Wednesday Evening

Feel so Bad

Sunggyu checked his phone. 5:30. The text said 5:30. Where is everyone? Sunggyu looked around for anyone that he knew.

The noraebang was called "Prince Edward". It was fairly popular and was the place that Seunghoon liked to go to when they were younger, so why wasn't anyone here?

Sunggyu looked around and then looked back at the door in front of him. Not knowing what to do, he thought about what had happened earlier at the dorm....

 

He had been changing from his comfortable clothing into something nicer and more appropriate for Seunghoon's birthday party. He threw on an aviator's jacket and some dark blue skinny jeans. He grabbed a black beanie from his accessories drawer to cover his bright red hair.

Then Sunggyu looked at his little shelf of make-up. Should he wear the eyeliner? He never went out anywhere without his eyeliner. Sunggyu thought it over. He moved his left hand to grab the liner, but then changed his mind. Nah, Seunghoon would laugh, Sunggyu thought. So he skipped the eye make-up and then saw his set of colognes.

He automatically reached for the one that he always wore on outings. After spraying it on himself, he wafted the familiar scent towards his nose for a whiff. Sunggyu nodded to himself and then remembered why he had always worn this musk.

He thought, ~~~ really loved this scent. Sunggyu hesitates, as if thinking about taking off the scent, but then realized that it was too late. Sunggyu didn't think it was healthy to keep missing you, but at the same time, he couldn't help it.

Sunggyu whipped off his beanie and runs a hand through his bangs in frustration. Gosh I miss her. I miss her so much, he thought.

He then looked back at the mirror at his reflection. In the mirror, he saw an imaginary you standing over his right shoulder. You were frowning in concern and put both your hands on his shoulders.

Sunggyu turned to his right, but of course, no one was there. Sunggyu shook his head to clear his thoughts. He wrung his beanie for comfort and then put it on. He checked his reflection again, wistfully wishing you were there, but knew it was impossible.

Woohyun had come in through the door to their dorm. Woohyun whistled and then he had said, "You look nice hyung. Eodi kaya? Where are you going?" as he went to sit on Sunggyu's lower bunk.

"It's my cousin's birthday today," Sunggyu replied as he straightened the collar of his jacket. Woohyun frowned and Sunggyu saw in the corner of his eye. He turned to Woohyun. "Something wrong?"

Didn't ~~~ say she was going to a birthday too today? I can't remember...I could have sworn that she did....What if.....no....that's too much of a coincidence....Right? Woohyun shook his head and then smiled. "I just can't believe manager-hyung let you out with your promotions starting this week."

"I know, right? I couldn't believe it either, but I told manager-hyung that it was a good cousin of mine. He's like a hyung to me, so manager-hyung said ok." Sunggyu reached for a big, clunky, white wrist watch and then turned to Woohyun. "I gotta go now."

Woohyun was fiddling with his fingers and seemed distracted. Sunggyu figured that Woohyun had been acting weird nowadays, so he ignored his dongsaeng's actions. He turned the knob of their bedroom door, but was stopped with, "Hyung-"

Sunggyu turned back. "Mwoya?"

Woohyun thought, I should tell him. I need to tell him about me and ~~~....Woohyun opened his mouth, but nothing came out. Sunggyu raised an eyebrow and asked, "Is it important?"

Yes! Really important! Woohyun looked at his hyung. How did this happen to them? How could he tell Sunggyu that he was dating the girl that Sunggyu had loved so much?

Woohyun could tell that Sunggyu still missed you. And it killed him everytime he saw his hyung like that. But ~~~ had needed someone now that Sunggyu was gone. She was an incredibly amazing and strong girl, but when you lost what ~~~ and Sunggyu had had, it was a difficult task for anyone, no matter how strong they were.

Woohyun closed his mouth and then responded to Sunggyu with a sad look in his eyes. "Ani. It can wait. I'll tell you when you get back."

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and then smiled at Woohyun, "Aish, don't waste my time with stuff like this." He threw a wave a Woohyun and then walked out the door. Woohyun had waved back, but he was too late and waved at a closed door...

 

Now Sunggyu is at the noraebang. He peers through the glass door, but doesn't go in. He sees a reflection of you in the doorway behind his left, just like before at the dorm. Sunggyu frowns. Why did his mind keep doing things like this to agonise him. He shakes his head like before, but then he hears you say, "Sunggyu-oppa?"

 

Sunggyu turned around and your heart skipped a beat. Your first thought is how attractive his red hair is along with the rest of him. Your following thoughts are a flood of how you missed him, but you manage to mentally dam the thoughts with the mentality of Sunggyu being your ex.

Sunggyu plasters a smile on his face to cover his surprise. You're so overwhelmed and go into a slight shock. For the last couple weeks, all you could think about was Sunggyu, and now here he was. Standing in front of you.

Sunggyu bows and says, "Ah, annyeonghasaeyo ~~~-ah."

