Saturday Afternoon

Feel so Bad

You wake up early on a Saturday morning around 8:30 a.m. After getting dressed for the day, you decide to text Woohyun. You don't work today so hopefully you can go and spend time with Woohyun.

You: Oppa~

Unfortuantely, Woohyun responds almost fifteen minutes later while you're watching the news. Your phone chirps as the anchorman is talking about the weather. You reach over to the small coffee table and grab your Samsung Galaxy S III. You read the message:

Woohyun: Annnnyeong~ -.- Why are you uppp so early? It's Saturday. Arrre you working today?

You laugh. From his many typos, you can tell he just got up and is still in bed. You respond:

You: Mianhe oppa. I didn't mean to wake you up. I thought you'd be up by now. It's almost 9:00!

Woohyun: Yeah, oppa's sleeping in because I don't have schedules until 4:00.

You: Jincha? Do you want to go out with me today? I'm not working.

Woohyun: I'm up now. ^^ Where do you want to go?

You: I know a yummy cafe where we can meet up for lunch at 11:45.

Woohyun: Yummy sounds good. Text me the place and oppa will meet you there.

You: XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXX It's called Apple Spice. I'll see you later oppa! Annyeong~!

Woohyun: Let's wear something nice, okay? Annyeong ~~~-ah. ^^

 

Wear something nice? Hmm....

You turn off the television with the remote and then walk to your bedroom. Guess I'll change. You change out of your jeans and throw on some sleek black leggings. You remember that the weather report had been chilly today so you throw on a long elegant white knitted turtleneck.

You go over to your vanity table and put on a pearled necklace. It wasn't real, but it looked nice. You put some matching earrings on and then bring the curler from the bathroom to your bedroom.

You curl your hair nicely and then pin it back with some bobby pins. When you're ready, you check the time. It's only 10:24. You turn off the hot curler and then go get your jacket in the welcoming closet.

                                        

You wear some brown colored leather boots. You grab your purse to check for your wallet, key and phone. They are all there so you head out and lock the door. You decide to walk to the cafe, since it isn't too far.

The weather is a bit chilly, but after you become accustomed to it, it is alright. You reach into your purse for your warm mittens.

As you draw them out of your purse, you remember that the last time you had used them, was to give to Sunggyu to wear on Wednesday evening because his hands had been freezing. You slow your walk as you delicately put them on. They were warm.

It would sound crazy, but you can tell that Sunggyu had worn them. It is a weird feeling, but nonetheless, you could feel Sunggyu's presence in the gloves. You brought the gloves to your face and breathed warm air. It felt nice. Was it your imagination or did you smell a bit of Sunggyu's special cologne?

You put your hands in your pockets as you look ahead and pick up your pace. The cafe is a few stores down.

You open the door of Apple Spice and a little bell tinkles. You see a young girl, probably around eighteen or nineteen, with short hair at the guest desk. She's wearing a black skirt and a peach colored shirt like all the other workers. She nods her head, "Ah, Annyeonghasaeyo."

"Nthe, annyeonghasaeyo," you respond.

"Are you alone for lunch today?"

"Aniyo. My friend will be here soon," you explain.

The waitress grabs another menu and then says, "Follow me this way."

The restaurant is set up in a way for customers who are in a rush to only have to access the first floor to grab a quick snack or drink in the lower cafe and leave.

The customers who have time to enjoy a long meal are seated upstairs with nice dine-in tables and are undisturbed by the busy world below.

This is one of your favorite restaurants. You had brought Sunggyu here a few times, and he had enjoyed the hearty meat entrees. You preferred the salads and chicken specials.

The waitress seats you at a table in the corner across from the windows. You thank her as she gives you the menu. "Just press the bell when you and your friend are ready," she says. Then she leaves and you look through the menu.

They have a few new dishes. The Chicken and rice soup looks good...

"Ahem, agasshi. Annyeonghasaeyo, I'll be your waiter today my name is DongMin."

"Jincha?" you ask while looking at the menu. "My little brother's name is DongMin-" you look at the waiter and laugh. A Korean boy about seventeen-years-old wearing a peach colored polo and some black dress pants is standing before you. He's got flirty eyebrows and a silly smirk on his face. He's got a bit of baby fat on his cheeks and has a mop of dark brown -almost black- hair.

It's your dongsaeng DongMin.

"Omo! Why are you here?" you laugh.

DongMin smiles and reaches over to another table and scoots it over to your table. You set your menu down as he turns the chair backwards and sits on it facing you. His arms lay casually on the back of the chair. "Didn't eomma tell you? I work here now. I've been working here for about a week. I need some Christmas money."

