Friday Night (Infinite)

Feel so Bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtDqdMmbX98  (Debut Performance)

 

 

Sunggyu gets into the passenger seat of the van. After his first solo performance on SBS Inkigayo, he feels good. It would've been nice if he had won, but Woolim's CEO had warned him not to get his hopes too high, so Sunggyu had mentally prepared himself.

As he runs a hand through his hair, Infinite's manager compliments him, "Great job on your performance today. The audience went wild after the skin-showing at the end."

"Keureutcho. I know right?" says Sunggyu, "It was Hoya's idea."

The manager laughs and pulls out of the parking place. Sunggyu sits back and rests. He wonders how the response from "I Need You" will be.

"Are you okay with yesterday's filming of 'I Need You'?" the manager asks.

"I was actually just thinking about that," Sunggyu replies, "Yeah, I think it went well. Do you know if I'm going to be part of the editing or not?"

The van turns a corner in the busy night of Seoul and pulls out of the traffic. "Ah, CEO said to focus on your promotions like variety and performances, so don't worry about it. Woolim's music videos are always pretty good."

"Arasseo," says Sunggyu. He looks out the car window and sees the skyscrapers of Seoul. He wonders how you're doing as he remembers what happened on Wednesday night with you. He brushes his bottom lip lightly with his thumb as he remembers your kiss. He pulls out his Samsung Note and clicks on his photo gallery.

He makes sure his manager can't see and clicks on the photos of you and him. Sunggyu sees your face and his heart skips a beat as he smiles immediately. Sunggyu relaxes instantly as he sees your smile radiating warmth and happiness as you are beside him.

He tilts his head to the side to think. Then he looks out the windshield and realizes where the van is. It's in Myeongdong where Woolim's headquarters are.

As the car pulls into the parking lot, Sunggyu exits his photo gallery and puts his phone to sleep. He turns to his manager and asks, "Hyung, yeogi wae? Why are we here?"

The manager closes his eyes in frustration, "Aish, I forgot to tell you. I didn't want to make you nervous before your performance, so I didn't tell you. CEO-nim wanted to speak with you after the performance."

Sunggyu leans forward to look at the building better through the windshield. "Jincha?"

"Mmm," replies his manager.

"Arasseo," Sunggyu says as he unbuckles his seatbelt and opens the car door.

"You want me to come in?" asks the manager.

Sunggyu laughs, "You want me to meet with him alone?"

The manager laughs as well since no one wants to be alone with the CEO. He knows that it's nervewracking. Sunggyu and Infinite's manager walk in side by side. The manager holds the building door open for Sunggyu and he steps in.

"Stairs or elevator, Sunggyu-ah?"

Sunggyu walks towards the elevator and presses the button. The manager smiles, "Why did I even ask?"

They ride the elevator up and then go towards Woolim's office. As Sunggyu and his manager almost reach the door, Woolim also arrives outside the office. "Ah, Sunggyu-ah. I'm glad you're here."

"Ye, annyeonghasaeyo, sajang-nim," say Sunggyu and his manager as they bow down. Woolim also greets the manager, but says, "I'd like to speak to Sunggyu-ah privately. You can wait here on the bench. We shouldn't be too long." And with that, Woolim walks into his office.

Sunggyu feels a heavy weight being put on his shoulders and he gulps silently. Maybe it's something good....maybe, maybe....

Sunggyu nods to his manager and the manager can see Sunggyu's anxiety. The manager can only offer an encouraging smile, even though he also has no idea of what's going on. Then Sunggyu heads into the office.

Sunggyu goes into the large room and heads for the couch across from Woolim's table. He had been here last week to talk about promotions for his solo album, but now, the atmosphere seemed more tense.

Sunggyu sits in the chair. It's comfortable, but no matter what people tried to do to ease you in, Sunggyu decides that one would never be comfortable in their boss's office for an unexpected meeting.

"Firstly, Sunggyu-ah, I'd like to congratulate you on your live debut. I watched it and you did very well tonight."

Sunggyu nods his head respectfully, "Kamsahamnida, sajang-nim."

Woolim continues awkwardly, "However, it is late, and I'm afraid I have to get straight to the point."

"Ye, please do," says Sunggyu meekly.

Woolim looks at Sunggyu frozen in his chair and sighs, "There has been a photo released of you from two nights ago."

