Joon

Let Love...

 

"Don't tell me you're gonna work tomorrow?" Jinki's manager asked him as he put on his apron.
"Why shouldn't I, sir?" Jinki asked back raising his eyebrows.
"But it's your day-off tomorrow. You need to rest you know." the manager put his hand on Jinki's shoulder convincing him to rest. It's not because of the extra pay that they kept giving Jinki, they actually liked how Jinki works hard. But they were worried about his health. He worked too much and too hard and it might make him sick.
 
"Come on Jinki, stay at home tomorrow. Watch tv or sleep all day. Do it for me." the manager was basically pleading him.
"Just tomorrow. I won't do it again." Jinki stated surer than he ever was.
"What? No. Vacation's almost over. You'll be pressured even more. Back to your old shift and day off." the manager reminded him. He's been through that stage so he knew what Jinki was doing to himself.
"You're probably right, sir. I'll do what you say." Jinki forced a smile. He didn't know how to survive a not so stressing school year though he'd probably have some things in mind to make him busy.
 
"Welcome to Myrtle Cafè!" he greeted and bowed to everyone who entered their cafè.
 
==
 
Amber finished working at 6. She met up with Min outside the coffee shop and strolled to Min's place. Min was actually working with her but it was her day off that day. On their way, Amber started telling Min what happened to her the day before.
 
"You what?! You're crazy!" Min held Amber's shoulder and shook her really hard.
"Relax, I'm sure that nice lady wouldn't find out." Amber sounded so sure alright.
"What if she finds out? She'll probably throw you out like last time." Min didn't want her friend to get in trouble.
"Don't you know me? I'm tough and strong. I can survive on my own and.... if all else fail... I still have you." Amber grinned like a child.
"We'll see. Oh, and your roommate? Is he cute? What's his name?" Min remebered that if Amber's living with someone in a guy's apartment, it'd be a guy for sure.
"I haven't met him yet nor have I seen his face. I'll ask the apartment lady about him. I'm hungry, can we eat dinner early?" she rubbed her tummy.
"I'll tell grandma." Min shook her head.
 
Min and Amber chatted about their preparation for their next year in college. Amber was majoring arts while Min was music. Amber goes to an international university since she's positive that she wouldn't pass the entrance exam of a regular Korean university. She met Min in hig school where they were classmates and basically brought them close for the past years. Min chose to go to the same university that Amber chose cos she didn't want to be too apart. They already had different courses, they didn't want to have different universities.
 
==
 
"Want to come with me and have fun?" Joon suddenly appeared in front of him when he walked out of the cafè.
"No time for fun." Jinki continued walking and ignored his friend.
"What? Come on. We haven't gone out for a while." Joon followed him.
"Not my fault you're always with your girl." he was basically acting rude.
"Not my fault you always ignore my calls and messages and... I miss my best friend." Joon was doing his sweet-talk to Jinki and he had never failed.
"What do you have in mind?" Jinki put his arms across his chest as he turned to Joon.
 
Joon smirked and strated pulling Jinki. Joon brought him to the restaurant they always went to. Obviously it's Joon's treat since he's the one who insisted.
 
"How's your heart?" Joon asked after grabbing his chospticks.
"It's still functioning pretty well." he answered sarcastically.
"Jinki, it's been a month. Get over it." Joon just couldn't eat with their topic.
"I will... I know I will." Jinki faked a smile and started eating. 
 
He told Joon corny jokes to lift up the atmosphere and it worked. Joon just couldn't get his humor though Jinki tells the corniest of all jokes. They became friends cos of the friendly vibes he felt when he's around Jinki. His joked made him laugh all the time. Joon was the only person who laughs when nobody else doesn't. He gets Jinki and Jinki gets him. Jinki would tell him his problems but he would never ask for advice. He'll always say "I just want it all out. That's all." and Joon respected that but as a good friend, as Jinki's best friend, he'd always find a way to secretly help him like what Jinki does. People might call it bromance but they call it a lifetime friendship... a sort of brotherhood. Even if both were dating, no one would leave the other behind. It always needs to be next to each other. Walking beside each other. That's how their friendship worked.
 
"Mrs Kang!" Amber called when she saw her at the entrance shrieking like a girl then she remembered she was pretending to be a guy to Mrs Kang
"Oh, Eunyoung. How's your day?" Mrs Kang smiled.
"Tiring. And yours?" Amber asked curiously walking toward the lady.
"So-so. Have you met Jinki?" she accompanied Amber to her apartment.
"Jinki?" Amber creased her forehead as she looked at Mrs Kang.
"I assume not yet. Your roommate, his name is Lee Jinki." Mrs Kang laughed at the thought that they haven't met each other. Amber shook her head with an odd smile.
 
