Friday Night

Feel so Bad

The food on the table has gone cold and you and In Jae are eating bowls of ice cream by the time Infinite is on TV. You both have vanilla with chocolate syrup drizzled on top. Infinite starts dancing intensely to "The Chaser", their eyes beautifully serious. They are all wearing blue and white clothing.

You see someone with bright red hair. Omo...is that Sunggyu? For some reason, you had forgotten that Sunggyu was going to be there and was watching the show for Dongwoo and then Woohyun. Now you can't draw yourself away from Sunggyu's hair and face. He looks so handsome...and y. You purse your lips at your thoughts. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Don't think that ~~~-ah. Not happening.

Then the camera goes to a close up of Sungyeol. You smile at him and remember that you saw him this past week with running shorts on. Now he looked all grown up and charismatic. They all did. Then Sunggyu's part comes up. "Mianhe ma.". You stare at him. In Jae casts a sideways glance at you to check on you. You don't pay attention to her.

L starts singing and you say, "Omo, I haven't seen L-sshi in so long! I miss him." In Jae sees that you're okay and then returns to watching the performance. When Sungjong comes on, you smile.You miss the maknae, you haven't seen him in a while and you loved how Sungjong could tolerate Sunggyu's nagging. Hoya came on. He used to nag at you and Sunggyu whenever you guys were at the dorm, but it was always out of fun.

At the chorus, the camera zooms out to see everyone dance in synchronization. Then it goes to Sunggyu and you watch his face in curious wonder. Does he miss you? Is he better off now? The corner of your lips tuggs downwards slightly and then Dongwoo came on screen.

He looks very confident and gave off an "I like being me" look. You think about it and decide that Dongwoo always radiates that feel. His confidence was contagious. Seungyeol sings his Ugyiha Diyorocha and then Woohyun, who's voice you had always loved, sings with the camera focused on him. He was in a loose jacket with an extremely low button and nothing on his torso. You couldn't help but look at his amazing chest.

"Woohyun-oppa's body...Jincha...so Daebak," said In Jae. You nod in agreement, but remain silent as Sunggyu sang his long solo. You let out a breath you hadn't known you had held and then smile to yourself. Sunggyu's voice...it was incredible.

Sungjong came to take the front of the stage as you set your now empty bowl of ice cream on the coffee table. You replace the bowl with a pillow on the couch and stuff it in between your pulled up knees and face. Hoya starts rapping and you remember that when you had gone over to their dorm one time, Hoya had teased Sunggyu that he had better hold on to you so that you wouldn't fall for Woohyun and his aegyo. Sunggyu had gotten angry, but held it in since you were beside him holding his arm.

Hoya said he was kidding and Woohyun started laughing and throwing hearts at you. You had rubbed Sunggyu's shoulder in comfort and told him that you liked Sunggyu-oppa better than Woohyun-sshi. He was happy after that and the matter was forgotten as Sungjong and L brought out lemon flavored ice cream.

With your face immersed in the pillow watching Sunggyu sing again, you smell something familiar. You press the pillow closer to your nose and recognize the scent. It's Sunggyu's cologne scent rubbed into the pillow from when he would sleep at your apartment on the couch. He always used this pillow because the other throw pillows were circular while this one was rectangular.

The cologne smelled sweet and spicy with a sunset musk to it. You breathe into the pillow and smile. Then Woohyun's big solo with a key change comes on to the TV. Your jaw drops. His voice is so amazing to be able to reach the high notes. The camera goes back to viewing each memebr briefly. When it gets to Dongwoo, he winks at the camera and put his hand in a quick signature, "oh-khe" sign.

Did you see that right? What was it for? You smile puzzled and when the song is over, the camera is back to the screen with all of them. Infinite claps their hands and the song ends with the audience going wild as the stage darkens.

You go over to grab your phone to text Dongwoo and Woohyun to congratulate them on their performance. Then you see Woohyun's text message from before.

Wooyhun:  Sorry I had to leave so soon. It was fun today, but you should know that I don't plan on starting any scandals sooon. ^^ I'll probably get membership to the sports center soon, so see you later for sure ~~~!

You: "Mianhe ma.." ^^ Good job on your performance, I watched every second of it! I had fun today too. Can't wait to see you at the sports center! Annyeong!!!

