Sunday Afternoon (Part 2)

Feel so Bad

What did Woohyun just say?

You look at him, trying to see if he's joking or not. You don't move closer to him, but he takes a step towards you. You look at Woohyun's beautiful eyes while his never part from yours. When you decide that he's completely honest, the impact of the words transmitted sink in.

You had just told Woohyun that you liked him. Had you just said that so that Woohyun would stop talking about Sunggyu? Had you really meant it. Of course you did. You liked Woohyun....right?

Either way, you're relieved that Woohyun likes you. You were afraid of rejection when you needed Woohyun in your life, especially now. However you can't help but feel in the deepest part of your heart, a doubt of your "need" for Woohyun. Did you really like Woohyun like he liked you? Or were you just needing someone to rely on because Sunggyu was gone.

Woohyun is still looking at you, smiling beautifully. You push your insecurities away. Whatever doubts that existed, don't matter now. You smile embarassedly back at Woohyun who chuckles.Then the two of you continue walking towards the sports center on the sidewalks of Seoul where the November sun seems to shine a little brighter than it did before.

__________________________

 

When you are both changed, you and Woohyun walk towards the indoor tennis courts. He seems happier than usual with you, and he has reason to. You decide to shake off your walls and let go with Woohyun. You beam at him as he tells you how athletic he was in school.

"Oppa, why do I get the feeling you're lying?"

Woohyun gives a mock shocked face, "I was so good in high school ~~~! No joke."

You give him an overexaggerated unbelieving face with a raised eyebrow and pursed lips. "Jincha?"

"Geureum!"

"Alright, I'll believe you oppa."

"Yes!" Woohyun smiles. He's acting different. Like he's trusted you completely. Woohyun's always been there for you. It was time you be there for him. When you arrive at the tennis courts, you see Dongwoo waving at you and Woohyun. You wave back and then whisper to Woohyun, "Let's not tell anyone yet?"

Woohyun looks at you. It would look bad for both of us since she's only been single for...a few weeks now and Sunggyu-hyung trusts me a lot. But I've liked her since Sunggyu-hyung introduced me to her... "Yeah." Woohyun says. You smile at him and then skip over to Dongwoo.

"Ready to play tennis oppa?"

"Yeah, I got you guys some rackets. What took you guys so long? It's almost been an hour since I called you guys when you guys were eating."

You and Woohyun both ignore the question and grab rackets. "I'll watch you guys play first," you say.

Woohyun looks at you and doesn't say anything, but Dongwoo argues, "That won't be fun for you. We can do a two on one."

"Aniyo. Gwenchana. That's not fair and I can be referee."

"You sure?" Dongwoo asks.

"Geureum."

"Alrighty then," says Dongwoo. Then he runs off while you go and sit by the bag of tennis balls to watch. It's fun watching Dongwoo and Woohyun play tennis. Everytime Woohyun gets a point, which isn't often since they are both so evenly matched, and Dongwoo goes to chase the ball, Woohyun throws you a little heart. Everytime, it makes you smile inside and out and you get the flutters. Then you would send him another heart back.

Dongwoo would keep smiling at you and everytime one of them got a score, you would cheer loudly for them. You let them play two matches and then it was your turn. Woohyun gave in first and let you play against Dongwoo. Dongwoo looked happy to play against you.

"Ready ~~~-ah?" Dongwoo shouted across the court.

"Nthe oppa!"

 Dongwoo served it and you responded back with a strong forward drive that Dongwoo wasn't able to return. "Woh! You're good ~~~-ah!"

"Aniyo! You let me have that one! Don't go easy on me oppa!" you call out.

"Alright then. Your serve!" Dongwoo calls back. You turn to Woohyun to give you a ball. He nods his head with an impressed smirk.

"You're not bad at tennis ~~~-ah. Or was that beginner's luck?"

"I think a mix of skill and beginner's luck. Can I have a ball Woohyun-oppa?"

"What's the magic word?"

"Jebal," you say.

"What's my name?"

"Mwoyo? Wae?"

"What's my name?"

"Nam Woohyun."

"Now say it all together."

"Je-"

"With aegyo."

