Friday Early Afternoon

Feel so Bad

You leave the staff lounge. Yesterday you had your second lunch with Dongwoo, so today you ate your lunch that you packed. As you fix your ponytail, you smile at yourself remembering that Dongwoo had managed to convince you to join the dance session. Since you were an employee, you got two days of free access to the sports center a week. He had been so excited about you joining that he had spilled his soda. Typical Dongwoo.

After checking your appearance, you go to the supply room to find a stack of towels. The room is about the size of a large closet and the walls are painted a soft yellow and has many white shelves filled with anti-bacterial spray, cleaning solutions, towels, aprons, slippers, toilet plungers, rags, and more supplies for the sports center. You head over towards the towels. You grab a large stack of white facial towels off of the shelf and a trash bag that you will be using to empty out the hampers in the workout rooms. With your hands full, you flip the light switch off with your elbow.

 When you arrive at the weight-lifting room, you put the stack of fresh towels on top of the small pile remaining. The towels are on a shelf with a handful of small water bottles, tissues, heat packs, ice packs, and a few other things for the customers. You grab the tall and narrow hamper on the ground that has the used towels full of sweat. As you empty the hamper into your trash bag to bring to wash, you can't help but notice that it doesn't smell too bad. You look down and realize that there are only a few towels. At the most, there are probably only six. You look around and see that there aren't many people working out today. It's a Friday afternoon, so it makes sense that there aren't many people here today.

You see a woman running on the treadmill with her hair pulled back. The tips of her hair are an orange-blonde color and is bouncing along with her neon green earbud strings. In the back, there is a man doing some bicep reps. He isn't too muscular. There is someone lying down on his back and lifting weights. Even from his side while he's laying down he seems familiar...then you realize who it is. You grab a towel off the supply shelf that you had just restocked and head over to the man benching. He doesn't see you coming.

"Hey oppa!"

He opens his eyes from squeezing shut with effort and he almost drops the bar when he sees you.  On instinct, you drop the towel, which lands flat on his face, so that you can help him lift it back up. You hear him laugh beneath the cloth and you smile back, however it's difficult because he has been benching with forty pounds on each side and you were struggling to help him bring it up so it wouldn't crush him. The two of you, with him having his face covered, managed to set the bar back on to the stand and he takes the cloth off of his face.

He has a blue shirt on that has the sleeves cut off showing a bit of his skin on his sides. His usually bouncy hair is now sticking to him due to his sweat and he has a goofy smile on his face. His pointed nose is glistening with beads of sweat and he his small lips slightly. Woohyun asks, "What was that for ~~~-ah?"

 

"Mianhe oppa," you smile at him. "I was just coming to give you a towel," you say as you point to the towel he is now using to pat the sweat off the back of his neck and forehead. He stops patting and then holds the towel up.

"Kamsahaminda." You smile as your heartbeat quickens. It had just started to calm down after the near disaster with the weights falling down on to Woohyun, but having Woohyun smiling at you made your heart flutter again.

"So what are you doing here oppa?"

I was hoping to see you today. "I came here to work out, of course." Might as well throw it in Woohyun. It's not like you don't do aegyo enough. She'll think it's nothing. "And to see you," he eye-smiles.

"Arasseo," you say teasingly.

He stands up and twists his back to crack it. You notice his muscular arms and can't help but wonder how muscular the rest of his body is. "You know, you don't have to look at my arms like that. I already know they're amazing." You look at him and punch his arm a little harder than lightly.

"Yah, Woohyun-"

"I was kidding, kidding...Aish! ~~~-ah. My arm's are sore!" he says while rubbing his arm where you had punched him.

"Mianhe oppa."

"Aigoo, that's twice within 15 minutes. I guess you owe me now." Woohyun cracks an eye smile at you. You run over to the supply shelf to grab a small heating pack for Woohyun. He accepts it and breaks the inside contents to heat it up. Then he sets it on his arm. "That takes care for the weight almost dropping on me. You still owe me another favor." You laugh with him as he leans down to pack his water bottle into his bag. When he's done, he asks you when you get off of work. "Actually, I just started my shift an hour ago."

"Oh, geurae?"

"Mmm." You don't want to let him go yet, so you throw in, "but, I'm heading out to the laundromat down the street right now. If your done, you can come with me." Woohyun smiles with relief.

"Alright. Let's go. Kaja," and he grabs the bag of towels from you and leads the way to the exit. Before you leave for the laundromat, you explain to Woohyun that you have to grab the rest of the laundry in the closet. He walks on your left side down the hallway. After a man briskly walks past the the two of you, you and Woohyun are alone in the hallway.

 Both of your shoes click softly on the floor. Woohyun turns to you and asks seriously, "So ~~~-ah. I can't help but worry about you...have you you been okay? Gwenchana?" You stop walking and your shoulders fall a little bit. He's been worried about you. You know what he's asking. Has Woohyun noticed that you still miss Sunggyu? You have tried so hard to hide it from him, but Woohyun knows you pretty well. He looks at you, waiting for a response.