Sunday Morning

Feel so Bad

You walk down the sidewalk on your way to the sports center for a work-out date with Woohyun. You're wearing a cute long purple hoodie with leggings and tennis shoes with your sky blue sports bag on your shoulder. You look at the time on your phone. 10:50. You are early.

You pull on the metal bar to open the glass door of the light yellow sports center building. As you walk to the second set of glass doors, you see a man standing inside looking at you with a greasy smile.

Why is he here already?  You open the doors and walk towards him. "Oppa, annyeong. Did you wait long?"

"Yah!" Woohyun scolds. His smile is gone and his face is stern, "I waited for a super long time. Waeyo ~~~-ah?" Why is he scolding you? You're early. Is something wrong? Before you can say anything, Woohyun breaks into an eye smile, "Just kidding ~~~-ah. I just got here."

You look at him in disbelief and once again, before you can say 'oppa', Woohyun says, "Your face was funny to watch though. I thought I was gonna die of laughter."

"Yah," you say incredulously, "Don't laugh. I thought you were for real."

You start walking towards the locker rooms and Woohyun follows.  Woohyun asks how you slept and you ask how his morning was. "You're not mad at me for earlier are you?"

"Could I ever stay mad at Nam Woohyun?" you ask him. Woohyun smiles and stops walking as you both reach the women's locker room. He shoots you an aegyo heart and then does the nasal "Hmm! Hmm!" with bunny fingers. You laugh and then turn into the locker room. Before you turn the corner into the door-less hallway of the locker room, you hear Woohyun say, "You look cute today!"

You smile embarassed, but happy. You're glad that Woohyun liked your outfit. He was such a fashionista nowadays. You don't want to look bad beside him. You change into an athletic light green hoodie with sleeves cropped at your forearm and wear blue shorts with navy blue lines on the sides. You leave your hair down and tousle your front as you look at your reflection in the given mirror.

Once you're happy with your appearance, you head back out. You sit on the bench where you had waited for Dongwoo last Tuesday before you lunch together. This time, you don't have your phone since you left it in the locker room.

Woohyun comes out of the locker room. He's wearing gray sweatpants and a white shirt with a red sweat band bracelet on his right wrist. Despite the baggy clothes, his fit figure shows through.

You get up from sitting and he walks towards you. You ask, "What do you want to do first?"

"How about soccer?"

"Soccer? Alright. Let's go," you say. Will soccer help? I was expecting more weight-lifting...but Woohyun knows himself best, right?

The two of you go to the indoor soccer field on the first floor. You go over to the equiptment counter and ask the employee for a soccer ball. He hands it to you and you walk over to Woohyun on the artificial grass. Woohyun is on the other side of the field by a wooden bench designated for the soccer players.

The field is a rectangle with goals on each side. The long side facing the entranceThe walls have wallpaper of a park and trees to make it feel like it's outdoors. The field isn't large. Only big enough for one game, but there was no one there. Just you and Woohyun.

When you get near him, you see he's stretching and you roll the ball towards him. As you walk towards him, you start stretching your arms too. "Oppa, do you like soccer?"

"Nthe," he says, "I was captain when I was in school."

"Jincha? Daebak." After a few stretches, Woohyun asks, "Ready?"

"Nthe oppa."

You both start off with passing the ball to and from one another. It's pretty fun as you guys run up and down the field passing the ball to each other. You haven't played soccer since grade school, but you don't tell Woohyun that. You and Woohyun both laugh as he kicks it a little too far for you and you run off to get it.

After fifteen minutes of dribbling, he asks if you can be goalie while he practices shooting. You're nervous, but go ahead and give it a shot. You stand in front of the goal and bend your knees; ready to jump at anytime. "Oppa!" you call out to Woohyun.

"Nthe ~~~-ah!" Woohyun says as he takes his focus off of the soccer ball and looks at you at the goal about eight meters away.

"Please don't try to hit my face! Jebal!"

You hear him chuckle and you smile at him. After a half hour of Woohyun kicking and dribbling in the field alone and you blocking a few balls, you are starting to break a sweat. Woohyun, on the other hand, is dripping with sweat. You know that he won't call it out so you say, "Oppa! Let's take a water break! I'm thirsty."

Woohyun stands up straight and put his hands on his waist to stretch and crack his back. "Alright," says Woohyun. You beat him to the bench and grab his water bottle. You turn around and give it to him.

"Here, oppa." you say non-chalantly and then turn back around to grab your water bottle on the bench.

