Sunday Afternoon

Feel so Bad

"You want to go for something korean?" Woohyun asks as you walk beside him on the sidewalk in Seoul. The day is nice. There is a slight layer of snow on the ground from last night, but it will probably melt with the heat of the warm sun today. A restaurant across the street catches your eye.

"Let's eat at that one, oppa!"

Woohyun looks to where you're pointing and raises an eyebrow. "You like korean pizza ~~~-ah?" you nod your head.

"Jincha joahe! It's so good oppa! Do you like it?"

Woohyun shrugs, "I've never tried it. I don't really like normal pizza, so-"

"Oppa! You can have your first korean pizza with me. Gwenchana?" you ask. Woohyun looks at you weirdly. Sunggyu-hyung liked korean pizza too, surely ~~~-ah knows that.

"If it's that good..." He looks at you nod your head, "...then why not?"

"Alright, let's go," you say. Woohyun walks in front of you and then, when there is a pause of cars driving, you guys run across the street together. Woohyun looks at the store. It's a little restaurant, but the advertisement is fantastic. Posters of pizzas on the menu are hung on the windows and there is a small neon sign blinking 'open'. There aren't many people inside. It's good because you don't want too many people to see you and Woohyun. Woohyun's next scandal would be with you. Yikes.

But that doesn't happen as you walk in. The manager is in the back by the cashier. He calls out, "Annyeonghasaeyo." You and Woohyun nod your head and respond back. You choose a table for two by the wall far away from the main window. The manager comes over and hands you both menus. "Just holler when you're ready," he says.

"Kamsahamnida," Woohyun says. You smile and nod at the man, who's about in his 50's, and he walks away. You and Woohyun page through the menus seperately.

"Do you want to get one to share? They're normally about this big for a small." You form your hands into a good-sized circle shape.

"Sure," agrees Woohyun and then he goes back as he's looking through the multiple selections. You look through and stop at one. It's the 'Secret Garden Chicken' pizza:

The 'Secret Garden Chicken' pizza was Sunggyu's favorite and you had really liked it. Your bottom lip purses out a bit as you remember eating korean pizza with Sunggyu. Before you can reminice any memories, Woohyun says, "How about this one?"

You lean forward to look at the menu that Woohyun shows you. Your eyes widen. "It's called the...'Secret-Garden-Chicken-Pizza'," he reads off. "What do you think ~~~-ah?"

You quickly look down to read your menu. Woohyun thinks that you are reading the ingredients, but you are actually scrambling to find a different pizza. You don't want to eat that pizza. Not with Woohyun.

You point to a different one quickly and show Woohyun. "You sure? That one has..." he looks down at his menu, "spicy boiled tofu with mayo on it." 

Ewwwww.... "Oh, geurae?" you ask a bit shocked. "I didn't know that." After a few more minutes of browsing, you and Woohyun decide on the "Beef over Flowers" pizza. Woohyun raises his hand, calling the man over to take your order. As he's ordering, you watch him. Woohyun's eye-smile while talking was incredibly charming to you. He's very respectful and mature when talking to elders. A very different side of him that you don't get to see often. When he's done, the owner leaves with your order and Woohyun turns back to you.

You're still studying his features absent mindedly until Woohyun asks, "Gwenchana?"

"Hmm? Oh, nthe. Mian hamnida," you laugh  "I was...out of it."

"Gwenchana. Just don't turn into Myungsoo on me now." 

"I won't," you smile. You reach over to the wall on your right and pull a napkin out of the napkin dispenser. You speak as you put one down for Woohyun and one for yourself. "So, L-ah...has he ever had a girlfriend?"

Woohyun straightens his back, suddenly interested. Does she like Myungsoo? No way... Woohyun realizes that you're waiting for a response. He takes a sip of his Dr. Pepper from his blue plastic cup and pretends to be nonchalant.

"Ah, Myungsoo...he's never had a girlfriend." Woohyun looks at you. He seems a little jumpy to you. He asks, "Wae? Why do you ask?"

"I was just curious. L-ah is quiet around girls. Unlike oppa." You nod at him and smile at Woohyun and he grins widely back. "Have you ever had a girlfriend?" Why did she ask me this! She seemed to like that L didn't have a girlfriend, but I've had five! But I'm not going to lie to ~~~-ah...Aish Woohyun! You're thinking too much on this! Woohyun manages to say, "I've had a few."

