Thursday Afternoon

Feel so Bad

You look at the phone move slightly as the phone vibrates while ringing on the table. The screen lights up with the characters 'Woohyun' and a picture of him giving an eye-smile and a heart.

Normally, you would've smiled seeing his face, but now your face is blank and you don't know what to do. The phone continues to ring and you inhale to see if you can breathe without a stutter of a sob. You find that you can and you swallow as you pick up your phone and press the green "answer" button.

Before you can say anything, you hear a handsome, deep voice say playfully, "Hey! Eodiya? Where are you?"

Your purse your lips as you listen to Woohyun and your face falls into a guilty look. "I'm at home. Where are you?"

You can't help but give a small smile as he chuckles, "Ha ha, guess where I am?"

"You're at the practice room."

"Ani. Try again."

You think about it, "You're at the dorm."

"Aniyo," he chuckles, "I'm at your fitness center!"

Your smile gets wider as you ask, "Waeyo? Why are you there?"

"I was going to work out and wanted to see you today!"

"Oh, mianhe. Sorry. I'm not working today."

"Jincha? I asked one of the guys here and he said that you were coming around 1:00."

"Ah, yeah. I was supposed to come in today, but I'm not feeling well so I told the office I wasn't coming."

Woohyun's voice turns to worry and he asks, "Appayo? Are you sick?"

You think about it. Maybe you're lovesick, but you probably aren't. You say slowly with a sigh, "Mmmm....nthe. I'm sick today."

It wasn't a complete lie. You did have a headache. Woohyun speaks again on the phone, "I'm coming over right now."

Your eyes widen in alarm. "Mwoyo? What? No, it's alright. You just go excersise-"

"Ani! I already called a taxi cab."

You hear him give your address to someone and you figure it's the driver. "Aish, oppa jincha... Hajima... Don't come over."

Woohyun chuckles again and says, "Wah...Your aegyo is cute! Oppa will be over in a little bit. I'm hanging up now!"

You sigh as the phone clicks off and sit still in your chair. Then you remember that the sport center isn't very far away. He'll be here in less than twenty minutes.

You shove some food in your mouth and then rush your dishes to the sink. Then you run down the short hallway to go to your room. This is the fastest you've moved all morning, and you aren't going to lie, it's an extreme pain to move quickly when your mind just wants to sit down and cry.

You quickly check your clothing. You whip off your shorts and throw on some dark blue skinny jeans. You don't want to change your tank top since it's cute, but you can't just wear a spaghetti strap tank top around Woohyun either. You jerk on a sweater and immediately realize that you were cold and had just ignored it earlier since you had been thinking about your worries with Sunggyu.

The warmth is nice and then you rush to the bathroom to check your face for tear streaks and puffy eyes. You snatch a face rag and soak it in freezing cold water to reduce some of the puffiness from crying and sleeping and to make yourself look more awake.

Then you hear the doorbell ring. You panic, He's here already?!?!?

You check your appearance once again, still not satisfied with a make-up-less face, but then run over to the door.

While walking over to the door, you holler, "Coming!" as you tie up your hair in a loose ponytail. It was far better up than down.

You open the door and a gust of cold early winter wind hits you. Despite the cold, Woohyun says, "Annyeong ~~~-ah."

"Annyeong oppa. Ppaili wa. Come in quickly. It's cold outside."

"It's not much different in here," Woohyun smiles as he steps in.

"Mianhe," you say while he takes off his tennis shoes. "I can take your bag," you say indicating his bag of workout clothes.

"Ah, thanks. You mind if I use your restroom?," Woohyun says after he hangs his coat in the welcoming closet.

You walk over to the couch and sit down with the bag next to you. "Go ahead," you respond. You sit and wait anxiously in your living room as Woohyun walks into the hallway.

After using the bathroom, Woohyun opens the bathroom door and sees your bedroom across the hallway. He sees an aviator's jacket laying on your bed. Woohyun peeks at the living room to make sure you can't see him. Then he takes a few silent steps towards your room.

He frowns. This is definitely Sunggyu's jacket. Woohyun looks at the ceiling as he tries to remember why that jacket is important. It could very possibly be one of Sunggyu's jackets that he left at your house since you used to date Sunggyu.

But then Woohyun remembers complimenting Sunggyu yesterday before he had gone to the party.

Sunggyu had been wearing the exact jacket that was on your bed.

Woohyun tries to recall if Sunggyu came home with a jacket, but he can't remember since Sunggyu came home really late last night. What is Sunggyu's jacket doing here?

Woohyun comes out of the hallway and makes his way towards you and the couch.

You sit embarassedly. Woohyun can feel your discomfort. He scrunches his eyebrows slightly and asks, "Gwenchana?"

You nod your head and put a loose strand of hair behind your ear, "It's just that you came over so fast that I didn't have time to put make-up on. You probably have some on and I just can't tell."

Woohyun sits down next to his bag, between you and him, and says, "Aniyo! What you're looking at is the one-hundred percent natural face of the handsome Nam Woohyun," he sticks his face towards you, "Touch it, I'm not lying."

You laugh at his sillyness and gently pinch his cheek. "Wah, oppa has good skin even though he wears make-up a lot." Woohyun doesn't deny this and smiles. You continue, "Isn't oppa busy today? Don't you have any schedules?"

Woohyun leans down to scratch his sock and says, "Today's my exercise day."

You frown and relax your shoulders, "You should've stayed at the sports center."

"Aniyo," he says as he leans back into the couch, "I wanted to see you today."

"Waeyo?"

