Friday Afternoon

Feel so Bad

As you finish up your boba tea, your phone goes off indicating that you recieved a text message. You smile at the ID and unlock your Samsung Galaxy S III to respond to the sender.

Dongwoo smiles at your response and sends another text to you.

Dongwoo: How has your day been so far~~~-ah?

You: It's been good. How about yours? ^^

Dongwoo: That's good. Mine has been okay. I took a nap earlier, so I'll be ready for our schedule today.

L is staring out the window in the back of the car while Sungyeol is intently watching Sungjong play Angry Birds on his phone beside L. Hoya is taking a nap in the seat behind Dongwoo. Woohyun sits across the small aisle from Dongwoo and is drinking a cup of boba tea, which Dongwoo guesses is apple-flavored because of the green coloring. Sunggyu is in the front listening to his music in the front beside the manager who is driving.

Manager          Sunggyu

Dongwoo         Woohyun

HoyaSungyeolSungjongL

(car arrangement)

When you respond to Dongwoo the phone goes off loudly. Dongwoo jumps slightly and Hoya shifts his sleeping position in the back. L looks over at Dongwoo with an eyebrow raised and then goes back to gazing out the window, looking like a model. Sungyeol and Sungjong are too busy playing to notice. "No! Use the bomb one!"

Woohyun ignores the loud ring and takes his phone out and fiddles with it. Then, before Dongwoo can check the text that you sent, the phone goes off loudly again. Dongwoo quickly turns the phone to vibrate.

"Dongwoo-ah, who's texting you?" Sunggyu asks. Dongwoo doesn't hear him while he reads your two texts and responds.

You: That's good.

You: What are you doing today?

Dongwoo: Infinite's going to perform at a K-Pop showcase today. If you want to watch it, it's live on Mnet tonight at 7:00. We don't perform until 7:45 though. Some other good groups will be there too, but their not as good as Infinite...^^

At the laundromat, the dryer has stopped running and, after responding to Dongwoo, you go over to put the clean towels in the laundry bag. As you take them out, you think about your plans for tonight. You and In Jae get off at the same time tonight around 6:30. If she isn't busy, she can come over and have dinner with you while watching the K-Pop showcase. Hopefully she isn't doing anything tonight. You haven't seen or talked to her since Monday and today was Friday. You text Dongwoo back.

You: I'm at work now, but I'll watch it when I get home. It sounds daebak! Are you performing "The Chaser"?

As you wait for his response, you double check the dryer for any leftover towels and then leave the laundromat with the large bag of clean towels in your arms. You hear your phone go off in your purse, but since your hands are full, you will have to wait to respond to Dongwoo later. You enter the building though the side entrance and you see In Jae walking in your direction. "In Jae-ah!" you call out.

"Yah, Dongwoo-ah! Who are you texting?" Sunggyu asks again louder. Dongwoo panics. He doesn't want to tell Sunggyu that he has been texting you, much less beginning to fall in love with you. "Yah, Dongwoo. Don't ignore me."

"Arasseo. Arasseo. I heard you. Just give me a sec." Dongwoo scrolls through his inbox. "...I'm texting manager-hyung."

"Manager-hyung? He's right here," Sunggyu points to the driving manager beside him.

Dongwoo laughs trying to cover his mistake, "Kya, kya, kya...Aniyo, I didn't mean him....ah...I was talking about the one at the company today."

"Oh. So what did hyung say, Dongwoo?"

"What did hyung say? Oh, uh.." Dongwoo racked his brain. Why did Sunggyu have to ask him this? Dongwoo is terrible at lying, especially to Sunggyu. "He said..." Sunggyu is now looking back at Dongwoo and Dongwoo can't look at the leader's eyes right now. Dongwoo scrolls through his phone.

"Hyung says that you don't work hard enough and to tell you to do better on your dance performance than last time."

"Jincha?" Sunggyu reaches for Dongwoo's phone and Dongwoo pulls away. If Sunggyu looks at his message inbox, he'll know for sure that Dongwoo has been texting you because Dongwoo hasn't texted the other manager since Tuesday.

"Andwae! Andwae! Don't look at my phone!"

"Let me see what hyung said, Dongwoo!"

Then the manager driving spoke up, "Sunggyu-ah. Don't do that. I can't focus on driving when you do that."

"Mianhe hyung."

With the manager spoken, Sunggyu decides to let it go. Dongwoo is grateful and breathes a sigh of relief. While Sunggyu and Dongwoo had been arguing about seeing Dongwoo's phone, Woohyun has been sitting on his seat sipping the boba tea while texting you with one hand. Then he hit send.

Sunggyu says, "Woohyun-ah, let me have some of your drink."

"Okay." Woohyun hands it to him and Sunggyu takes a drink.

"It's good. I like how they made it, except strawberry is better. ~~~ and I used to go to a boba tea store with an ahjumma who sold stuff just like this." Woohyun freezes. Sunggyu hasn't brought you up into a conversation at all this week. Everytime someone would mention you, he would change the topic or become silently solemn. Everyone was held their breath. Sungjong flitted his eyes toward his hyung and Sungyeol who had noticed Sungjong pause before setting another bird flying, looked up as well.

Hoya skips a slight snore for a second and L turns his head to Sunggyu up front. Dongwoo's hand clutching his phone starts to fall and he lets his hand fall to his lap. Sunggyu feels the sudden tension and anxiety. He is reminded of you smiling as the two of you had shared a strawberry boba tea. He plasters a smile on to his face and then hands the cup back to Woohyun. "Thanks."

Woohyun is still slightly shocked and can only mumble an inaudible, "No problem."

The car goes back to normal as one by one, the members resume their previous activities. Sunggyu pulls out his Samsung Note and flips through his contacts. He stops at your name. He clicks on it. The contact information comes up and he sees your smiling face as your set picture. He smiles back at you on the Note and scrolls down. Your phone number is there, your e-mail, your address, and your birthday.

He clicks on the 'send message' button and types in:

Sunggyu: I miss you.

It's so easy. I could just text her with the click of a button...but Sunggyu doesn't press it. He can't after what he said to you last Sunday night. He feels extremely guilty and wants someone to talk to about it. He would normally talk about his problems with you, but the problem this time was him and you, so he couldn't.

So Infinite is on the way to a K-Pop showcase that will be broadcasted live and 3/7 of the Infinite members are stuck on their phones, thinking about you.

The text you had recieved on your phone:

Woohyun: Sorry I had to leave so soon. It was fun today, but you should know that I don't plan on starting any scandals soon. ^^ I'll probably get membership to the sports center soon, so see you later for sure ~~~!