has it been? Why did it feel slightly like salt on a wound? You open your mouth to say something. You want to say something like, 'I'm way over him' or 'I was over him a while ago', but you can't bring yourself to say that.

Deep in your heart, even though Woohyun had recently found a place, a place reserved for Sunggyu was still there. Will it ever not be there? You feel that if that place for Sunggyu is removed from your heart, you won't be relieved. You would be in pain from something essential that was supposed to be in your heart. You decide to answer, "Not completely." And I never will be unless I have him again.

You decide to bold and ask, "How's Sunggyu-oppa?"

Hoya looks at you. He knows that Sunggyu has been missing you like crazy along with his solo album promotions. He finally says, "He's...been working hard for his solo promotions."

You are a little disappointed with Hoya's answer, but you nod. Hoya becomes a bit fidgety and then he glances at his watch on his wrist. "Aish," he says. Then he stands up quickly.

"Waeyo?" you ask, rising slowly to stand with him.

"I have somewhere to go to today before Dongwoo. Do you mind telling Dongwoo to catch a cab and then go to the dorm?"

"Geureumyo, Hoya-ssi."

"Kamsahamnida, ~~~-ssi. It was nice talking to you. See you around," he says.

"Anneyong," you reply. Hoya and you bow and then he dashes down the hallway towards the lobby. You sit back down on the bench waiting for Dongwoo again. After five more minutes, Dongwoo finally comes out. 

"Hey, ~~~-ah. Where's Hoya?"

"He had to leave early. He said for you to catch a taxi."

"Oh,geurae?" You nod and Dongwoo looks at the ceiling. Then he looks back at you. "Do you have to work immediately today ~~~-ah?"

"Ani. Waeyo?"

"Do you want to go out for lunch?" You look at Dongwoo and you can see his effort in trying to restore the friendship that you used to have. You should really start working, but Seunghoon's birthday was tomorrow. Maybe he would be in a good mood and let this slide. You agree to lunch and then you both walk together while talking about where to eat. You wonder if you're the only one who is trying not to let the memories of Sunday night resurface.

 

 

After lunch standing in the cold at a dukkbokki stand, you and Dongwoo walk around a different way to the sports center. On the way you see a small bakery.

You stop in front of it and Dongwoo stops with you as well. You reach into your purse and rummage around for a small wad of cash. You keep it in your purse once you find it. Looking at the store and then back at Dongwoo, you ask, "Oppa, do you want dessert?"

Dongwoo looks at the store, "Sure." He reaches into his pocket for his wallet, but you stop him. Standing with your back towards the shop and you in between the shop and Dongwoo, you say, "Since you paid for lunch, can I pay for dessert?"

Dongwoo takes his hand out of his pocket and you walk together with him towards the store. You hold the door open for him with your gloves, trying to show that he doesn't need to be a gentleman around you since you and him had established over lunch that you will remain friends.

You enter and there are tons of cutely decorated pastries, cakes, and candies. After looking around, you and Dongwoo finally settle on two cupcakes.

 

"Aigoo, kyopta..." you say as you see Dongwoo's selection. Dongwoo smiles as the clerk hands you a small plastic tray holding the cupcakes. You pay the clerk, who is a young girl with very short hair, and before you leave, she calls out, "Annyeong, Dongwoo-oppa!"

Dongwoo stops walking and turns back to the girl. He asks, "What's your name?"

"Kang TaeYoon-imnida."

"Ah, geurae? Then annyeong, TaeYoon-ah!" She smiles and shrugs with a bit of embarassment, but it's obvious she's very happy. You leave the store with a smile and wait for Dongwoo by the tree. Dongwoo comes out shortly afterwards.

"Does it feel good that people know you?"

Dongwoo laughs, "Definitely." You two open the tray and take out the cupcakes. You see a nearby trash can and toss the tray while you eat the cupcakes.

"Omo! It's really yummy!" you exclaim.

Dongwoo laughs with a kyakyakya and a few crumbs slip out of his mouth. The both of you laugh at each other's silliness and before you know it, the cupcakes are both gone and you both are standing in front of the sports center. "Annyeong oppa. Thanks for today. I think it's what we both needed." you say.

Dongwoo smiles and nods his head in agreement and then you walk towards the glass doors. "Annyeong oppa," you say again before pulling the doors.

Dongwoo waves and then says, "Annyeong ~~~-ah." Then you go into the sports center and he turns around to the street to hail a taxi. When one finds him, he gets into the cab and then sits down. He asks the ahjusshi ttake him to the dorm. After a few minutes, he opens his palm and looks at the small blue dinosaur from the cupcake in his hand. Dongwoo looks at it and smiles. He thinks of the fun he had with you today. Dancing alone, eating lunch, walking while laughing. He thinks, It didn't quite work out now, but I'm grateful we're friends. Chinggus.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

Annyeong! If you are a regular subscriber, sorry for the confusion with the updating. Chwesunghamnida. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then don't worry about it. XD But, am I the only one who would actually want to go to a cupcake store with Dongwoo? Aigoo! XD Thanks for reading! You are daebak! I'll try to update more! Thanks for the comments, I'm super grateful for them! I'll propose a deal with you! If I update more chapters, will you continue to keep posting comments? Aigoo! Gomowyo! Annyeong! XD