Monday

Feel so Bad

You wake up from a troublesome sleep and are confused with your surroundings. The pink walls, lacey curtains. It looks like In Jae's room, but why would you be at In Jae's... Then you recall last night's events. You turn over to your side and find an extra pillow that In Jae left for you, even though she knows you only use one. You reach over and grab it for comfort. You feel your eyes begin to water. You are a strong girl. You aren't going to cry over a break up. It's just Kim Sunggyu.....who are you kidding? The problem is that it is Kim Sunggyu. You squeeze the pillow harder. Then you hear the pink door open. In Jae's pretty face peeks in. "Oh, good. You're up."

She comes in, her baby pink slippers not making a sound. In Jae's wearing gray baggy sweats with a pink hoodie on. She bends down and sits on the wooden floor beside you. "You wanna eat breakfast? Omma made beef soup last night..." In Jae falters as she sees your wet eyes. "~~-ah, were you crying?"

You shake your head. "Oh. Ani. My eyes are always like this when I wake up," you lie, "but could we go out for a walk to the ddukbokki stand? Maybe the patbingsu shop after?"

In Jae's eyes light up. "That's good because it's almost lunch time."

"Jincha?" you ask.

"Mmm. We can go for dukkbokki and patbingsu then head to the sports center."

"Sports center? Waeo?"

"We signed up for work there last week. Remember?"

You had been so preoccupied with Sunggyu that you had forgotten your new job. Thanks a lot Kim Sunggyu. In Jae goes to her closet to grab some clothes, which is full of pink clothing, to change into. She throws you some too, since you don't have a change of clothes for the day. After changing, you leave the bedroom and do your hygiene in the bathroom.

"You must be starving. Ready to go?"

You aren't too hungry yet, but you guys grab your purses and leave. When the two of you walk out of the neighborhood, In Jae looks at you expectantly. The walk to the dukkbokki stand is about a quarter of a mile away and In Jae has a right to know why you went to her house in the middle of the night asking for a place to stay when you have your own apartment. You tell her of your breaking up with Sunggyu while he was drunk. In Jae is being the quiet listener that she is and when you're done telling her, your eyes are misty. You look up and take a deep breath to swallow the large painful throb in your throat. You try to smile, but fail. In Jae frowns in concern and wraps her arms around you to give you a side hug.

"I'm so sorry ~~-ah. "

"A-ani," you force a smile, "I'm alright. Gwenchana. I just need you to keep being my friend. Especially now."

She nods, "Of course." In Jae is still hugging you on your side while you two keep walking towards lunch.

"Gomowoyo, In Jae."

In Jae doesn't let go of you and you're glad. You need someone who you can rely on right now, because your number one person is now out of the picture. Your number one person used to be Sunggyu.....

 

You felt bad that on the day that Sunggyu was off from his busy schedule, you were sick with a high fever. You woke up and made sure you looked some-what presentable for your boyfriend and walked out the door into the hallway. You see Sunggyu carrying a tray that has food on it heading towards your room. "Gyu, what are you doing?"

His concentrated face broke into his cute eye smile. He teasingly nagged in his grandpa way, "Good, you're up. Go back to your room. I'm bringing you breakfast."

"You don't have to.  We can just eat on the couch in the living room."

He thought about it a bit, then said, "Alright."

You walked to him and hugged his arm with your head on his broad shoulders. Together, you walked carefully to the living room. When you were both sitting on the couch, with the food on the coffee table, you hugged him and felt how anchor-like he his. Literally as well, snce he's heavier than you and he sunk you down into the couch as you sat beside him. You didn't want to let go, and his muscular arm around you showed that he didn't want to let go of you yet either. You looked up at him. His brown hair fit him all too well. Then you realized he was looking at you.

"I know, I know. I''m not in best condition today..."

He gave a small laugh. "It's fine. I was looking for an excuse to tell the boys." You stared at him in mock-disbelief.

You asked, "Is that all I am to you? An escape from your dongsaengs?"

"Ani-! Of course not! I just.....What I meant was.....Aish! You know how bad I am with words."

You smiled up at him and said, "Arasseo." Seeing your smile, he realized that you were joking.

"I watched that episode of Weekly Idol where you actually swore on television because you were so upset that they wouldn't let you say anything correctly."