Sunggyu's mind races back. Two nights ago....that was Seunghoon-hyung's birthday. "Ah, ye, I believe that manager-hyung contacted you about my cousin's birthday-"

"Mmm, he did. However, I heard it was your hyung's birthday in Hongdae. This photo-" Woolim spits out the word making Sunggyu cringe. Woolim takes some photos out of a large yellow envelope, "doesn't show him at all."

Sunggyu looks at the photo and freezes. How could this have gotten out?

The photo was taken from a smart phone, but the resolution is still good.

Too good.

It's a photo of you and Sunggyu kissing in front of the art wall in Hongdae. The girl's identity is unable to be seen because of the angle, but Sunggyu's red hair is bright even with only the street light. It's clearly Sunggyu.

Sunggyu closes his eyes and listens to his heart thud faintly. He can say sorry and say it was nothing, but his heart won't let him. Sunggyu's heart isn't sorry. He had loved every second with you. Holding the door open for you, helping you decorate the noraebang, singing to you, eating with you, meeting you unexpectedly at the Hongdae art, kissing you...

If you had gone there, to the wall of art, you must've still had some feelings for him. Either that or perhaps you had wanted to end everything there. Even when you had told him that you were with Woohyun, it had hurt, but at least you were with him.

Sunggyu can only stare at the photo as Woolim shouts, "Don't you have anything say!? Do you know how much this photo was? We're lucky that we caught the photographer before the word spread!

"Why would you do something stupid like this Sunggyu! I thought this solo rock album was something that you had wanted your entire life! Infinite was to be a stepping stone for you! Then you blow your chances with an enormous mistake like this! Why would you do such a thing!"

Sunggyu can only remain silent as Woolim breathes heavily from his angry lecture. "I can't tolerate things like this. Woolim Entertainment can not stand by while exceptions float about. I'm sorry Sunggyu, but you will have to be punished. Even though you have done some of the filming and choreography, I'm going to pull you out of the 'Colors of K-Pop' collaboration with CUBE Entertainement. Your group, 'Dynamic Black' will have to have another representative from Infinite to replace you. Probably Hoya."

After a moment, Sunggyu says quietly with a deep nod, "Ye, sajang-nim."

Woolim sees that Sunggyu can still handle this. He feels as if Sunggyu has not been punished enough due to his silent responses and lack of outburst so he adds, "Also, we will be shortening your "Another Me" promotions!"

Sunggyu raises his head to look at the CEO. Woolim continues, "Since we have already spent money for filming 'I Need You', that one will be promoted after '60 Seconds', but after that, nothing else. If we were to cancel your future appearances on shows and CF's then the media would attack us with questions instantly. Your future schedules will not be canceled, but there will be nothing added, no matter how badly a show requests or how successful the album is. Arasseo?!"

"Ye, sajang-nim," Sunggyu says lowly. As Sunggyu thinks about all of the album promotion cuts, he can only reflect on how much you mean to him. His lifelong dream of being a rock artist was being cast aside for what Woolim called a "stupid mistake". Those weren't the right words.

To Sunggyu, it was more like a "realization of what was important". You were important to Sunggyu and if that meant he had to put aside his old dream for a new one, he would do it.

"Also, the day after your good-bye stage for 'I Need You', you need to dye your hair black again. No more of this red," Woolim huffs, "That's all Sunggyu-ah. I'm sorry for all of this. Please watch your image more carefully in the future."

Sunggyu rises from the chair and bows, "Ye, sajang-nim. Annyeonghikaseyo. I'll be leaving now."

Woolim has finally, some-what, calmed down and he looks at Sunggyu's back as Sunggyu walks towards the door. Woolim looks down at the photo of you and Sunggyu and his heart is touched, however, as a CEO of an Entertainment that is making it's way in the world, he had to be firm. Woolim sighs and calls gently, "Sunggyu-ah."

Sunggyu turns around and says with sad respect, "Ye sajang-nim."

"This girl. Is she that important to you?"

Sunggyu thinks about everything about you. Your smile, your laugh, your tears, your pout. He loves it all. Amidst all the bad news, Woolim is surprised to see a small smile on Sunggyu's face as he says strongly, "I will always respect my members, group and entertainment highly, but she's the most important thing in the world to me."

Then Sunggyu bows again and he leaves the the main office of Woolim Entertainment.