"Oh, chinja?"

"Mm. How about you?" The words are out and once they slip out, Woohyun realizes how thoughtless he was to potentially bring up Sunggyu. You bite your lips and then take a sip of your drink. Woohyun stammers, "Sorry, it just-"

"Gwenchana." You think about back to your first short relationship in technical school, then your relationship with Sunggyu.

"I've had two."

"Gurae? Ahh..." There is an awkward vibe between you two. Mostly given off from Woohyun and you try not to give into the vibe. After a few more minutes of silence, the manager brings out the pizza.

"Here's the Beef Over Flowers pizza. Please eat it well."

"Kamsahmnida," you and Woohyun say to him.

"We'll eat it well," Woohyun says. The manager beams and then walks away. "Jincha daebak. It looks so good," Woohyun says.

 

You nod your head in agreement. Then the two of you dig in, the awkward feeling gone with the presence of food on the table. The both of you are very hungry from playing soccer earlier. "Woohyun-oppa?" He looks up to you from his slice of pizza, still chewing. "Do you like it?" He gives you a thumbs up with a nod. "That's good. Could you tell me what guys look for in girls?" Woohyun wipes his mouth with a napkin and then looks at you. Why does she even have to ask? He starts describing you.

"I like girls who are pretty....and smart. They have to dress nice and know how to laugh. She doesn't need to be skinny, just able to take care of herself. I think she's attractive when she's respectful to everyone. She's good with kids and has a pretty smile. The age doesn't matter, just so long as she treats me like a dongsaeng. Oh, and she has to fall for my aegyo." He smiles at you. He's happy that he just described everything that he likes about you. However, you don't realize that.

"Woh! You have such high standards! How can somebody be all of those things?" Woohyun laughs at you thinking, She's so funny. She's already all of that and more.

"Good luck finding a girl like that oppa. Jincha." Woohyun smiles at you.

"It won't be too hard."

"Whatever you say Woohyun-oppa." You take a few bites of the pizza. Wow! It's really good! The sausage and beef combined tasted really good on the pizza. The sauce was phenomenal and was spread evenly with not too much and not too little.

Then Woohyun asks you, "Can you tell me what you look for in a guy ~~~-ah?" You look around the restaurant while thinking. How should I describe Sunggyu? He was perfect. The radio changes and a song comes on. The voice sounds familiar.

(in case you need a reminder of the song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhUlAdcJtuU)

"Oh yeah. I forgot that hyung's album comes out today. This is his title song," Woohyun says with his mouthful.

"Gurae?" you ask a bit dazed as you hone in on the music playing from the speakers above you. You miss hearing Sunggyu's voice. The song was so beautiful. As you listen to the song, Woohyun takes out his phone and you ask him why.

"Ah, I have to tweet a 'good job' on hyung's solo album."

"Alright."

As Woohyun is typing on his phone, you continue to listen to Sunggyu singing. He sounded good. And he was without you. Was that right? Putting it all together meant that Sunggyu sounded good without you. You frown as the second verse starts up. You don't notice that Woohyun is constantly giving you quick worried glances from his phone. You have been in a trance, remembering of how you had broken up with him and that you still miss Sunggyu.

Then Woohyun's phone goes off. That brings you back to reality. He answers it. "Yeobeosaeyo?" You hear another man on the line. "Gwenchana, I'm eating right now......I'm with someone....Ani, I'm with ~~~....Just tell hyung something....Gomowo hyung....Dongwoo-hyung you want me to bring you something?"

Dongwoo? "Annyeong Dongwoo-oppa!" you call out. Dongwoo hears you and he shouts back.

"Aish, jincha. I'm right here hyung," complains Woohyun.

"I wasn't saying hi to you Woohyun-ah. I was saying hi to ~~~-ah."

Woohyun hands you the phone so that Dongwoo can say hi. You put the phone to your ear and smile, "Anneong Dongwoo-oppa."

"~~~-ah, How are you? Is Woohyun being nice?"

"Geureum. What are you doing today?"