You smile at your little brother. It was his second to last year in high school and he had a girl he was fond of. "Are you going to confess to that girl? With a Christmas gift?"

DongMin smiles embarassedly and nods his head. "I'm gonna try to. I think she likes me too."

You smile. You know that she likes your brother, but it's your brother's job to ask her out without you interfering.

DongMin points to the empty chair across from you and wiggles his eyebrows. "Noona looks all nice today. Is Sunggyu-hyung coming? His new song's pretty good. I can play it later on the cafe speakers, if you want."

You sigh and are about to explain to your brother, but then DongMin turns towards the staircase and sees a man coming towards you guys.

It's Woohyun and he looks confused a the young man who, to a stranger, looks too friendly with you. Woohyun says firmly and, almost threateningly to DongMin, "Yah. Nuguya? Who are you?"

  {A/N: Imagine the third photo of Namu as he talks to DongMin, but isn't this part of 'Man In Love' funny? XD Even though the MV isn't supposed to be out yet since this story takes place in November of 2012...}

Your slightly cocky younger brother stands up to Woohyun who is obviously older than him {A/N: Koreans normally show respect to people older than them} and responds, "I could ask you the same thing. What do you want with my noona?"

"Noona?" Woohyun looks at you and you can only laugh at your brother and boyfriend.

"Aniyo. It's not like that oppa," you say to Woohyun.

DongMin looks at Woohyun and looks back to you, "Oppa?"

"Ani! Just sit down and I'll explain! You two are so alike!" you say while laughing.

{A/N: When you're dating someone, girls sometimes call their older boyfriends "oppa". So when DongMin hears you call Woohyun "oppa" he's bewildered. For a younger boy, they call their older girlfriends "noona" which ALSO means "older sister". DongMin is implying it in the "older sister" term, while Woohyun interprets "noona" as his girlfriend. Lol! I had fun writing this!}

Your brother slowly sits down in his chair, still in the awkward position. Woohyun walks around him and sits in the chair across from you.

 

Restaurant Arrangement

 

(upper floor where you are; bird's eye of view)

WWindow   Window    Window  W

A  Table    Table    Table      Table       A

Table    Table      Table    Table         L

     Woohyun

L Table  DongMin  Table  Table             L

       You

W  A  STAIRS   L L    W  A    L   L

         STAIRS  STAIRS STAIRS

 

You watch Woohyun and DongMin glance at each other in curiosity. With not a moment to lose, you explain to them. You look at Woohyun and say, "This is my dongsaeng DongMin. He's in his third year of high school." You turn to DongMin and explain, "DongMin-ah. This is Nam Woohyun. He's," you stutter a bit, but it's unnoticeable, "my boyfriend."

Realization spreads across DongMin's face, but then he turns to Woohyun and greets him with a seated bow and a goofy smile, "Annyeonghasaeyo hyung!" DongMin sticks out his hand for a handshake.

Now that he understands, Woohyun smiles and takes DongMin's hand warmly, "Annyeonghasaeyo DongMin-ah. Nice to meet you."

The two get along fine talking about sports, especially soccer/football, then DongMin asks, "Hyung."

Woohyun smiles and nods to himself, "Aish, you are a really friendly guy when you think you can call me 'hyung' without my consent."

"Yah!" you warn DongMin. Your younger brother is really friendly and unconciously befriends people who aren't his age. If he wasn't amiable and had charms, you don't know how people would treat him.

"Chwesunghamnida, chwesunghamnida. Sorry! It just seemed natural since your ~~~-noona's oppa and all..." DongMin looks at you and Woohyun for your reactions and he's pleased. You cast your eyes down at the table, suddenly finding the wooden table attractive, and Woohyun looks to the side and then to you.

Woohyun recovers first, "Aniyo. Gwenchana. You can call me hyung."

DongMin smiles, "That's good. So, hyung. Aren't you in the boy group Infinite?"

"Mmm. I'm the main vocal."

"Waah! Jincha daebak. Your song 'Paradise' was really good."

Woohyun chuckles, "That one is my favorite dance. It has a y concept."

You choke from laughing as you take a sip of water. Woohyun and DongMin look at you in worry, but you wave your hand, gesturing that you are alright.

When you recover, you say, "Should we order something to eat?"

"Yeah, we should probably do that," agrees Woohyun, "What's good to eat around here, DongMin-ah?"

"The beef broth is good. Also the kimchi stew."

"Alright. It's a cold day today, so I'll have the beef broth. What about you ~~~-ah?"

"I'll have the chicken broth with noodles and veggies."

DongMin hops of the chair and takes out his waiter's note pad to jot down the orders. "Noona, you want extra veggies right?"