You see the next text is from Dongwoo:

Dongwoo: Yeah, we will be performing "the Chaser". Do you like that song? I'll try to send a sign to you through the cameras during the performance tonight. I hope you see it!

You smile and laugh. In Jae looks away from the TV during the commercial and asks, "Wae?"

You hold up your phone, "Did you see Dongwoo do this?" You hold up your hand and connect your pointer finger and thumb together while the other fingers are extended. In Jae looks at your fingers and the text and puts two and two together.

"Omo! Was that for you? Awww! Jincha...That's so cool."

You nod at her smiling. She asks with her soft voice, "Are you and Dongwoo-sshi still close? I know you were especially close with him and Woohyun-sshi when you and Sunggyu were still dating."

In Jae knows she's touched a slightly raw subject, but she wants to know how healed you are over the break up. You try not to show that you are a little phased and answer back, "Mmm. Dongwoo-oppa and Woohyun-oppa are still pretty close to me."

"Oppa?" You grin even wider, and nod again. Her cute pink lips form a little 'O' and she exclaims, "Woh! Jincha...those Infinite boys really know how to treat a girl. How about L-sshi? You think you could give me his number?"

"In Jae-ah! What about Seunghoon-sshi?"

"Oh! Pabo!" she slightly pounds her forehead, "I forgot!"

"What would you do without your unnie?" you ask her as you take her dirty dishes to the sink.

"Oh! I can't even think about what I would do without you, ~~~-ah!"

You come back from the kitchen and pick up your dishes as she sits on the couch still. When the coffee table is clean, In Jae looks at you with her pretty eyes. After a pause, In Jae asks, "~~~-ah, Chongmal? Do you really consider yourself as my unnie?"

You look at In Jae. She had loving parents, but was an only child who was born extremely weak. Seeing her, her parents didn't have anymore children. She didn't have any dongsaengs, unnies or oppas. In Jae had told you that she thought it was her fault that they couldn't have anymore children, but you didn't believe it.

You tell her, "Geureum...I don't have a yeodongsaeng. I only have a dongsaeng who's still in high school and an unnie who lives in Hongdae who's married. It's nice being an unnie, even though we're a little over a year's difference in age."

In Jae smiles warmly to herself. "Gomowo, ~~~-ah."

"It's nothing," you say. The K-Pop show case finishes up and when it's over, you walk In Jae to the door.

"Annyeong ~~~-ah. See you Monday at work!"

"Mmm. Annyeong In Jae-ah."

In Jae waves with her knitted mittens on her hands. "Kalke!" Then she skips out the door of the apartment building and you see her hail a taxi from your window. After she gets in, you go back to the couch and switch the TV off with the remote.

Your phone vibrates. You hope it's from Woohyun or Dongwoo. When you click your Samsung Galaxy S III on, you see it's your sister, Chaemin. She is six years older than you and married an American man three years ago. They had met in college and her American name had been 'Jaimie'. They had a healthy baby boy, named Daeri, about a year ago and you are the babysitter every other Saturday.

You don't mind watching him, in fact, you love being his aunt. Sunggyu would sometimes come over and spend the day with you and Daeri when he wasn't busy with his schedules. You remember when Sunggyu didn't come over to babysit with you...

 

 

It had been an hour since Chaemin and Tony had dropped off Daeri. He had been asleep since then and you figured it was because he was only four months old at the time. Sunggyu had texted you saying that he wouldn't be able to babysit this weekend with you because Infinite was recording for their "Infinitize" album. While Daeri was still sleeping, you made sure you had his diaper bag (which had bottles of milk, diapers, blankets, a baby carrier) and set it beside the sleeping Daeri in his mobile carseat.

You put on your light winter jacket since it was a nice December day outside. You slung the diaper bag on to your left shoulder and held Daeri in the carseat with your right arm. Thank goodness it wasn't too heavy for you.

After reaching Woolim Entertainment with little difficulty, you stopped at the main desk. You've gotten to know the desk lady and she knew that you and Sunggyu were close. Daeri had been awake for a few minutes now, so he's been quiet. You asked her where Sunggyu is and she told you that he was in the 3rd recording studio with Infinite.