This conversation is going a bit longer than I thought it would...Woohyun thinks.

"I'm not doing anything. How about you?" Dongwoo says.

"I'm going to go to the sports center with Woohyun-oppa today." Your eyes light up and you set the phone downwards so the microphone doesn't pick up what you say to Woohyun. "Oppa, if Dongwoo-oppa comes to the sports center with us, gwenchana?"

Woohyun thinks it over a minute then nods his head and goes back to eating. "Dongwoo-oppa, do you want to join us? We're going to go and play tennis for a while."

"Geurae? Sure. I'll be over in thirty minutes," says Dongwoo.

"Nthe. Annyeong."

"Nthe."

You give the phone back to Woohyun. "Gomowoyo Woohyun-oppa. Won't it be fun with us three?"

I think it'd be more fun with just me and you. "Yeah, it'll be fun. Are you almost done?"

You finish up your slice and then wipe your mouth with a white napkin. "Mm-hm." Woohyun goes up and pays the manager.

"Ready to go?"

"Nthe oppa."

You get up and Woohyun, who is still standing, takes off your white and pink jacket off of the back of the chair. He holds it up so that you can put it on. You smile at his kind action. You feel slightly embarassed because you are definitely old enough to put your jacket on by yourself, but it makes your heart flutter slightly. He holds the shoulders of the coat and you place your left hand in first. Then you turn so your back is to Woohyun. You are highly aware that Woohyun is standing very closely to you. You also notice that Woohyun keeps his hands on your shoulders a second longer than necessary before he lets go.

You zip up your jacket and then you both head towards the exit. "Kamsahamnida, ahjusshi!" you say before you leave the restaurant. "Nthe, dashi dorawa!" he says back. Woohyun is outside in the mildly cold, early winter afternoon holding the glass door for you. The two of you walk on the sidewalk of Seoul, closer than earlier. You feel more comfortable with Woohyun. Warmer, happier, more at ease. Compared to earlier, there's a much warmer aura around you two.

"I'm so full," you say as you pat your stomach.

Woohyun laughs, "Waeyo? You only had three slices of a small pizza that we shared."

"Jincha? It feels like I ate the whole thing." You look at Woohyun and you laugh together. You love being with Woohyun. Him just being there made you feel so much better. Gosh, Woohyun has such a beautiful eye-smile.

She has an amazing smile and a beautiful laugh. Aish, Woohyun! You have to ask her about Sunggyu!

"What did you think of Sunggyu-hyung's new song."

Your shoulders sink a little, and you hope that your big jacket covers it. Why did he have to bring Sunggyu up? I don't want to talk about him. Not now when I'm so happy with Woohyun. "I liked it, it's really nice," you say as you look ahead while walking. Then you turn to face him as you say, "but I personally thought that you were going to debut before him." You smile and he smiles back.

"Ani, hyung wouldn't like that. But I'll probably have a solo on the next Infinite album."

"I can't wait," you say.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

After a few moments of silence, you get the sense that Woohyun is trying to tell you something, but doesn't know how to. You think about something to talk about, but then Woohyun blurts, "You know, Sunggyu-hyung misses you."

You stop walking. Closing your eyes, you sigh sadly, "Can we not talk about him now?"

"We just were." Woohyun says.

"About me and Sunggyu-oppa." You falter on the word 'oppa'.

"Wae?"

You look down at your boots and furrow your eyebrows in confusion and sorrow. Stuffing your hands into your warm pockets and biting your lips, you look up at the sky. You shake your hair to get it out of your face and then you turn to face Woohyun.

"Because I like you Woohyun-oppa."

You start walking again but Woohyun catches your left arm, bringing your hand out of your pocket. He holds your hand. You look down at your hands and then at Woohyun. "Mwoyo, oppa?"

Woohyun lets go and you return your hand to your pocket, but remain still. Woohyun looks down while fiddling his thumbs. Then he looks at you. Woohyun sighs, "Chongmal?"

"Geureum," you say half-angry, half-embarassed. Your eyes flit about while Woohyun can only look at you.

"This is a problem then," he says. Your eyes stop wandering and you look at him warily.

"Waeyo?"

Woohyun makes sure that he has eye contact with you and says, "Because I like you too."