You sigh and drop your shoulders. So much work for a tennis ball. You look at Dongwoo who looks like he's anticipating your aegyo. "Don't look so excited for my aegyo Dongwoo-oppa. It's not that good." Then you turn to Woohyun. "Nam Woohyun oppa...can you give me a ball? Je..bal?" you add a little clap with your hands which you bring to your chin.

Woohyun is so happy with your aegyo that he can't even throw the ball that he's holding in his hand. You turn to Dongwoo and see him shaking with chuckles, different than his usual loud outbursts of laughter. You groan and walk over to the sidelines where Woohyun is and grab the ball from him.

"Gomowoyo oppa!" you say as you hold the ball close to your face like you're advertising it. You hear Woohyun's deep laughter behind you as you go to the base line to serve. "Ready oppa?"

"Ready when you are ~~~-ah!" Dongwoo calls back. You serve it and you and Dongwoo have a good volley, but you hit the ball and it barely makes it over, causing Dongwoo to miss the ball. You both run up to the net.

"That was some good hits oppa! I didn't know you play tennis."

"Aigoo, who just won the last point? You're good too." Dongwoo turns to Woohyun. "Yah, Woohyun-ah, what's the score?"

"Ah, ~~~-ah needs to make one more point and then she wins. 0-45," Woohyun says boredly.

"Alright. Let's do this then," says Dongwoo as he raises his hand up for a high five. You jump and smack it. Then Dongwoo smiles and gives you the tennis ball.

You finish up the match with you winning and then Woohyun and Dongwoo switch places. "I won't go easy on you ~~~-ah!" warns Woohyun as he flips his hair.

"Arasseo oppa! I've been dying to see your tennis skills."

Words spoken too soon. Woohyun is really good at tennis. He's not holding back at all and you're so tired you feel like dying to not see his tennis skills. However, you've been putting up good competition becuase you and Woohyun can't pass each other in the overtime deuces.

After a while, Woohyun beats you and you guys go and sit with Dongwoo grabbing your bottles of water. Dongwoo checks his phone. "You guys want to call it a day? It's almost 5:00."

"Jincha?" Woohyun asks. "I have to go practice for the Colors of K-pop. Aish!" Woohyun gets up and starts to pack up.

"Oppa gwenchana. We'll get your stuff. Just go change. Dongwoo-oppa and I will drop off the rackets then give you your stuff."

"Thanks." Woohyun says and then he dashes towards the locker rooms. You and Dongwoo pack up and then return the tennis rackets.

"Are you in the Colors of K-pop oppa?" you ask Dongwoo.

"Ani, I wanted to, but they only wanted two represenatives from Infinite so they gave it to Woohyun-ah and Sunggyu-hyung."

"Oh, alright."

You and Dongwoo stop in front of the locker rooms and Woohyun comes out, "Thanks guys. Jincha gomowoyo." Woohyun nods to you guys and then he takes his stuff and then walks towards the exit. "Kalke!"

"Annyeong!"

"See you at the dorm!"

You watch Woohyun leave and then you turn to Dongwoo. "I"m going to go and change now."

"Yeah, me too," says Dongwoo.

"Meet back here?" you ask. He nods and then you go in and change. When you're done, you go outside and find Dongwoo sitting on the bench. He stands up when you come out in your purple hoodie and leggings.

"Can I walk you home?" Dongwoo asks.

"Umm, I actually take the taxi home, but do you want to come over for dinner? I'm by myself tonight."

"Sure."

"Will everything be okay with..."

"Yeah, just so long as I'm back by ten."

"Oh yeah. It's just dinner."

You and Dongwoo walk out to the beautiful lobby. You wave hi to your manager, Seunghoon, and then you and Dongwoo walk outside. Because it's getting close to winter, the days are becoming shorter, which means that the sun has already set even though it's only 5:30. You and Dongwoo go over and hail a taxi.

While Dongwoo and you sit in the back with the middle empty, you ask him what he wants for dinner. Then you guys end up telling funny stories of weird dinners. Dongwoo excuses himself to text Infinite that he's eating dinner. While he's on his phone, Dongwoo thinks, I have to tell her.