Friday Early Afternoon/Afternoon

Feel so Bad

Woohyun gives you a slightly sad smile that tugs at a corner of his lips showing his white teeth. He's waiting for your response. You don't know what to say. As of right now, you are fine. You like being with Woohyun. But as of emotionally, you miss being with Sunggyu, and you want nothing more than for him to hug you again and help you when you need him most, but maybe things would work out this way. He had changed over time. Or, maybe you had changed. Your eyes blink and flit down at the tile floor, as if trying to find the answer to his question there.

 Woohyun sees that you are conflicted and decides not to push you. He clears his throat and straightens. "Never mind ~~~-ah. It's alright." You smile back to him gratefully and continue walking to the closet with Woohyun following you. After grabbing the rest of the laundry, you and Woohyun leave the sports center.

 

Woohyun pushes the door open to the laundromat and you look at him. "Kamsahamnida, oppa." He grins widely, your awkward conversation now gone with the long and friendly chat on the way to the laundromat. You go to the washer near the back of the room and put in some coins. Woohyun hands you the towels one by one. "Yah, Woohyun-oppa. Just give me the bag. It'll go faster."

"Aniyo. It's more fun this way," he teases. You sigh and roll your eyes. After all the clothes have been put in, you go over and sit on the counter while Woohyun leans back on the counter beside you with his elbows rested near your legs. "~~~-ah."

"Mmm?"

"Do you want to listen to some music?"

You nod your head and he takes out his phone and earbuds.The earbuds don't extend very far, so he hops up onto the counter and sits beside you. Your arms touch and something stirs inside of you, however you brush the feeling aside. Woohyun looks slightly downwards at you and it seems like he acknowledges the fact of your arm and his maroon sweatshirt sleeve touching. "What song do you want to listen to?"

"Mollayo. I'm happy with you, so play something happy."

"Arasseo." Woohyun flips through and plays Kara's "Pandora".

When it gets to the chorus, you turn to him and ask, "Woohyun-oppa?"

"Mmm?" he says while listening to the music.

"What exactly is going on with you and Seungyeon? Do you really like her? Chongmal?" Woohyun laughs and shakes his head and flips his hair to the side.

"Waeyo?"

You slap your thighs in frustration and look at him in disbelief. "Because on every single show with you and her on it, there's some sort of connection there. Shows like 'Flower Bouquet'-"

"-that was a long time ago."

"-'Mr. Mrs. Idol Korea'...". Woohyun has no comeback for that one. He just laughs and turns off the music. He looks at you.

"Seungyeon is pretty and cute isn't she? All guys think that."

"I already know that, but-"

"-but the whole I'm in love with her thing, it's mostly just for the script. I did a surprise thing way back for 'Flower Bouquet' and then people just liked the idea of a noona and dongsaeng. And it gives me more screen time," Woohyun shrugged on the last part and you shake your head at him.

"Alright...what about Yoon Bomi? From Apink."

"Jincha...what's gotten into you today ~~~-ah?"

The washer stops running. "Oh! Good! the clothes are ready!" You take the earbud out and then hop off the counter, leaving Woohyun with his aloof frutration. As you take out the towels, and throw them into the drying machine, you pause, thinking of Woohyun and all of his potential scandals with female idols."Omo! Now that I think about it oppa, you could cause so many scandals! With Seongyeon, Bomi, and even Hyomin from the Thousandth Man! Omo, oppa! Why are you so-"

"It's not even that bad! Aish...~~~-ah. You're so funny. Chongmal..." He laughs with you. Woohyun gently hits your shoulder and you frown slightly embarrassed that you asked him about scandals. Woohyun open his mouth to say something, but then a little boy comes up to Woohyun and tugs on his hoodie. "Excuse me. Do you have an extra coin for me so I can play that game," he points at the pacman game near the entrance of the laundromat, "over there? Appa used it all on the laundry."

Woohyun looks slightly surprised and looks at you. You smile at him wondering what Woohyun's response will be. Being with Infinite when you and Sunggyu had dated, you know that Woohyun doesn't like to spend money, much less give it out to others. Woohyun sighs and looks down at the boy from the counter. "Nthe. Hyung has some money for you. What's your name?" he says while digging in his jean pocket for some change.

