The Wedding

Let Love...

 

Jinki found himself walking into a small chapel, like what he and Amber planned, with his parents beside him and walking with him down the aisle toward the altar. He looked at both sides and was able to recognize everyone there. Mrs Kang from his old apartment, Sunkyu from Sweet Desserts, Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were there, Seungyeon and Nicole were next to them, his dear dongsaengs Taemin, Minho and Key and Jonghyun who were just with him moments ago. Henry was with Alice smiling at him and Kris... he saluted Jinki with a mocking smirk. Then there, at the end of the aisle, as his best man, was Joon. They shook hands with tiny chuckles. He hugged his parents before they went to the places. Then Joon gave him a microphone. He had always wanted to sing at his own wedding, a dream that only Joon knew, though Amber wanted it to be a famous singer, he was sure Amber would love it even more if she hear his voice.
 
단 한번도 말한적없지만 I've never said this before
사실 말야 난 그날에 To tell you the truth
이 심장이 뛰는걸 느꼈어 I felt my heart beating on that day
 
He sang as the piano played and the ring bearer and the flower girl down the aisle. Then the bridesmaids: Soojung, Jinri, Jackie and Min respectively.
 
처음만난 그 날을 기억해 I remember the day we first met
눈이 부시게 빛나던 그런날에 You came to me on a dazzling and bright day
내게 와줬던 고마워 니가 내게와줘서 Thank you for coming to me
 
The door opened. Jinki paused when his bride appeared accompanied by her parents. She was shining like the sun, moon and stars combined. He was left in awe. even if she was still few meters away from him, even if she had a veil over her head, covering her face, he could see how beautiful she was and with that white dress, she just looked gracious.
 
For Jinki, it wasn't the dress that made her look even more beautiful, it's Amber herself that made the dress look pretty. As if she was the missing touch of the dress all along.
 
Everyone had their jaws dropped seeing Amber.  The reaction Amber expected from them. But she ignored everyone and just looked ahead of her, where her groom was, holding up the microphone close to his mouth, but wasn't singing, obviously distracted by her. She saw Joon elbowing him that made him start singing again.
 
사랑은 내게로와 Love is coming to me
너를 이끄는 시간으로 It leads me toward you
영원히 깨지않는 It's feels like a dream that I'll never wake up from
꿈만 같았어 정말 꿈만 같아서 It really seems like a dream
 
In few seconds,she was finally in front of him both smiling at each other's sparkling eyes as if they were communicating in some way.
 
They stood next to each other in front of the altar taking small glances at each other as the minister started the ceremony.
 
Everyone gazed at each other with relief grins on their faces. The most contented ones were Min and Key. They were the ones who did almost everything.
 
When Min saw the red folder, she just had a brainstorm. She contacted Key first cos she knew he would love to help her with the wedding. They reviewed Jinki and Amber's wedding plans and divided the tasks. Then they asked the other to help, too. Even with their heavy university works and exams, everyone still made time to do everything in the folder: the tiny but romantic chapel that the couple wanted, the flowers--vanilla Eskimo sweetheart roses, and a small reception close to the chapel. 
 
They had the invitations made and sent them immediately to everyone in their list of names. Min was the one to call Amber's parents while Key called Jinki's parents. They informed them about their plan, about that whole trick of the wedding. Amber's parents arrived a couple of days before the wedding without Amber's knowledge. They stayed in a hotel close to the reception.
 
After Min picked up the wedding bands, she met up with Jackie and Amber's mom to pick a wedding dress. Amber wrote down some ideas of how she'd like her dress to be. She wanted it to be simple, not too elegant and not like those that the disney princesses would wear. She wanted a dress that shouts "Amber" even if she's not the type to wear a dress. She was sure that she'd find something that was always meant for her. And when the ladies saw that particular dress, they were sure it would perfectly match Amber and the simplicity that she wanted. The dress that the thought would be hard to find was there in front of their eyes.
 
Jinki and Amber faced each other and exchanged their vows. Neither was prepared but both said the words from the very bottom of their hearts, whatever they were feeling that moment and everything else, even the commotion. They said it all.
 
Yoogeun, the ring bearer, brought the rings to them. It was the pair of red gold rings with tiny round diamonds that they picked themselves and finally, they were able to put them on their right places, on each other's fingers.
 
Jinki's hand was trembling as he put the band on her finger that made her giggle, but she was just as nervous as him when it was her turn. They just got lucky the rings didn't fall.
 
It wasn't long when the minister stated "You may now kiss the bride."
 
Jinki flipped Amber's veil back, seeing her face even clearer, Jinki glanced at everyone who got their cameras ready before he leaned forward and planted a sweet kiss on Amber's lips.
 
Right after the flashes, Jinki pulled away.
 
"I now pronounce you husband and wife!" then everyone cheered.
 
After taking some pictures, everyone went to the reception. The music was a little loud but serene. Amber and Jinki sat at a round table next to their friends cos they didn't want to be the center of attention, though they still were, wherever they sit since it was their wedding. They didn't ask them anymore questions on how and why they did that for them, instead, the two just thank them. If it wasn't for them, they wouldn't be there. They wouldn't be married by that time.
 
"What are friends for?" Key sniggered.
 
They didn't notice that Soojung left their table not until they heard her voice saying "It's time for the first dance."
 
Everyone turned their heads to her, some giggling and some smirking, while the wedded couple were glaring at her. Sure, Amber liked dancing, but not the slow kind of dance and Jinki, well, he just had to left feet.
 