"Yah...I thought they would've edited it out."

"Guess they didn't, Gyu."

"Just so you know," he paused, making sure all the words sounded alright, "I'm glad you're sick so we can just spend today together at home." You looked at him funny and he groaned, "I should've left the sick part out." You bit your lip to hold a laugh back at his dorkiness and nodded your head.

"No matter how bad you are with words, I'll still love you Kim Sunggyu." You stretched your neck up to kiss him, but he made a face and pulled away.

"Hey, don't get me sick!"

You sunk back down into the couch and pouted, "Mianhe."

He pulled you close to him again and hugged you. "Love you too, babe." He smelled your hair and kissed your forehead.

"That's not fair!"

He laughed out loud with his head back. "Yeah it is! I'm not the one who's sick!" He calmed down a bit, but still had a childish grin on his face. "Now eat your food."

 

 

 

"Here's your dukkbokki," says In Jae.

"Gomowoyo. I'll eat it well."

The both of you walk on, you are thankful for the food in her hands, causing to be too full to talk. You need the space. Then you hear a tinkling sound coming from your purse. You finish up your dukkbokki and throw the tray and wooden chopsticks away. You rumage around in your purse and pull out your Samsung Galaxy III. You turn it on and see that you have gotten a text from Woohyun. In Jae raises an eyebrow and you explain to her, "Text from Woohyun-sshi." She nods her head and continues to eat her food.

You read the text:

Have you seen hyung? Thought he might be with you. Call me back!

No smilies to show aegyo through text? Woohyun must be very worried about Sunggyu. You call Woohyun and he picks it up after the first ring.

"Yeobeoseyo? ~~-sshi?"

"Nthe. Woohyun-sshi, I got your text. Sunggyu was at my apartment last night."

"Do I want to know what you two were doing?" he asks slyly.

You hesitate. "Ah, actually Woohyun-sshi...I broke up with him last night." You can almost see the confusion on his face because of his long pause. "Yah, Woohyun-sshi. Don't worry. He's probably still at my place. Sunggyu was drunk last night....I'll tell you the code so you can get in. "

"You don't have to do that. I can just wait for you to go home or maybe he'll answer..."

"Aniyo. It's been a while since I've reset it. Gwenchanayo."

"If you're sure-"

"Geureumyo. You'd be doing me a favor if you could get him out of my apartment."

Woohyun pauses. "Alright ~~-shi, let me get a pen and paper."

"Ok."

You and In Jae have arrived at the patbingsu shop. You motion her to go in and grab a table since she always takes forever pouring over the menu's delicious selections. However, you know she will get the coffee flavored one. She always does. As she walks into the cute little shop, Woohyun comes back on the phone. "Alright, what is it?"

"42889"

I feel him look at the numbers in silence.

"Woohyun-sshi?"

"Nthe."

You pause, not knowing what to say. Does Woohyun know the significance of those numbers? You hope he doesn't.

"Do you have the date? I-I mean the code?" Smooth move ~~. He definitely knows the meaning of those numbers now. Ugh...why did I choose Sunggyu's birthday as the password?

You hear him sigh, "Arasseo."

You both stay on the phone. You wish you could talk with him face to face. Or maybe Dongwoo. You weren't super close with Infinite, but you were closer with Woohyun and Dongwoo.....and Sunggyu. You shake your head. Without a relationship wth Sunggyu, you probably wouldn't be seeing Infinite as much.

"Call me if you have any troubles or when you're leaving my place. Alright? I'm going to hang up now."

"Ok.....~~-sshi!"

"Waeo?" You hadn't been planning on pressing the End Call button immediately. In fact, what you want are some words of comfort from Woohyun. Would he say anything?

"Ah...just wanted to let you know that even if things are over between you and hyung...," you hear him make an eye-smile, "that you can still contact your oppa."

You let out a small laugh and smile.

"Kamsahamnida, Woohyun-SSHI," (you purposely use formal language instead of informal which Woohyun used), "I was wondering when you were going to do aegyo."

You hear him laugh and you laugh along with him. Then he says, "But really, ~~-sshi. I'm here if you need me."

"Thanks Woohyun-sshi. I'll let you go now."

"Anyo."

"Nthe."

You smile to yourself as you hang up and go into the shop to enjoy the coffee patbingsu with In Jae.