"Dong Jihyun."

"Jihyun-ah," Woohyun places a good amount of coins in the little boy's awaiting palm, "Go play a fun game for noona and me, arasseo?" Woohyun smiles up at you and you give him a slightly surprised look. You thought he would have turned the kid down, but then again, Nam Woohyun is always full of surprises.

"Kamsahamnida, hyung." Then Jihyun runs off and plays the game. The father sees his son run to the game and then looks over at the two of you. He smiles at you and bows his head slightly. Then he goes back to his laundry.

"That was nice of you Woohyun-oppa." Woohyun turns to look at you and shrugs with an indifferent look on his face. He may look non-chalant, but you know he's burning with happiness on the inside. "You want to go get some boba tea while the towels dry?"

"Okay. But you're paying for it. I've given enough money out today."

"Arasseo, oppa."

The two of you head out with him walking on your left. His hoodie is pulled on so he won't seem too recognizeable. You look at him as you walk to a refreshment stand a few stores down. "Oppa."

"Hmm?"

"You look nice in a hoodie."

"Jincha?"

"Geureumyo. I don't say things I don't mean."

The two of you reach the refreshment stand. There is an ahjumma there running the small stand. It isn't very popular, but the drinks were made well so you and Sunggyu used to come here on your dates often. Your often visits has made the ahjumma familiar with you and Sunggyu and she knows what flavors of boba tea you like. You both like strawberry so you guys would always buy one cup to share.

"Anyo agasshi." She smiles at you and then sees Woohyun, a face she isn't familiar with seeing beside you. You see a bit of confusion in her eyes, but then she smiles brightly at him. "Would you like the usual?"

"Usual?" Woohyun asks. You ignore the question.

"Oppa, what do you want to drink. I'll get two of the same kind."

"Okay...Apple or Blueberry. You choose between the two ~~~-ah." You turn to the ahjumma and hold up two fingers.

"Two apple boba teas." As the ahjumma makes it, you hear Woohyun's phone go off. He pulls it out and looks at the text message. He types something. The ahjumma gives you the two cups with napkins around it and you pay her. With Woohyun on his phone, the ahjumma leans in.

"Where's the other young man?" When she sees that you don't respond immediately, she seems to understand.

"Ah...him. Mollayo," you say, "I don't know where he is." She nods her head and Woohyun looks up at the two of you.

"Take care, agasshi. I'll see you around then."

"Nthe, ahjumma. Anyo." You hand Woohyun his cup and he takes it gladly. Then you bow to the ahjumma to show you are leaving. Woohyun nods his head to her and then the two of you walk back to the laundromat.

When you arrive at the door, Woohyun pulls open the door for you, but doesn't go in. "~~~-ah." You turn to him. "Manager-hyung texted me. We've got a schedule to go to. I have to go now."

You are a bit saddened, but you know that a day of hanging out with Woohyun is rare, so you might as well make the best of it. "Arasseo, oppa. Anyo." You give a small wave and then he runs off. You watch him for a little bit and then return to the dryer where the laundry is. It isn't done yet so you go back and sit on the counter, this time with your back leaning against the wall. You sip your boba tea. The apple flavor was pretty tasty. It wasn't as good as the strawberry flavor, but it was different and the flavor was good.

You reflect on your day so far and you decide that you had a lot of fun being with Woohyun today. You normally don't hang out with Woohyun, because you used to be with Sunggyu. Woohyun is different than Sunggyu. You decide that Woohyun is not different in a bad way, in fact, you like a lot of things about Woohyun, but that you certainly enjoyed being with Sunggyu more.

You stop slurping up the black boba pearls and look at the plastic cup. What is left of the smoothie part is a light green, different than the reddish-pink you are used to seeing in your boba tea cup. You realize that Sunggyu and Woohyun are just like the boba tea from the ahjumma's shop. Apple was good, in fact, it was very delicious, but it wouldn't ever be as wonderful as strawberry.