Late Wednesday Night (2)

Feel so Bad

In the cold night, you furrow your eyebrows in remorse and watch Sunggyu breathing.  You can tell that he knows that you are done kissing him for the night, but beyond that, you have no idea what's running though his mind.

After the beautiful and passionate kiss, your lips are numb with guilt and confusion. How could you do this?

You shiver and Sunggyu offers you his leather aviator's jacket. You can't say anything to him after what the two of you just did. Sunggyu places the jacket gently on your shoulders and you put your arms through the sleeves for warmth. You're somewhat cold, but what's really disturbing you is the fact that, during the kiss, you enjoyed yourself. Very much in fact.

A taxi drives by and Sunggyu hails it. You're still in silence and you can only watch as Sunggyu leans into the passenger window and tells the driver your address. As Sunggyu hands the driver some money, you slowly crouch down to pick up your purse on the ground. You stand back up and see that Sunggyu has opened the door for you. you walk towards him and nod your head quickly in awkward thanks before you get in the car.

You can feel his gaze on you, but he doesn't say anything either. You sit down on the cushioned seat and look up at Sunggyu, who's outside. He checks your feet and then closes the door gently. He holds your gaze once more, but then lets it go.

There's no "good-bye" or apology and you realize that you have nothing to say to him as well. The driver pulls away and you sit in the taxi never looking back as you contemplate your situation.

 

When you get home to your apartment, you kick off your heels and leave them in the doorway as you use your back to shut the front door. You drop your purse on to the table and trudge to your room. You pass your vanity mirror and stop walking.

Looking at your reflection, you think:

You had finally done what you had wanted to do for so long. You had missed touching and talking to Sunggyu. His kiss had been amazing and you had loved every second of it. His personality, before you had mentioned Woohyun, had been so friendly. Just like himself.

But there was Woohyun to bring into the picture. You decide to not think of him now. You lay Sunggyu's jacket on your bed gently and choose to tear off your dress and slip into pajamas pants and a long sleeve since it was a cold night.

You don't take a shower or wash off your make-up. You could do that in the morning since it was already 1:00 a.m.

You walk to the bed and lay down. You sit upright and lean forward to reach for the article of clothing at the foot of the bed. You hold it in your hands and smoothen the white fleece. You close your eyes as you sigh.

What you did tonight is something that you can't go back from, ~~~ you think. You cry as you hug Sunggyu's jacket and you slowly drift to sleep.

 

 

 

 

(Infinite)

Sunggyu opened the door to the apartment with his key and went inside. Everyone was sleeping since it was 1:30 a.m. He quietly walked to the room that he shared with Woohyun. He was about to turn the doorknob, but then took his hand back.

Nam Woohyun, why'd you have to get into this? Sunggyu thought as he glared at the wall with his strained eyes. Sunggyu turned around and decided to sleep in the living room on the couch that night.

As he settled on to the couch, he heard someone open a door. Sunggyu's eyes widened and then he turned around so his face was into the sofa.

Someone the kitchen light and Sunggyu heard the sink water on. He heard a man gulp down some water and then a phone vibrate. The person in the kitchen rustles around and answers the phone.

Sunggyu can hear a woman's voice on the other end. What woman was calling one of s at such a late hour? Did one of the members have a girlfriend???

The light flickered off, but then was switched back on.

Dang it, thought Sunggyu.

He hears footsteps towards him and then he saw a long shadow cast over his body.

"Hyung?"

Sunggyu frowns and groans in silence. "What do you want?" Sunggyu asks sharply while staring at the couch.

Sungyeol immediately backs off. "Ah...um..just wanted to make sure it was you."

Sunggyu turns to and says, "Well, it's me. Who was that on the phone?"

Sungyeol stands innocently next to the front of the couch, "Hmm? Oh, that was nobody."

Sunggyu shifts completely on his other side to face Sungyeol. He squints at Sungyeol and Sungyeol begins to squirm. Sungyeol hates when his leader does that. Sunggyu asks with a raised eyebrows, "Yeoja chinggu? Your girlfriend?"

Sungyeol's eyes widen and he immediately defends himself, "Aniyo!!! Eomma! It was my mom!"

As Sunggyu looks at Sungyeol' phone screen and list of recent calls, he silently thanks his lucky stars that Sungyeol doesn't have a girlfriend. One less member's reputation to worry about. Without showing his relief, Sunggyu says, "No need to be so loud. I'm right here. You're going to wake everyone up. Go back to sleep."

Sungyeol says with a pout, "You're not my mom."

Sunggyu's eyebrows shoot up and his eyes widen. "Go to sleep!"

Sungyeol immediately leaves the living room and heads back to his room that he shares. Sunggyu puts his arms behind his head and leans back on the couch for a few minutes deep in thought about you.

He closes his eyes, but then remembers that Sungyeol didn't turn off the kitchen light. Sunggyu groans and gets up to turn it off.

As he goes up to turn the light off, he hears a bedroom door open. Sunggyu calls lowly, "Sungyeol-ah, go to-"

Sunggyu stops as he sees who's squinting at the bright light from the kitchen. In his hoodie and sweatpants, it's Woohyun. Sungyu's mind immediately flares to anger, but he manages to knock some sense into himself, remembering that Woohyun doesn't know what happened tonight.

"Oh, hyung. You're here. How was the birthday party for your cousin?"

Sunggyu turns his head so he doesn't have to look at Woohyun. He pretends to fiddle with the light switch as he says, "It was fun." He turns to Woohyun, "So why are you up?"

Woohyun notices that something is amiss with Sunggyu, but he's tired and doesn't think too much of it. Woohyun rubs his eyes and yawns, "I saw the kitchen light on and was coming to turn it off, but if you've got it," Woohyun turns around to return to the bedroom, "I'll go back to bed now."

Sunggyu's gaze follows Woohyun with a hint of disgust, but he doesn't say anything. "Night, hyung. See you when you come in," says Woohyun.

"Actually, I'll sleep on the couch tonight. Night," Sunggyu says.

Woohyun slowly turns back to look at Sunggyu as if he misheard something. He wrinkles his eyebrows in sleepy confusion at his hyung, but then disregards it and goes into the bedroom.

Sunggyu hears the door click shut and then he flips off the kitchen light. He takes his Samsung Note and turns it on to provide light for his way to the couch.

He lies down on the couch and looks up at the ceiling in darkness. There is a slight chill in the pre-winter air causing Sunggyu to shiver, but he ignores it and his last thought is of how his best friend and his ex-girlfriend are now together.

~~~-ah. I miss you and I'm sorry. Sunggyu looks at the door to his bedroom. At least you had the decency to tell me...