Skip a Beat

Let Love...

 

They got a lot closer after that. Closer than neither of them expected. Day by day, Amber couldn't help but like him even more and Jinki just couldn't stay away from her. They were already too attached.
 
"Mrs. Kang, do you think Jinki oppa's willing to love again?" she was having a chat with Mrs Kang after jogging that Sunday morning.
"Of course, he's willing! But not anytime soon. Why, are you falling for him?" Mrs Kang looked at her with wondering eyes.
"No... not me. A friend of mine likes him." her voice was shaking.
"Well, you know what he had been through. I'm pretty sure he's afraid to love again. Afraid to get hurt again." Mrs Kang made lots of sense.
 
Amber lied on her bed still sweaty. What Mrs Kang said made her realize that liking Jinki was very wrong in the first place. She wasn't supposed to like him. She knew she could hurt him too. And she couldn't promise that she won't hurt him. She stuffed her face on her pillow. She didn't want to get out of her room the whole day.
 
"I need to stop liking people." she murmured then she heard a knock on her door that made her raise her head.
 
"Amber?" it was Jinki.
"Y-yes?"
"Nothing. Just thought you weren't there. I'm going out." he was only informing her.
"Okay. See you later." she buried her face again.
 
She didn't want to see his adorable face cos she really wanted to stop liking him. If she had to avoid him, she would. If she had to work late like what Jinki did before, she would just so she can forget her feelings for him. But that night, the moment she came out of her room was the same time he got back. She was planning to return to her room but he had already noticed her coming out.
 
"Have you eaten dinner?"
"Uh... not yet. I was planning to cook some ramyeon." she was forced to really come out.
"I'll do it." Jinki insisted. 
 
Amber didn't speak while having dinner with him and he didn't speak neither cos he felt like Amber didn't really wanna talk about anything. After washing the dishes, Amber watched some shows on tv to stop her mind on thinking of him. It worked at first but then he suddenly joined her. He sat next to her on the couch and watched the show with her. She couldn't focus on the show and Jinki knew that. He knew that there was something bothering her and he was waiting for her to open up to him but the show ended and she didn't say anything. They stood up to go to bed when the lights suddenly went off. Both were surprised.
 
"Amber, where are you?" Jinki was actually closed to his room so he had to carefully walk back to where Amber was.
"I'm right here." Amber was able to grab Jinki's arms.
"Good." Jinki was about to step backward cos he was afraid that he might step on Amber but he tripped in a way that he didn't know and so he landed on the sofa but since Amber was holding on to his arm, she fell right above him. Then the lights went on again. They realized that their faces were an inch away from each other. Amber, who was planning to forget her feelings for Jinki, felt like her heart skipped a beat which only meant that there's no way she could stop liking him. Jinki, who couldn't stop caring for Amber, felt his heart pounding really fast which only meant that it's not just "care" anymore, it's something else that surely he didn't want to feel. Amber got off of him and looked away.
 
"I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just... I'm clumsy." Jinki looked away as well.
"It's okay. Ugh... um... yeah.. good night!" Amber rushed to her room and so did Jinki.
 
"Yah, stop that irregular beating!" he was hitting his chest. That was what he feared the most-- he knew that sensation and he didn't want anything similar to it.
"You can't, you just can't." he told himself. He went to sleep hoping that the next day he'd forget.
 
Amber sighed. She didn't know what to do anymore. She wanted to stop herself and all her emotions but she couldn't. It was already there and she was completely aware of that. If she could leave soon, she'd probably forget soon but she didn't have much time to look for a new place. So she thought rather than escaping the fact that she likes him, she just accepted it.
 
"If it's meant to go away, it'll go away." she told herself. she didn't want it to go away though.
 
...
 
"Do you still like Henry?" Jinri was one of their customers that Monday. The weird thing was that Amber didn't know what to answer. She wasn't sure. For the past few weeks, after that night, she wasn't sure if she still had feelings for Henry. She shrugged and smiled. And Jinri didn't know what that meant.
"You don't know? What? Do you like someone else?" that was the first thing that entered Jinri's mind that surprised Amber.
"W-what? N-no!" She shook her head.
"No way... Eonni!" Jinri's eyes were wide opened.
"I need to work dongsaeng. Let's chat later, okay?" Amber went back to the counter where Min was.
 
"What were you two talking about?" Min asked.
"N-nothing." Amber's voice was still a little shaky.
"Try lying again." Min knew there was something.
"I told you, nothing!" Amber exclaimed.
 
So Min went to Jinri herself without Amber noticing.
 
"I think Amber eonni likes someone new." Jinri whispered to Min.
"Really?" Min was shocked, not surprised and Jinri just nodded.
"Who do you think it is?" Jinri was still whispering.
"Not sure. You got any idea?" Min asked back.
"Hhmmmm.... Lee... Jin... Ki... oppa." Jinri smirked.
 
"Where'd you get that idea?!" Amber asked the two as they strolled back home. The two thought that she sounded guilty so they didn't stop asking.
"Well, you don't hang out with anyone right now other than him." Jinri kept insisting.
"I don't like anyone not even Jinki." and Amber kept denying.
"Come on, Amber. It's so obvious. We're not the only ones who see it." Min patted her shoulders as she raised he eyebrows.
 
"Ha-ha. You won't fool me with that." Amber pushed Min's hands away.
"We're not fooling you. We can see it. The way it excites you whenever he comes to pick you up." Jinri started.
"Whenever he sends you messages or whenever he calls." Min added.
"The way he makes you smile." the two said in unison as they looked at each other.
 
"Is it that obvious?" Amber had a really worried expression.
"Got ya!" Jinri and Min said and laughed.
"W-what?!" Amber creased her forehead.
"We don't see anything but if that's how it is." Jinri was still giggling.
 
"So you like him." Min continued mocking her.
"I'm gonna tell Minho oppa about this." Jinri grabbed her phone.
"It's none of your boyfriend's business!" Amber took away Jinri's phone.
"Why do you like him?"
"Let's talk about this some other time. I'm running away!" Amber ran off.
 
"Should we tell?" Jinri looked at Min.
"No... We should keep it to ourselves. Well, bye Jinri."
 
...
 
Amber came home panting. Jinki easily noticed her so he checked on her.
 
"You alright?" Jinki asked as he walked toward her.
"Huh? Oh, yeah. Just escaped from Jinri and Min." she answered still panting.
"Why?"
"They were teasing me." Amber shook her head.
"Thought you were hiding from someone." Jinki laughed.
"I have never done anything so wrong to hide from someone."
"Me neither." Jinki said that made Amber laugh.
 
'How can he make me laugh?' she asked herself. Like what Jinri said before, his jokes weren't the funniest but he was still able to make her laugh. But she thought that it's probably because she laughs at anything as long as she knows it's a joke.
 
"I wasn't joking." Jinki stated.
"It's funny for me." Amber walked to her room smiling that in a really weird way made Jinki smile as well. He wanted to hate it but how can he hate a smile?
 
"Gives me headaches." he massaged his own head.
 
 
...................................
 
Busy busy busy busy busy week.
Not really but since I'm a Filipina living in Italy, I had to work a little more harder than most of my Italian classmates. It's hard but I can manage :)
Still reading anyone? o.O
 
xdorkyx
x