Sunday Night

Feel so Bad

"Oppa, what do you want to eat?" you ask Dongwoo as you enter your apartment door. You guys have just got arrived from the sports center, taking a taxi. You slip off your tennis shoes and put your slippers on. Dongwoo keeps his socks on.

"We can have whatever ~~~-ah."

"Andwaeyo! Don't be like that. Jincha, what do you want to eat?" You walk down the hallway to go to your room and throw your gym bag on your bed. You enter the living room and see Dongwoo looking around your small apartment. He's looking at a few photos of you and your siblings on the wall. On the table in the corner by the couch, there is a lamp. Beside the lamp, there is a framed photo of you and Sunggyu. You hadn't forgotten it was there, it was just something that you couldn't throw away. You've had it since Valentine's Day, and you couldn't bear to part with it now that it was November. Dongwoo moves toward the picture and you silently stay hidden behind the corner of the wall, watching him.

Dongwoo touches the photo, angling it so that the glare from the lamp is off of the photo. He looks at the photo of you two smiling. She hasn't thrown this out yet? His fingers brush your face in the photo. Then he covers Sunggyu's face with his hand. This is messed up. Me liking hyung's ex. Jincha...but what if she had never met him? Hyung wouldn't be mopey at home and ~~~ would stop fake smiling. She might even like me more now....Aish, Dongwoo. What are you thinking? If they had never met, you probably would've never met this amazing girl.

Dongwoo sets the picture down and then looks around the rest of the living room. He goes towards the flat screen TV and sees your DVD and CD collections. You figure it's safe to come out now. You walk up behind him silently with your slippers on the wooden floor. "Oppa's album is on top!" Dongwoo jumps and you laugh.

After he recollects himself, Dongwoo looks at you, holding a few CD's. "Andwae! Don't do that!"

"Gwenchana?" you ask, stiffling laughter. You pluck the CD's out of his hands as he is looks at you dumbfoundly. You set them back on the shelf, with Infinitize on top. Then you head to the kitchen.

"~~~-ah."

"Nthe oppa," you respond while walking to the fridge. You open it and look at the food contents. you had a lot of vegetables. Maybe a stir-fry tonight?

"Did you know that me and Hoya are going to debut soon? As a sub-unit?"

"Gurae? How are preparations? Infinite H, right?"

"Good, we'll come out a little after a month from now. Since Sunggyu-hyung debuted today."

"Oh yeah, "Another Me"," you say. "Are you up for some stir-fry tonight?"

"Yes if there's meat."

"Geureumyo. It's not good without meat, but I do need to put in a lot of veggies since you're debuting soon."

"NOOOOOOO!" He keeps saying it as he comes over and hugs you tightly, pinning your arms to your sides.

"Waeyo?" you laugh as you turn your neck to look at him. While still hugging you, you guys walk a few steps backwards. She's so close to me, it should always be like this. Me holding her, laughing together... Dongwoo thinks. Squished, you manage to pat his muscular forearms and after a few seconds, he lets you go. You ask, "Wae geurae?"

"Manager-hyung's always making me and Hoya eat veggies. Chicken too! Especially now since we're debuting soon."

"He's right, you should eat vegetables, but we'll have beef in ours."

"Oh-Khe!" he says. You smile and then grab the vegetables out of the refrigerator. You go over and rinse them. Letting the greens dry in a colander, you turn on the stove and put some oil in it. Dongwoo watches you and then asks, "Do you want me to chop the vegetables?"

You turn away from the stove to him and smile, "Jebal?" You go to the knife drawer and pull out a large chopping knife with a cutting board. After setting them on the counter top, you bring the dry greens over. You hold Dongwoo's hand absentmindedly and show him how to slice the vegetables. Dongwoo smiles at your touch, but you don't notice, focused on the vegetables.

"Arasseo?" you ask. Dongwoo looks at you. Your hair is pulled back into a loose ponytail and you're still wearing your purple hoodie with leggings. She's really pretty today.

"Ah, nthe. Arasseo," he says a bit embarrassed, which you notice.

"Dongwoo-oppa. If you don't know how to cut vegetables for a stir-fry, gwenchanyo. It's okay," you smile, "Oh-Khe?" Dongwoo laughs his signature 'kyakyakya'. and nods his head in understanding. She noticed that I was embarrassed! Aish, of course I know how to chop vegetables. All those days with halmeoni.

"I used to cook with my grandma, but i haven't been able to lately," Dongwoo says.

"Well, that 's understandable, you being an idol now. You guys are hallyu stars now. Daebak," you say as you marinate the meat in a bowl. Dongwoo continues chopping.

"Are we? I think we're still trend-dols."

"Are you sure?"

"Aish, mollaseo. I don't know nowadays."

You pour the sliced meat in the pan and Dongwoo brings over the vegetables to pour in. While it's cooking, Dongwoo, after getting pointers from you, sets the table while you get the rice and kimchi. Finally the stir-fry is ready and the two of you sit down at the table to eat. It's really tasty.

When Dongwoo is done, he offers to do the dishes and you decide to help him. While he starts to wash the dishes, you pop in Infinite's album Over the Top, the repackaged album. You go over to rinse the dishes that he's washed as "Be Mine" comes on. "Make sure you rap at your part, oppa."

After rapping and singing with a few soap bubbles in the air, it's time for Dongwoo to leave. You walk him to the door, but Dongwoo stops in the living room. "~~~-ah," says Dongwoo as he turns to you. He seems concerned and unsure about something. You raise an eyebrow at him and smile.

