Mismatched

Let Love...

 

"First day..." Amber stood up from her bed and searched for clothes to wear. She entered the bathroom yawning. She took her usual 10 minute shower then changed. She went to the kitchen and grabbed her box of cereals and the bottle of milk. She went back to her room to get her bag and cap and then she took off. She decided that that will be her daily routine from then on.
 
Just after she closed their apartment door, Jinki's alarm clock rang. For that year, Jinki fixed his schedule to a much relaxing one. Since he worked until late, he made sure that he didn't have classes on his first two periods so he wouldn't need to wake up early. It was what he had always wanted.
 
Amber attended her first class with enthusiasm. She couldn't wait till she get the chance to hang out with Min and tell her "first day" story.
 
"Better than last year's." Keybum said as he walked with Amber to Min's table in the cafeteria.
"Just cos you weren't as nervous as last year." Amber joked with a little giggle.
"Oh, shut up." Keybum rolled his eyes and sat at the table.
 
"You two got the exact same schedule, huh?" Min guessed.
"Hey, at least we have two classes together." Amber sat next to Min
"It would be much better if I wouldn't see Key in any of my classes." Min looked at Keybum with a mocking smile.
"Hey!" he shouted.
"I'm kidding. You know I adore ya!" they were talking in konglish since both Min and Key knew english and Amber basically grew up in America. Soon, other friends joined them to chat and have lunch.
 
Jinki sat at the back in all his classes, he didn't feel like talking or interacting with anyone that day but no matter how he avoided his friends, they just kept coming to him. They'd all sat at the back with him, some even joked and sat on his table and on his lap.
 
"I get it Jjong, just get off of me." he gave his scariest glare.
"I knew you can't resist me." Jonghyun sat beside him.
"How's vacation hyung?" Jonghyun became serious.
"To die for." Jinki answered ironically.
"It felt really long I almost died."
 
Jonghyun knew what Jinki was trying to say. He didn't literally almost die, he just felt like his heart stopped from beating and that he couldn't live anymore.
 
"Want to go on blind dates?" Jonghyun asked with a smirk but Jinki just creased his forehead.
"I'm done with girls at the moment." he was more serious than Jonghyun.
 
"We're girls. Are you done with us as well?" a petite young lady approached him with her two other friends. The three had their hands on their waist.
 
"Taeyeon, Miyoung, Sooyeon. Of course not. You girls are special to me." Jinki smiled.
"Only exceptions as always. We knew it." they all smiled back.
 
"We're really sorry. We didn't know." Taeyeon placed her hand on his shoulder.
"Don't feel sorry for me or I'll feel sorry for myself.
"Don't be like that. It doesn't suit you!" Jessica exclaimed to lighten up their moods.
"Noraebang later?" Tiffany suggested.
"Work." Jinki simply answered.
"At the weekend then?" the girls really wanted to hang out with Jinki.
"We'll figure something out. The class is about to start. Let's chat again later, okay?" he was pushing the girls away that made them pout.
 
"I'm free later!" Jonghyun said jokingly.
 
....
 
Amber went to work with Min. They were inseparable but they were very focused on their job so the boss couldn't care less.
 
"It's been a week and you haven't met him yet?" Min was mopping the floor while Amber was cleaning the counter.
"Maybe we're not meant to meet yet. The right time will come." Amber smiled.
"Oh, I remember, did you get his name?" they haven't really talked about the whole new apartment thing for a week.
"His name? Jin... Jun...ji? I can't remmeber." Amber scratched her head.
"Your head's not functioning right." Ming laughed at her own joke.
"I forgot. I feel sorry for him though. His girlfriend cheated on him." Amber just thought that cheating wasn't right.
"That happens a lot nowadays. Like recently, Lee Jin--"
"Hey, you two, aren't you done yet?" one of their co-workers shouted from the changing room.
"We're done!" the two laughed and ran to the changing room holding their mop and rug.
 
Amber was home before 9.30 pm. She made some instant noodles for dinner since she didn't really know how to cook. It's not that she didn't want to learn, she just didn't have enough time."
 
"One day, we'll meet." she was talking to her bowl of instant noodles as if it was Jinki before taking in the noodles.
 
Jinki came home around 11 and Amber was already in her room sleeping-
 
"Oh, bed, we finally meet again. I missed you." Jinki threw himself on his bed. He fell asleep instantly. He felt really tired after that first day of a new college year.
 
...
 
"Good morning, Mrs Kang!" Amber bowed after running down the stairs.
"Looks like you're full of energy today." Mrs Kang was happy to see Amber all smiley.
"Shouldn't everyone be like me, Mrs Kang?" Amber decided to stay and chat for a moment since it's still early.
"Well, please spread your happy virus to your roommate. He's faking his smile a lot these days." Mrs Kang simply shook her head.
"I wish I could but... I haven't met him yet." Amber bit her lower lip.
"What? Ha-ha." Mrs Kang couldn't help but laugh.
"How is that possible?"
"I guess we're just both busy and maybe our schedules don't match either." Amber retorted.
"Oh yes, he doesn't have classes on first two periods." Mrs Kang remembered that Jinki told her his schedule.
"For how long has he been lonely?" Amber asked out of curiosity.
"I don't know. More than a month. It'll all be over soon. Though he could be 'allergic' to girls for a while if ever he recovers." Mrs Kang joked with a tiny grin.
"I wouldn't be surprised with that. Oops, I need to go, Mrs Kang. See you later" Amber waved at Mrs Kang as she ran off.
 
"He's quite very positive. Jinki really needs him." Mrs Kang whispered to herself.
 
There's no one day that their schedules match. Even during the weekends, Amber would leave for work around nine while Jinki would prepare breakfast right after Amber closes the door. Some circumstances they would see each other outside but of course they didn't know each other. One time was in the bus on a Saturday morning. Jinki was waiting for the bus to part but as soon as the bus started moving, a girl with chopped hair came running to stop the bus. Little did he know that girl was Amber. She even stood in front of him cos all the seats were taken and in front of Jinki was the only place with a little space. He even offered Amber his seat and she didn't hesitate to accept it. But they probably forgot each other's faces after that. Another one was in the convenient store. Both were at the drinks section. Jinki was picking something cold to drink after that long hot day. Amber was next to him with a basket on her left arm. Jinki looked at her oddly when he saw her continuously grabbing milk tea. She looked so happy. She even glanced at Jinki which kind of embarrassed her since she knew that he thought she was weird. He just ignored her since he'd probably do the same if fried chicken's on sale. They probably met few times more but they never put in thir minds those strangers that they bumped with.
 
Amber sat on her bed while waiting for a text from a friend but after waiting for ten minutes she decided to just sleep. She thought that she could read the reply the next morning. She was getting ready for bed when she heard him sing. Well, I won't give up on us even if the skies get rough I'm giving you all my love I'm still looking up.  Amber was quite surprised. 'So he sings. Not bad for a broken-hearted guy.' Amber giggled at her tiny joke. But she must admit, she liked his voice. It helped her relaxed especially her tired mind. His voice was very soothing that it helped her sleep.
 
 
 
........................
 
Okay, I know that's not exactly an interaction right above there but.... hihihi
And sorry if it's a little short. I'm not really sure how long it is.
I adore this chaoter's title just cos it's my word of the day. haha
I'll try to update another one within this week.
REAL interactions very very soon. :)
 
xdorkyx
x