Sunday Night (2)

Feel so Bad

You sit on the couch, alone with your thoughts. You reach over for the remote. You switch on the TV, but you're not really watching it. Inkigayo is just finishing up. They're about to announce the winners. You look at all the stars wearing their flashy clothing. Then a bright red head catches your attention. It's Sunggyu. Suddenly nothing else matters. You just want to watch him. Watching the TV with your knees pulled up to your chest, he looks very anxious to see who won. You smile to yourself with sadness. Sunggyu always had to be the best in everything. You watch and the winner isn't him. He nods his head clapping along with everyone else. Then he leaves the stage and your eyes never leave his image on the TV.

Then the winning singer does their solo and you switch the TV off. You lay stretched out on the couch. Looking at the ceiling, you remember Sunggyu and you going on a date.....

 

You slipped on your black dress. It was a strapless short dress and you were already wearing your high heels in your room. It wasn't traditional, but then again, it wasn't like eomma was there. Looking at the mirror, you ruffled with your hair a bit and brought it to your front right side. You still needed to zip the zipper up in the back, but you couldn't quite get it since the back was a little higher than most dresses.

You heard your door creak open and you immediately spun around on your heels. You smile at Sunggyu , despite the awkward position your hands are in, who's peeking his orange-brown-ish colored hair. "Hey, Gyu."

"Hey. You need help?"

You had put your arms down and laughed to yourself in embarassment. Sunggyu saw you blush. "Yah baby, it's not a problem for me." Sunggyu walks towards you and you turn around so he can zip the dress.

"Don't zip it downwards Sunggyu," you tease.

He laughed and you saw his reflection in the mirror. He was shaking his head, smiling to himself. You heard the dress zip up and then Sunggyu wrapped his arms around you. Your back was pressed against his chest. After holding you to him while you both looked at each other through the mirror, he gently grazed his lips on your bare shoulders, and despite it being summer, you shivered. He moved his lips towards your neck and started to kiss you. You turned your head and allowed him for a bit. Then you turned to him completely and slipped your arms around his neck and kissed him. He kept an arm around your waist to hug you closer than you already were to him, and used the other hand to cradle your neck.

You slowly pushed on to him and he walked backwards, never letting you go. Sunggyu ended up sitting on your bed with you on his lap. You crossed your leg and gasped before you kissed him more. He eventually leaned backwards on the bed, and tugged you along with him. You followed, but slowly, not wanting where this was going. You leaned on his chest and gave him a peck and then got off of Sunggyu, who was laying on the bed.

Watching your feet so the heels wouldn't hit Sunggyu, you swung your legs off the bed so you both could recollect yourselves. Your chest was still rising and falling and you tried to calm your racing heart down. While you run a hand through your hair, you feel Sunggyu roll over on the bed and he hugs your waist. You looked down at him while he gazed back up at you. "You ready to go?"

"Ready when you are."

He got up and off the bed to stand in front of you. "I was ready a while ago. Just waiting for my beautiful girlfriend." He outstretched his arms and you took them. With you two facing each other standing, holding hands in your room, Sunggyu frowned. Before you could ask why, he said, "It's weird seeing you at this height." You smile and look at him. He was right, you were a lot taller now with the heels. "I like it when I'm taller than you," he said. "Don't wear any taller heels."

You smiled and hugged his arm and you two walked out of your bedroom. You and Sunggyu then headed out for a fancy dinner date and a clubbing night. The dinner was delicious and after a long night stroll, you and Sunggyu arrived at the club around 10:30 p.m. With the music blaring, you and Sunggyu danced with only eyes for each other. With his hands on your body, and your hands on his, it got pretty fun. After a while of dancing and a bit of grinding, you were tired and you and Sunggyu went to go sit at the bar. There was a couple a few seats away from you making out and Sunggyu kept looking at them. You stood up and went to go stand next to his stool since the music was so loud. "You alright?"

He pulled your waist towards him and he held you closely. Despite the noise, you heard him whisper, "Yeah."

You turned around to stand facing him, "What are you thinking?"

"I'm remembering what happened before dinner, at your house." Sunggyu slowly rocked you back and forth and you tilted your head letting your hair fall past your shoulders. You both realize how close the two of you are.

"Okay," you say, your mind started to drift towards earlier.

"You want a drink?" he asks.

"Yeah but nothing too strong. For me and you," you add. Sunggyu smiles and you remind him, "you have to go home sober tonight otherwise your manager's not going to be happy," you whine slightly.

"Alright. For you," he said. He left towards the left and you followed him until he had moved too far down the long bar. While he was gone, you watched the people dancing on the floor. There was a girl with a cute pink sequined dress that you like. Then somebody grabbed your attention.

"Hey."

You turned to your right and saw a nice dressed guy, with a bit too long of hair for your taste. "Hi," you said back.

"Why's a pretty girl by herself here?"

You smiled a bit embarrassed by his compliment, "Aniyo, I'm-"

"-here with her boyfriend," Sunggyu says. You turned thankful to see him. You didn't usually go to clubs, but when you did, it was usually with your friends or Sunggyu. Sunggyu handed you a glass with some wine in it and you clinked cups with him.

"Thanks," you say. You both turn to the newcomer, the man's confidence is now gone completely. You glance at Sunggyu and see him sizing the stranger up while he gulps down his drink.

"See you around, man," he says. Then Sunggyu puts an arm around you and you guys walk further down the bar.

After a moment or two, you say, "That was really cool of you Kim Sunggyu."

"Ara," he smiles at you, "I'm just a cool guy."

You giggle and then turn to Sunggyu, "I guess we should leave now so no one notices you..."

Then you and Sunggyu have to leave the club, but not without him dropping you off at your apartment with a kiss good night....

 

While looking at the ceiling, you sigh to yourself. You wrap your arms and rub yourself for warmth. The apartment suddenly seems empty. You look with anticipation at the entrance to the kitchen, as if expecting Sunggyu to walk out with a plate of chicken...or something. After a minute of looking at nothing, you turn away and fight the slip of a teardrop. Two weeks. Was that really it? Gosh you missed him. Where had things gone wrong?

Before you can think anymore depressing thoughts, your Samsung Galaxy S III goes off. You turn towards the coffee table and sit up immediately. You look at the caller I.D. You sniffle and take a deep breath. You make sure your tear-filled eyes won't spill and then you answer the phone, ending the tinkling ringtone.

"Yeobeosaeyo?"