Woohyun gives you a greasy eye-smile and shoots back, "Can't I just want to see you?"

"I guess," you say with a shy smile. You ask, "Did something happen?" you ask while tilting your head in concern.

Woohyun lays his head back and looks at the ceiling. It's as if you're not there to him. You figure that something must've happened to Woohyun. He opens his mouth as if to say something, but thinks better of it and sighs.

Then he says with a sigh, "Aniyo, nothing happened." You nod your head and then look away from him with your lips pursed. If Woohyun didn't want to talk about it with you, you wonder how bad it is.

It all magically clicked for Woohyun. He remembers Sunggyu being upset last night after his cousin's birthday party. With his head leaning on the couch, Woohyun turns to look at you.

Even though you're trying to cover it up, Woohyun can tell that you're upset about something. You had even skipped work due to a "sick" day. You don't look sick to Woohyun. He realizes that you had also gone to a party last night. Sunggyu-hyung and ~~~-ah must've met up last night and now they're both upset, Woohyun realizes. I have to help her not miss hyung too much. But they were really in love...can't she love me the same way? Maybe I should-

You turn back to Woohyun.

He's looking at you wierdly.

You smile. "Mwoya?"

"You're not really sick, are you?" he asks with the side of his head laying on the sofa while facing you. You notice how close Woohyun is to you. On the couch, it's you, the bag turned the narrowest way, and then Woohyun. You were maybe 20 centimeters away from each other.

He could probably tell you weren't sick because you were so close to him. Also, there was no sign of congestion of sneezing either. You bite your lips. You are caught. You say, "Not really. Why do you ask?" you say as you lean your head on the couch to face Woohyun. He's smiling softly at you.

"Because-" Woohyun leans over the bag and closes the space between the two of you as he kisses you gently on the lips.

Your eyes widen in surprise, and then, in a second's time, you see how beautiful and peaceful Woohyun looks with his eyes closed. Your eyes slowly close as Woohyun puts a hand on your lower jaw to bring you a bit closer. His lips are soft and sweet you feel a tremor of butterflies in your stomach as you gently kiss him back.

Woohyun breaks the gentle kiss first and smiles at you. He never breaks eye-contact with you as he says,"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that."

Your eyebrows are slightly raised as he continues, "When I first met you, it was when hyung introduced you to all of us members last summer.

"I thought that you were so beautiful," Woohyun looks at you to see if you're okay with him talking about Sunggyu. It hurts a little bit to hear Sunggyu's name, but this story of Woohyun seems more important than your past memories with Sunggyu. Woohyun continues.

"But you were with hyung so I knew I had to back off. It was difficult at first. Like those times when I would see you waiting in the living room for hyung to get ready. Even if you were dating hyung, I still wanted to talk to you.

"The little things that we talked about, like where you guys were going on your date, what you were up to lately, I would love talking to you because you spoke so highly about hyung. I could tell that you really liked him. The way you smiled when he came out of the room, telling you he was ready; the way you guys said good-bye to each other; the way he always spoke about you, it really made me realize what a wonderful person you are ~~~-ah."

You look at Woohyun and can see his complete sincereness. Woohyun could be a very good liar, but you know he's telling the total truth to you.

Moving the duffel bag aside, you scoot closer to Woohyun. He moves towards you as well and puts an arm around you as you lean on to his shoulder. You reach for his other hand and hold it gently.

He clutches your hand and entertwines your fingers. You notice his hand is abour your size. You can't help but remember that Sunggyu's hand had been bigger.

Woohyun clears his throat and says, "Wah, I can't believe I just told you that."

You look at Woohyun and notice his beautiful jawline. "I'm glad you told me. Gomawo."

Woohyun looks down at you. Have I done enough? Has she stopped hurting? He wants to kiss you again and again. Over and over. He wanted to tell you that everything would be alright as long as he was here with you. He wants to make you happy. He wants you to learn to like him in a mutual way.

But he holds you in his arms, caressing your hair gently because he thinks he can wait for you.

Woohyun looks at you and brings you closer to him. The two of you sit together in silence. He smells of a clean spring cactus with dew. You feel him touch your hair and you feel so safe. However, your heart aches a little, missing something, but you don't know what.

 

After a bit of talking, Woohyun has to leave for the Colors of K-Pop practice. You walk him to the door, "What's your group called again?"

"Dramatic Blue," Woohyun says with a smile.

You laugh and Woohyun smiles even wider hearing it. You take his coat out of the closet and hold it so he can get into it.

"Wah, my girlfriend is so classy. She knows how to do all this stuff," Woohyun watches for your reaction.

You are a bit shocked, but smile shyly at Woohyun. "Gwenchana? Are you okay?"

There's a double meaning to his question.

1) If you are okay since you're smiling shyly and

2) If it's okay for you to be his girlfriend.

You nod your head and say, "Nthe, oppa. gwenchana."

Woohyun smiles and says teasingly as he opens the door, "Don't tell anyone what we talked about today, arasseo?"

You smile again and nod your head. "Gomawo," he says. He leans in quick for a little kiss and you embarassedly shrug your shoulders. "Aigoo...kyopta. You're so cute. Kalke! I'll leave now! Annyeong!" He waves and steps out the door.

"Annyeong oppa!" you reply a little late because you were still in a bit of an aftershock of his surprise kiss. He walks backwards and shoots you a little heart before disappearing down the stairs. (you live on the second floor)

Your smile slowly falls as you shut the door and lock it. With your back to the door, you sigh. I really am with Woohyun-oppa now. It would be hard to get over Sunggyu, but even if things are different, maybe you could learn to love Woohyun too.