"Kamsahamnida," you reply.

On the way there, you run into Hoya who had just finished talking with a choreographer. "Hoya-sshi. Annyeonghasaeyo."

"Oh, ~~~-ah. It's been a while. We miss you at the dorm."

"I'm sure you miss me the most, right?"

"Of course," he says back. He sees that you have a diaper bag and a baby. Hoya raises an eyebrow. "Who's this?"

"This is Daeri, my nephew. I'm watching him today and we wanted to see Sunggyu-oppa today."

He reached for the diaper bag indicating that he wanted to help you wth the load. "Kamsahamnida, Hoya-sshi."

You both walked together and then you saw a bench against the wall outside of a closed room. "Is that the recording studio you guys are in?"

"Nthe."

"Alright then. You can go in Hoya-sshi. I'll come in in a sec."

"Gwenchana. I can wait. I'm sure they aren't missing me yet," Hoya smiled at you. "So do you want me to grab anything?" he asked as you unbuckled Daeri from the carseat.

"Actually, yeah. There's a baby carrier in the diaper bag. You know, the one where you can strap the baby to your front?"

"This one?" Hoya held it up and you said yes. Hoya held Daeri as you took off your coat and strapped the carrier around you. Daeri touched Hoya's cheek and nose causing Hoya to laugh at the baby. The baby was smiling by the time he was in the carrier.

"Kamsahamnida Hoya-sshi. Can I ask you another favor?"

"You never asked for one in the first place, but yeah."

"Don't tell Sunggyu-oppa. He doesn't know I'm here."

"Arasseo," then Hoya went into the recording room. You fed Daeri a bottle so that he wouldn't cry in the recording room. After Daeri was finished and happy, you went into the recording room. You went and stood next to the door to the soundproof room. The music manager glanced over and recognized you.

"Annyeonghasaeyo," you whispered and bowed your head slightly since you had a baby in your front.There wasn't a need to whisper, but being in a recording room pulled the instinict. Even Daeri, who had been gurgling earlier was quiet. You watched Infinite sing a song and saw the title on the music manager's computer screen. "In the Summer."

At Sunggyu's first solo line in the song, Daeri had tapped on the window on the door causing Sunggyu to look over. When he saw you, you gave a small wave back to him.Sunggyu continued to sing the chorus with Infinite.

After the first chorus, the music manager told them to take a break and to read over the lines more properly. Infinite came out of the room and Sunggyu came straight towards you. You backed way to make room for the door to open outwards and sat on a nearby swivel chair.

When Sunggyu headed towards you, you reached Daeri's chubby hand and waved at Sunggyu. "Daeri wanted to come and see his hyung today," you say.

Sunggyu bends down to give an eye smile to Daeri and rub the baby's cheek. "So Daeri missed me huh?" Sunggyu looked up at you, "How about my girlfriend?"

"She missed you a lot," you said while using Daeri as a puppet. Sunggyu smiled at you and got up to stand behind you. He placed his hands on your shoulders and you smiled up at him.

"Yah, Woohyun-hyung, this beats your aegyo by far," said L who had come over by you guys (he kept his distance though). Woohyun went to go crouch down in front of you and Daeri to play with the baby.

Woohyun pulls back and looks at the three of you together, "I couldn't compete with these guys." Then you felt Sunggyu squeeze your left shoulder a bit. You looked up and he bent down for a kiss. You heard a few "woh's" and "ooh's" from Infinite and then the baby snored. You pulled away from the kiss and looked at little Daeri. Just moments ago, he was kicking around with excitement. It must have exhausted him.

"We gotta go, Sunggyu-oppa."

"Arasseo. I'll walk you two outside ~~~-ah," Sunggyu took your hand and you slowly got up so you wouldn't disturb the baby.

"Remember hyung, there's a baby with you guys! Don't do anything!" called out Sungjong.

"Arasseo Sungjongie-ah!" you replied back. Sunggyu didn't even look back at them. He only had eyes for you and Daeri...

 

 

Sunggyu isn't here anymore though and you go to your room to change into a set of pajamas. You will have to babysit Daeri like normal now. You turn off your light and tuck yourself into bed. As you start to doze off, you hope that Chaemin won't ask about Sunggyu tomorrow.