The two sighed since they knew they had to do it. Before standing up, Jinki lent his pair of sneakers to Amber cos he knew she was having a hard time walking on her glass slippers. They stood up as the song started playing. It was Madonna's Crazy For You. They walked toward the center. They smiled at each other awkwardly before Jinki put his arms around her waist and Amber placing her arms on his shoulder. They swayed still in an awkward manner but got used to it after a minute or so.
 
As the song comes to its end, Joon started clinging his almost empty glass of wine and soon the others followed. Jinki's and Amber's cheeks turned red from the thought. They weren't a big fan of PDA, but they were already married. And so Jinki tried to man up and gave Amber a quick peck on her lips.
 
"We want a real kiss!" Joon yelled and both just giggled.
 
The two looked deeply into each other's eyes. "I love you." Jinki whispered caressing her cheeks. "I love you, too." she whispered back feeling lost in his eyes.
 
Jinki slightly tilted his head as he slowly leaned closer to her while Amber closed her eyes. Soon, they felt each other's soft lips pressed against each other. Both had light smiles. The girls were busy saying "aw" while the boys were mocking the married couple.
 
They hugged each other tightly whispering how much they missed each other and how they would never let each other go.
 
Then the music suddenly changed to a dance song that basically ruined their romantic moment. Everyone glared at Key knowing it was him who changed the music.
 
...
 
"You two are in a really big trouble." Mr. Liu said after everyone left.
"I apologize, sir. It was my fault." Jinki bowed a complete 90° to show how sorry he was but Amber elbowed him.
"Stop taking the blame alone. I'm your wife now." Amber was scolding him in a really sweet way. Although she spoke in Korean, her parents smiled as if they understood what she just said.
"I'm sorry, dad, mom. We won't do it again. Promise."
 
"Here's our wedding gift." Mr. Liu handed them two tickets for a trip to Italy.
"For your honeymoon." Jackie interrupted teasing the two.
 
"Thank you so much, Mr. and Mrs. Liu." Jinki bowed a few times.
"Please, Jinki. Call us mom and dad. It sounds odd especially now that you're married to our daughter." Mrs. Liu said patting his shoulder.
"Alright, Mrs.-- I mean, mom." Jinki scratched the back of his head with a cute shy smile.
 
"We must go now. We need to rest early for our morning flight tomorrow. It was nice meeting your parents. And please, come visit us in the US." Mr. Liu shook hands with Jinki with a warm smile.
"We'll come and visit whenever we can."
"Enjoy your honeymoon." Jackie whispered to Amber before running out of the reception laughing crazily.
 
"Gonna miss you." Amber hugged her parents and said her farewell.
 
They talked to Jinki's parents afterwards. The wedding was basically their gift for them. Key and Min wouldn't be able to organize anything without the help of Jinki's parents. The money they used was from them. So they were so thankful for having them around even if the wedding was in a big danger.
 
"Take care of your wife, son." Jinki's mom said squeezing both of Amber's hands.
"Eomonim, you need not worry about me. I'm in great hands." Amber stated grinning innocently at her mother-in-law.
"You can run to us if ever my son does something awful to you. I'll always side with you." Amber chuckled at what she said. And she knew she wouldn't hesitate to run to her in-laws if ever she'd have a problem with Jinki.
"Appa, look at eomma. She'll choose her daughter-in-law over me." he glanced at his father with a fake frown.
"I'll side with her, too." his father said that made the four of them laugh.
 
"We're leaving." Jinki's mom wrapped her arms around her son and he hugged her back tighter. Though from that day on, he's married to Amber, he'd always be his mom's only child.
 
They bowed and waved as the car went off.
 
They glanced at each other smiling from ear to ear.
 
"Let's go home? Jinki asked raising his eyebrows and offering his hand to his wife. Amber nodded contentedly as she intertwined her hand with his.
 
Rather than doing anything that night, they just went straight home. They thought that their honeymoon could wait. All they wanted was to be home together and make up for all the lost time.
 
They changed to their matching pajamas that Key gave them and lied next to each other on the sofa watching the last Shrek movie. It was what Amber wanted to do. Cos with the movie, she could imagine having her happy ending with Jinki. Maybe not that moment, maybe not that day, but maybe in the future, near or far. Cos their story was just starting. And starting their fairy tale with a special event was already a good thing.
 
Jinki kissed her forehead as soon as the film ended. It was getting late and he was really tired from what they did that day. Amber turned the TV off and grabbed Jinki's left hand and held it tightly letting their rings touch and keeping them close like their bodies. They were happy and afraid at the same time. But this time, they knew they could face their fears together, that they're not alone anymore.
 
"I love you." he whispered with a weak but sincere voice, pulling her closer to him, not wanting to let her go.
"I love you, too." she whispered back closing her eyes wishing she wasn't dreaming and she knew she wasn't and even if she was, it's probably the dream she didn't want to wake up to.
 
Their heart beat like the tick of the clock. A little beat faster, maybe. Eyes closed, lips forming smiled.
 
Maybe, they still have lots of fears. Maybe, they could never be brave enough. Maybe, their hearts were weak. Maybe, they couldn't make it. But they didn't care. They'd just go where love would take them, somewhere they've always wanted to go to or to nowhere. They'd just let love...
 
FIN
 
yayy!!! I'm finally done with this story
Wait up for my new one. I'll probably post it before SHINee's comeback. Maybe when I start hearing some comeback news. Or maybe f(x)'s comeback. Idk.
love you all my dear readers.... thanks for being with me till the end. <3
hmmm.. hopefully the silent readers will comment on the final chapter.
 
In Your Eyes is still the song. I'm in love with that song. Then Onew sang it live last week on Sukira!!!
Oh yayy for Sulli and Krystal on Etude :)
 
xdorkyx
x