"Yeah, oppa?"

"Can-can I tell you something?" he is looking at the ground now and he bites his lips.

"Geureumyo. Anything, oppa. Is something wrong?"

Dongwoo looks up at the ceiling. You're concerned now. Is he alright? "Aniyo, it's-it's not like that. It's..."

"Why don't we sit down, oppa," you say in a non-suggestive tone. You guys walk to the couch and sit beside each other. Dongwoo sits with his elbows on his knees. Then he runs his clutched fingers through his hair. Dongwoo shakes something off and then looks at you who is eager with concern about what he has to say. It's okay Dongwoo. Just tell her. Dongwoo smiles at you and you are a bit confused. You and Dongwoo speak at the same time.

"~~~-ah-"

"Oppa-"

"You first," says Dongwoo.

"I just want to make sure you're okay." Dongwoo hunches back down and puts a hand rubbing his chin. Then he look back at you and nods.

"I'm good. I'm really good. Koktchongmayo." You smile nervously at him and nod your head slowly. Dongwoo continues, "~~~-ah, what I wanted to tell you is that...jincha...noreul joahe. I really like you."

You freeze in your position and a flood of thoughts run through your mind. You hadn't been expecting this and you don't know how to respond. You remember how it felt to confess to Woohyun. If Woohyun had turned you down...you would've felt terrible. Now Dongwoo would have to feel that way. But you don't want to hurt Dongwoo. He was one of your best friends. You bite your lips and decide it's time to say something. You sigh and then say, "Oppa...You've always been there for me, and I don't want to let you down...mianhe. Jincha mianhe. You're my oppa, geureum noreul joahe, but...not in the same way."

Dongwoo nods his head and turns away from you and looks down. After a moment of silence, Dongwoo turns and asks embarassedly, "Can I ask why?" You decide you owe it to him. You think about it and then respond.

"Something must be wrong with me because oppa is perfect" you laugh, "You're one of the few nice guys that I know and I like our relationship and I don't want it to change. You're so good to me, oppa. And, I'm hoping you'll still accept me like you always have.....as a chinggu." It's like looking at Dongwoo through a glass wall. You want to hug him so bad, to give him some comfort and to show that he's not alone, but you can't. You can't torture him with any affection from you. Dongwoo keeps looking at you. He reaches over and wipes a tear from your face. You hadn't realized that you had been crying.

"Waeyo ~~~-ah? Uljimayo. Don't cry. Oppa's here," he pulls you into a hug and despite your insistence from before, you give in. You let out out a loud sob. How could Dongwoo be so kind to you when you had just rejected him?

"If you don't return my feelings, gwenchana..." you hear him say behind you. Both his arms surround your shoulders and you both stay there like that, not knowing what thoughts are running through the others' head. You feel Dongwoo turn his head and then kiss your forehead ever so lightly. It's not a romantic kiss and Dongwoo knows it as well. Then Dongwoo returns to holding you while you feel another round of tears coming. You feel so bad that you can't return Dongwoo's feelings.

Dongwoo, being the bold one, then asks, "Do you like someone ~~~-ah?"

You freeze again at something that Dongwoo has said to you. You think of what to tell him. You dont want to lie to him, but how can you tell Dongwoo that you like Woohyun, but that you are still crazy about Sunggyu? When he hears no response, Dongwoo nods his head to himself knowingly. "I hope everything works out for you ~~~-ah," he sighs. The way he says it sounds like he's talking about Sunggyu and you.

I hope so too...You nod your head into Dongwoo's shoulder and then sigh. You pull away and so does Dongwoo, reluctantly. He stands up. "You going to be okay if I leave?"

You smile and nod, to him and yourself. You stand up to walk him to the door. "Gomowo oppa."

Dongwoo looks to the side and smiles to himself at the word 'oppa'. Oppa....I guess that's what I'll be to her. Dongwoo puts his tennis shoes on and you put a hand on the door. Dongwoo grabs his gym bag and then he heads out. "Annyeong, oppa. Go home safely."

He turns back to you, "I will. Good night ~~~-ah. Kalke." You watch him leave and then you close the door. You really hope that things won't be awkward this week. Especially since you start your first dance lesson this week with Dongwoo.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anneong daebak reader! First of all, Jincha kamsahmnida!!! Thank you SO very much for reading! I know it's been a while since my last chapter, right? Thanks for staying with me and commenting! You are just daebak. XD I just wanted to let you know that I have a couple of One-Shots in my blog. Currently, I have one featuring Hoya and another one with SungKyu , BUT I'm working on a super good one with Woohyun and also another Woohun one. X} Maybe one with Sungyeol in the some-what near future? Lol! Well, I just wanted to let you guys know. XD If you've already check them out, then...Thanks a Bunch! XD

For what's coming up in Feel So Bad!!!! For the courtesy of those who don't like spoilers/sneak peaks, I won't be posting it here. It will be in my blog too. Just go to my profile and click on "blogs".

(If you couldn't tell, I'm trying to make use of my blog!!!)

Also, if you're looking for some other good fanfics, I reccommend looking through my subscriptions. I think they're pretty good. XD

So a sum-up!!!! I have some lovely one-shots for you to read in my blog if you're interested AND if you're looking for other fanfics, check out my subscriptions. I'll post what's coming up in Feel So Bad in my blog as well. Thanks so much! I'll keep writing! XD