Monday Morning

Feel so Bad

You wake up and find strong, pale arms around your waist. Your first thought is that they aren't Sunggyu's.

Then you recall what happened last night and close your eyes.

Woohyun knows what is going on with Sunggyu's promotion cuts. And you still love Sunggyu. You don't want to to wake up to this reality.

You turn gently so as to not disturb Woohyun and you take in close observations of him.

His baby soft skin is firm around his jawline and his dark brown bangs gently caress his upper forehead. His short eyelashes cast a small shadow over his upper cheek and his eyebrows look relaxed. His full lips are partly opened and up close, you can see a bit of a slight mustache growing back.

You look back at his soft, closed eyelids and bite your lips. You sigh downwards so your morning breath won't be in his face and you gently pull off Woohyun's muscular arm.

At first, Woohyun doesn't let go of your waist, but after you drop his wrist back on to you, he loosens his grip and you gently pick his arm up and he releases you. You slowly roll off the couch and stand up. You stretch silently and then go to your room. You work at 10:30 today.

You check the clock on your wall and see that it is 8:47.

You walk to your room and put on jeans and a red T-shirt. You throw on a gold necklace and a black hoodie and with another self-conscious glance at the mirror, you are satisfied with your clothing.

You go to the bathroom across the hallway to brush your teeth and do your hygiene routine. Grabbing the brush, you put your hair on one side to brush it through.

You put some rhinestone earrings on and force a smile at yourself in the mirror. You decide you look alright.

You walk to the kitchen and sigh to yourself. What to make for you and Woohyun?

You walk to the fridge, thinking about heating up last night's leftovers, but you think.

You should make fresh food since today would be a fresh start. You are going to break up with Woohyun.

He had mentioned it vaguely last night and you are sure the feelings would be mutual.

However, last night, Woohyun had said that he loved you and that he felt different with you...You wrap your arms around you for comfort and then feel a toned chest at your back. Your eyes widen in surprise.

Arms wrap around your shoulders and you lean your head into his shoulders. You had been so deep in thought that you hadn't heard him get up. "Good morning oppa," you say.

Woohyun doesn't know that you heard what he said last night so he just gives you a sad smile and says, "Good morning." He leans forward to kiss your forehead and you let him as you hold his arms.

"Did you sleep well?" he asks.

You nod, careful not to hit him. You let out a yawn while asking, "Did you sleep well?"

Woohyun gives a tired chuckle and says, "It was alright."

You turn to look into his eyes and he gives you a sad smile. "You can go wash up in the bathroom. I'll make breakfast," you say.

Woohyun responds, "I'll come help you in a little bit." Then he walks off down the short hallway and you hear the bathroom door shut. You turn to the refrigerator.

You pull out some strawberries and oranges and set them beside the sink. You reach into the lower cupboard for the chopping board and open a drawer for the knife.

After rinsing, you cut the oranges into slices and you set the fruits into nice green ceramic bowls. You turn around to see Woohyun coming into the kitchen.

"What do you need help with?"

You say, "You can grab the milk in the fridge. Cups are in the cabinet."

Woohyun does as he is told and he walks away. You grab some bread from the counter and bring it to the table with some jelly and a coconut spread.

You set it down on the table and turn around to see Woohyun grabbing some plates and silverware. "Thanks," you say sweetly.

Woohyun gives you a shrug of a smile as he brings the plates to the table and you grin, even though you know the inevitable.

Now is obviously not the time to break up with him and, who knows? He might break up with you.

The thought makes your heart flutter as if fearful freedom is almost upon you.

Woohyun sets them down and then slowly pulls you into a backhug. You let him since it might be the last time. You feel as Woohyun is thinking the same thing, but you are overwhelmed with his fresh, cactus scent around you. You're tempted to kiss him one last time, but you manage to restrain yourself. You don't want to play with his feelings.

"Ready to eat?" he asks.

"Ready when you are."

He lets you go and you both sit down at the white table.

"We'll eat it well," you say together and you and Woohyun smile at one another.

You grab a slice of bread and start spreading a light layer of coconut spread on it. You grab some fruit as Woohyun puts some jelly on his bread.

After a little bit of silent eating, Woohyun says, "~~~-ah."

You look up expectantly at Woohyun. Is this it?

He sets down his fork on the table and looks at you. He says slowly, "I'm not saying I don't like you, but...I think that now is not the time for 'us'."

You look at Woohyun's beautiful eyes and you swallow. You nod and say gently, "I heard what you said last night," you watch Woohyun's expression change into surprise, "and I want to say gomawo and mianhe.

"Mianhe for not loving you the way you loved me," tears start forming in your eyes and you inhale sharply to calm yourself. You continue, "and gomawo, chongmal gomawo for letting me go."

Woohyun looks at you and you look back at him with knowing eyes. He sadly nods and purses his lips gently. "Arasseo," he says.

The two of you are done eating and you bring the dishes to the sink and Woohyun follows. You want to still have good terms with Woohyun, but you didn't want to play his heart anymore than you already have, so you keep quiet.

Woohyun offers to wash the dishes, but you decline. Woohyun sighs and gives a small laugh, "Even though we aren't dating, I hope you know that I'm still your oppa and long-time friend. Now let me help."

You look at Woohyun and you both smile at each other. He could be dorky at times, but he was a friend that one would never let go because of his good heart.

You scoot over and he helps you rinse the dishes. The sun peeps through the window as you and Woohyun wash the dishes together as good friends.

After cleaning up the kitchen, you have to leave for work. You grab your purse and Woohyun grabs his jacket. Woohyun sees Sunggyu's aviator jacket and you pick it up. "Can you give it to him for me?" you ask while handing it to him.

Woohyun shakes his head and says, "I think you can hold on to it."

You're a bit confused, but don't give it a second thought as you put it back. Woohyun walks out the door and waits for you in the hallway.

You grab your winter jacket and then follow him, locking the door. You walk down the stairs together and on the way out, Woohyun holds the door for you.

"Kamsahamnida," you say abruptly. You turn to Woohyun and say, "I'm going to leave first since my shift starts soon."

"Arasseo," says Woohyun as he looks over your head to hail a taxi cab.

A taxi pulls over and you turn to Woohyun. "Annyeong oppa. I'll see you later."

Woohyun opens the door for you and you step inside. He says, "Take care ~~~-ah. I'll see you later."

"Kalke. I'll be leaving now," you say and he shuts the door. The cab pulls away and you tell the driver to go to the sports center.

You let out a sigh of relief and lean back on the seat, thinking about what you'll do now.