"Only if it's free."

"Arasseo. Hyung," DongMin addresses Woohyun, "I'll see if I can put some extra meat in yours."

"Wah! You're a good kid DongMin-ah!"

DongMin gives his goofy smile and then goes downstairs to the kitchens. "I'll be back with your food in a little bit."

Now it's just you and Woohyun. You say, "It was funny earlier."

"Onjen? When? Oh, you mean the incident earlier."

You take a sip of your water and nod with a smile. Woohyun laughs and then says, "You're dongsaeng and you don't look a like."

"Me and unnie take after uri appa. DongMin-ah takes after uri eomma."

"You're mom must be pretty then."

You smile in embarassment and then say, "Looks aren't everything."

Woohyun gives a greasy smile and says back, "But they're not nothing either."

"Arasseo. Arasseo."

You and Woohyun talk a bit more and then your food comes. You both eat the delicious meal. In the middle of eating, Woohyun says," The food here is really good. We should come here more often."

You smile and say, "Geurae. Alright."

You finish up the meal without DongMin interrupting you and Woohyun. Woohyun asks about your family and you both learn a lot about each other.

Woohyun has an older brother and no sisters. You have a older sister and a younger brother. Also, you have a brother-in-law and a nephew.

"DaeRi, right? The baby that was over when I came with SungYeol, MyungSoo, and SungJong right??"

"Mm hmm."

"Wah, you have a nice family."

You smile and say, "Gomawo oppa." After a moment of silence, you ask, "You don't have anywhere to go til later, right?"

Woohyun says yes, and then you get up. "Let's go get dessert somewhere else."

"Arasseo," Woohyun says as he gets up from his chair.

"Kaja. Let's go." You start heading down the stairs, but then Woohyun grasps your hand.

"Jakkuman." He walks to catch up with you and then entertwines your fingers with his. You look at him, frozen in surprise. Woohyun eye-smiles at you and says, "Kaja." Then you smile and follow him down the stairs while holding his hand.

 

 

You bring Woohyun in front of your favorite patbingsu shop. You have come here with In Jae, your best friend, many times, but this is your first time with Woohyun.

"Oppa, do you like patbingsu?"

"I haven't had it in a while, but I think it's yummy."

"Good!" You drag him in and go and sit down at a table. The people here know you pretty well. A waiter comes over to give you and Woohyun a menu.

When he leaves, Woohyun says, "~~~-ah. I'm full from lunch. Let's share a patbingsu."

Omo, sharing... "Arasseo," you say cooly, "Which one do you like?"

Woohyun flips the pages. "The strawberry shortcake one sounds good."

"Arasseo."

You raise your hand and the waiter returns. We'll get the Strawberry Shortcake Patbingsu with two spoons please."

"Alright. It'll be here shortly."

In a few minutes, the patbingsu is on your table.

"Kamsahamnida," you and Woohyun say. Then you both dig in. After a few bites, you scoop a spoonful up and look to Woohyun, "Aaaahh."

Woohyun smiles and opens his mouth. You lean over the table to feed him. "It's yummier this way," Woohyun says.

Your smile breaks into a laugh. Woohyun feeds you a scoop and you smile. "You're definitely right."

After the delicious desert, Woohyun walks you home and it starts snowing.

"Do you like the winter?" Woohyun asks you.

You think about it. This winter is without Sunggyu. The snow was clean and fresh, like a fresh start. You look down at the warm hand you're holding and then work your way up to the handsome face beside you. He's looking at the small flurries of snowflakes in the air.

He isn't your Sunggyu, but for now, your heart is content. You get closer to him and give Woohyun's arm a squeeze. Woohyun looks at you and you say, "I don't dislike it."

Then the two of you arrive at your apartment building. The two of you go inside and up a floor to your apartment.

Woohyun takes out his phone to call his manager to pick him up since it is cold outside. Woohyun's manager comes soon and gives Woohyun a call saying that he's outside.

You walk Woohyun to the door and he gives you a hug good-bye. With his arms around you, he says, "I had fun today, ~~~-ah. We'll have to do it again when we're both not busy."

"Arasseo," you say sweetly while looking at his handsome face. Woohyun kisses your forehead and then walks out with a bounce in his step. "Annyeong!" you call out.

Woohyun looks back at you and waves. He shoots you a heart with his hands and then goes downstairs. You listen for the main door to shut and then you close your front door.

You go to your room and see Sunggyu's aviator jacket on your bed. You gently sit on the bed and hold Sunggyu's jacket as you remorsefully think,

I had fun today with Woohyun. How was your day, Sunggyu-oppa?