His voice pulls you out of your blank mind, but you realize that he didn't use panmal (informality) with you. You muster up a smile and manage to say, "Nthe, annyeonghasaeyo." You both stand a little awkwardly, not moving while staring at each other.

You wonder what's running in his mind. Then you start to worry about how you look. Your jacket didn't make you look to bulky did it? You look at Sunggyu. Sunggyu has a friendly smile on, but it looks like he isn't able to say anything.

Then behind you, a woman with a cake in her hands asks if the two of you can move so she can get in. You both mumble "Chwesunghamnida" and then you are slightly embarssed. You and Sunggyu immediately step out of the way in the same direction towards each other. You notice this, but then Sunggyu pulls away.

You are saddened as you slowly walk away from the door, but then realize that he went back to open the door for the lady. "Kamsahamnida," she says to Sunggyu. You decide to walk in and Sunggyu holds the door for you as well.

You can't help but notice how close Sunggyu is to you as he follows you into the Prince Edward. You are a bit regretful that you didn't get to talk to Sunggyu more, but you didn't have time since you had to decorate. You go up to the clerk's desk and show him your reservation sheet.

The man says, "Party room 2..... Thank you for checking in early and we'll let you know when you can go in. For now, you can wait on the bench over there," he gestured to a nice red cushioned bench against the wall beside a potted tree. You walk over and sit down, setting the heavy purple bag of supplies beside you.

You look around the noraebang and see that Sunggyu is coming towards you. You bite your lip. The one that you have been missing for so long was right in front of you, but you couldn't hug him.

"Is it alright if I sit here?" he asks in a friendly way. You nod your head (a little too eagerly you think with a mental face-palm) and he sits on the other side of the purple bag. You decide to start up a conversation with him.

You clear your throat and Sunggyu turns to you expectantly, "Congratulations on your solo album. I, um, heard the title track the other day. It was really good."

Sunggyu looks down at his shoes and smiles with his lips bitten.You can tell that he's glad for the compliment. You let him enjoy the moment, knowing that that was what he wanted his entire life. Then Sunggyu turns to you and says a short, "Kamsahamnida." You stare a little too deeply in his dark brown eyes and you end up nodding while turning away as you bite your lips.

The awkward sensation returns. Then you ask, "You must have a lot of promotions now," Sunggyu nods, "so, why are you here?"

Sunggyu replies, "It's my cousin's birthday today."

"Oh, geurae?"

"Mmm."

You look down at your black skirt and smooth it out. Then you remember that Seunghoon is a Kim...could Sunggyu and Seunghoon be cousins? "Oppa, are you here for Seunghoon-ssi's birthday?"

Sunggyu raises his eyebrows. "Nthe. How did you know?" he asks curiously.

"That's why I'm here. For Seunghoon-ssi's birthday," you exclaim. "But why are you here so early? The party doesn't start until 6:30."

Sunggyu takes out his Samsung Note and flips through. He says, "Hyung texted me that it started at 5:30." Sunggyu shows you and you look at his Note.

"Ah, it must have been a typo while he was texing," you say. "I know you're busy and all so sorry for the inconvenience."

"Aniyo, gwenchana," he says. Then Sunggyu smiles and says, "What a small world. How do you know Seunghoon-hyung?"

"Ah, Seunghoon-ssi's my boss."

"Yeah, sounds like hyung if your boss doesn't enforce using 'seonbaenim'."

"Nthe, he's a nice guy. Very easy-going." The conversation drifts into awkwardness as you compliment another man in front of your ex.

After a minute of silence, Sunggyu asks, "So how have you been doing?"

There seems to be more depth in his words, but you respond with a nod, "I've been doing good." Your heart is slightly pricked with the lie, but you try to ignore it. You know that it is courteous to ask the person in return, but you're afraid that if you ask Sunggyu, he will say something stupid, hurting both of you.

Sunggyu says, "I'm-"

But he is interrupted by the clerk who calls to you, "Agasshi, party room 2 is now open."

"Kamsahmanida," you say. You scramble to pick your purple party bag up and your purse, which you had set down in your lap.

Sunggyu says, "I can carry the bag ~~~-ah." You look at him and give him the strap. Sunggyu and you stand up together and then head down the hallway to Party Room 2.

You open the sound proof door and step in with Sunggyu following. The entrance was in the back of the room with a table and fridge for snacks and beverages. Then the floor stepped down and there were couches and tables for the guests. In the front was a large screen and microphone set. There are lights hanging from metal poles on the cieling and the overall atmosphere is very nice.

 

(This, but the lights are )

Sunggyu sets the bag down on the empty table meant for snacks. He looks around and comments, "The place looks nice. We don't have to do anything do we?"

You look at him and then the room. Whether Sunggyu was your ex or not, he was here and you could use his help decorating since the clock was ticking. It was now 5:57. You hand Sunggyu a roll of streamers. He looks at the white roll of streamers and you say to him, "Now we have to decorate."