"Mrs Kang, I'm just curious... what is he like?" Amber wanted to get information for Min.
"Oh, he's quite special in a good way. He knows when to be serious and when to joke. He's very nice and polite. Very loving and caring. He's a happy person. But right now he's going through something..." Mrs Kang paused and looked at Amber to see if she's still listening.
"A month ago, he caught his girlfriend cheating on him with his two eyes. He loved the girl so much that it hurt him too much. They dated for 2 years... Now, he's trying to forget that's why you don't get to see him arrive early. It's cos he makes himself busy from the moment he wakes up till the moment he falls asleep. He wants his mind to keep working and to forget bad memories.".
 
Amber felt sorry for her roommate after hearing the story. She didn't really expect that kind of story. She felt like her heart broke for the guy and that she herself would probably forgive but not forget.
 
"You... are you dating anyone right now?" Mrs Kang suddenly asked that surprised her.
"Ugh... No, right now no, but I do like someone." Amber had in mind her secret crush.
"That's good. And please do try to understand Jinki." Mrs Kang held her hands.
"I will, Mrs Kang."
 
Amber went in the apartment hoping that her roommate was already home so they could talk but he wasn't. Amber was too tired to wait for him and her eyes were dragging her to sleep. So she took a quick shower, brushed her teeth, changed to her pajamas and went straight to bed. After a second of closing her eyes, she heard the door slammed.
 
"Jinki? Let's chat tomorrow." Amber murmured and closed her eyes again.
 
"And your roommate, where is he?" Joon asked as he sat on the couch.
"Probably in his room." Jinki retorted after grabbing a glass of water.
"Let's go talk to him." Joon was about to stand up but Jinki stopped him.
"I'm sure he's already asleep so don't even try." he warned and sat next to Joon.
"Okay. Let's watch TV." Joon grabbed the remote but when he glanced at Jinki, he was glaring.
"Low volume, got it."
 
Jinki stayed with his friend and watched TV. They laughed at themselves for no reason. It was that communication of the two of them that nobody else understood.
 
"I really missed you, Jinki." Joon lightly punched Jinki's shoulder.
"Ouch, hyung, that hurts." and Jinki rubbed his shoulder.
"Yes, of course, you wouldn't tell me anything." Joon rolled his eyes as if they were a couple fighting.
"Yeah, yeah, I missed you too, hyung." Jinki yawned..
 
Amber giggled after hearing their conversation. She wasn't really able to sleep after the two came so she just listened to their tiny chat hoping that it'd help her get to sleep.
 
'Do guys really talk that way?' she asked herself still giggling. She hangs out with lots of guys but that was the first time she ever heard of such conversation. But she enjoyed it and like what she expected, it helped her fall asleep. It kinda eased her in some way.
 
"You live in the same building, same floor. I mean, it's just across mine, hyung. Go sleep there." Jinki was pushing Joon out of his apartment.
"I want to live here." Joon stated as if he was serious.
"You should've moved in 2 months ago when Taemin left." Jinki raised his eyebrows.
 
"Come on, hyung. I'll go straight to you tomorrow, okay? Good night." Jinki didn't stop pushing him until he was finally out of the door.
"'Night!" Jinki closed the door.
 
==
 
Amber went out of her room that morning feeling like she's all alone. She grabbed some biscuits and a glass of milk before rushing off to work.
 
Jinki stretched his arms and yawned. He got up from his bed remembering that he's not workign that day.
 
"I should wake joon hyung up." he went out of his room hoping that he'd finally meet his new roommate.
"Has he left already?" he scratched the back of his head with an odd expression.
 
He went straight to Joon's place. He tip-toed to his room and found him sleeping soundly.
 
"1, 2, 3.... WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" Jinki threw himself over Joon's body.
"Ahhh!!! Yah, Lee Jinki!" Joon shouted.
"Told ya I'd go straight here." Jinki laughed evilly not getting off of Joon.
"Don't you have work today?" Joon mumbled on his pillow.
"Day off. Come on, let's have breakfast together." Jinki sat on the bed and started shaking Joon.
"Here's a plan: you make our breakfast and I sleep." Joon said with his eyes closed.
"Alright, alright." Jinki went to the kitchen. He searched for ingredients that he might need for cooking.
 
Right after he finished cooking, Joon came out of his bed room.
 
"What's for breakfast?" Joon asked in english.
"Kimchi jigae. How do you say that in english?" Jinki was practising his english with Joon.
"I don't know. You're better than me in some ways. Find out yourself." Joon laughed as he grabbed two bowls for the two of them.
"Have you found a new job?" Jinki sat at the table across Joon.
"Not yet. Hope I'd find one this month. Can't graduate without a job." he answered sarcastically with a smirk.
"I'll help you whenever I have a chance."
"Yeah, right. You're too busy with work and you'll be much busier when the new school year starts." Joon satrted eating as he shook his head.
"If I tell you I'll help you, I'll help you. I promise you that." Jinki started eating as well.
 
 
...........................
 
2nd chapter done... interactions soon :)
 
Happy Birthday SHINee's Almighty Key
I will always love KeyBer.....
 
comments... I'll be waiting haha
 
xdorkyx
 
x