"Kamsahaminda," he says abruptly and immediately starts chugging the water. You gulp yours down while facing him. Then you turn around to the bench again to cap your bottle and return it to the bench. While you set it down, you hear Woohyun say, "~~~-ah."

You turn around to look at him. He's not smiling, but he's not dead serious. He looks really stuffy and hot. "Would you be alright if I took my shirt off?"

What?!?!?! Did I hear that right?!?!?! Oppa wants to...here?!?!?

"Gwenchana ~~~-ah?"

"Y-yeah. Sorry, go ahead oppa. Y-you must be really warm."

Despite your stammer, Woohyun starts to take his shirt off. You can't help but look at his body as his torso becomes exposed. The shirt is only slightly above his navel when he starts to put it down slightly. You look up at his face.

Woohyun laughs at you, "Aish, you're making this awkward now ~~~-ah!" The shirt goes back down even though there are slight sweat spots on the shirt. You don't know why, but you feel slightly disappointed.

"I'm not the one who made it awkward! You're the one who brought it up oppa!" Woohyun chuckles and puts together that when he asked you, it had shocked you a bit. Then you say, "Jincha oppa. Mian that I made it awkward. You can go ahead. I'm alright with it."

You give him a double thumbs up with a cute smile and he sighs. "You sure? I don't-"

You sigh and drop your hands to your side in disbelief. You raise you hands to your hair and shout, "JUST TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF OPPA!"

Woohyun blinks at you and then explodes out laughing. You're confused, but then realize how crazy you just looked. You collapse down so that you are hugging your knees and burst out laughing out of embarassment. "Omo! I didn't mean-I don't want-You should-argh!" you say as you stand up and walk over to the laughing Woohyun who is so drunk with laughter that he's walking backwards.

You grab his arm. You feel muscles, but ignore it to renew your dignity. "Oppa..." you whine, embarassed. You can't look at his face so you look downwards with your hair covering your blushing face. Woohyun begins to calm down and he plops down on to the fake green grass. You sit next to him, still holding his arm. Woohyun's shoulders are still bouncing slightly from laughing. You pout. "Oh, eotteoke..."

Woohyun chuckles, "Say that again ~~~-ah."

"Aniyo oppa!"

Woohyun then rolls over and starts another explosion of his deep laughter on the grass. He's not going to be able to let this go. You stand up and say, "Oppa...wae gurae...I'll...wait for you by the goal."

By the time you reach the goal, Woohyun is just starting to sit up. He's stopped laughing. He shakes his head to flip his hair and then whips off his shirt. Up and over his head, the t-shirt goes and he has a nice body even while sitting.

Woohyun throws his shirt towards the bench and then runs over to you. You hold the soccer ball in your hands. You try to focus on the black and white pentagons on the soccer ball and not the half man in sweat pants running towards. That was useless.

When Woohyun reaches you, he says, "Mian, mian ~~~-ah. It was just, I never thought you'd say something like that. Forgive me?" He does a little aegyo. Woohyun doing aegyo...with his shirt off. You shake you head and then laugh. You gently the ball into his abs.

"I forgive you, oppa."

He reaches for a hold on the ball in his abdomen and his fingers slightly brush yours. Woohyun looks at you and your breath catches slightly. Then he runs off to the middle of the field to keep practicing.

After another half hour, you are both on the wooden bench. Woohyun still has his shirt off as you sit near him. You can't bring yourself to get any closer to him. If he had a top on, it would be different. When he asks you why you're sitting farther than normal, you respond that he's sweaty and you are warm.

Woohyun throws on a shirt, and then you catch him looking at your legs in shorts. He is such a guy. You cross your ankles and to divert his attention, say, "Oppa."

He looks at your face. "Yeah."

"Do you want to go grab lunch and then we can come here again?"

"Sure. Sounds good," he says and then Woohyun hops off the bench and puts out a hand towards you. You take it and he pulls you off of the bench. Not without taking a glance at your legs though.

You slipped on some pants in the locker room and kept the top on. Woohyun had changed his sweaty top for a new shirt. "Where do you want to eat?" he asks.

"You choose."

"Aniyo. Andwae. I'm not paying for something that you won't like," argues Woohyun. Is Woohyun actually paying for a meal?

"Omo, oppa. Are you paying?"

"Geureum, I...wait. Did you want to pay? Because you totally can-"

"Ani! You brought it up first!"

"Aish," says Woohyun as he scratches his head, "Alright then. Kaja." Like a gentleman, Woohyun opens the door for you and then you and Woohyun leave the sports center in search of a restaurant to eat at.