I didn't see anything

Let Love...

 

The next day, Amber felt like she was back to her old routine though she knew that only her morning routine would remain cos her nights would be different, and also her weekends. She took her last step down the stairs and there, at the reception was Mrs Kang looking at her with both of her eyebrows raised. She tried to pass through her without any eye-contact but...
 
"Yu Eunyoung... come here." Amber smiled oddly and walked toward the ahjumma.
"Mrs Kang." Amber called her as cute as she could.
"Don't 'Mrs Kang' me. Jinki told me about your little lie." Mrs Kang had her arms crossed and her right foot tapping the ground.
"He did?! I told him not to." Amber looked away.
"Ah, so you wanted to keep lying to me." she got even more furious.
"No, no, it's not like that Mrs Kang!"
"If it wasn't for Jinki. I wouldn't let you stay." Mrs Kang stated that made Amber sigh in relief.
 
"I'm really sorry for lying to you, Mrs Kang. Promise I wouldn't do it again."
"You better not. I don't just let girls live here." Mrs Kang was even nice to her. She could've been kicked out again if it wasn't for Jinki.
"Aren't you late for school or something?" Mrs Kang reminded her.
"Ah, yes, thank you so much, Mrs Kang!" Amber bowed as she ran away.
 
"Great, I owe him again." she sighed.
 
At university, Amber had her full attention on the lesson cos she knew later she'd most probably have fun again with Min and her other friends. And she did during her vacant periods.
 
"Why aren't you answering my calls and texts yesterday?" Min asked as they walked to their next class.
"Oh, I forgot to tell you, I finally met Jinki the other night." Amber said walking carelessly.
"You did?!" Min was obviously surprised.
"Yup. And guess what, at first look, he knew I'm a girl!" Amber glanced at her friend as she continuously walked.
"He's awesome then." Min joked.
"Yeah, I know. In fact he's letting me stay even after he found out." Amber just couldn't agree more.
"He's too nice. Everyone knows that. Hey, you might fall for him with his kindness." Min was mocking Amber.
"He's nice but he's not my type and... I'm not his type either. He said so last night." Amber rolled her eyes like a really rich brat.
"Ha-ha. I knew it!" and Min just continued mocking.
 
Amber was a bit curious of how everything wasn't a big deal for Jinki nor to her. Well, maybe a little, it mattered to her. She thought that maybe, for other people it would be a really big trouble but for them, it wasn't. They were already comfortable around each other. Or it was just her amd Jinki didn't want her to know how he really felt about the whole thing. A lot of weird things just kept running through her mind and she was thinking if Jinki was thinking that it's a bit strange as well.
 
 She walked hom and bumped with Jinki near the bus stop and so they walked home together, in silence though. Jinki didn't know what to say to her since she's not his girlfriend or anything. Amber, on the other hand, was still thinking. Jinki noticed that, too so he didn't really bother.
 
"Jinki..." Amber called him as she sat at the table.
"Yah, I'm an oppa." and Jinki was still cooking their dinner.
"Aish... Oppa... doesn't it feel weird?" Amber asked and glanced at Jinki.
"What weird?" Jinki had no idea what she was talking about.
"Everything. Maybe, it's really just me. You act like nothing happened. Like I've always been here." Amber was playing with her chopsticks cos she couldn't look at him straight in the eyes. Jinki lowered the fire.
"I had seen you too many times. I felt like I've known you for years. I don't know." Jinki wasn't looking at her either.
"That's much more weird. Cos I've only seen you once before and that was at the convenient store." Amber tried remembering him from the past but she just couldn't see his face at any angle of her mind.
"Maybe you just forgot. I don't remember if I had seen you a year or two years ago but for the past 2 months, your face became so familiar to me." Jinki turned off the stove and brought the pot to the table.
 
"Is it that strange for you?" Jinki asked.
"Uh-huh. But let's talk about it later. I'm hungry." Amber started before Jinki and he just laughed at her.
 
Like always, Amber would shower before sleeping and so she did as well that night. Jinki was finishing up some reports in his room then he remembered that he left his phone in the bathroom. He didn't know that Amber was inside and Amber, for the first time in centuries, forgot to lock the door. When Jinki opened the bathroom door, he saw Amber putting on her shirt that both surprised them. Jinki immediately closed the door while Amber rished on putting on her shirt.
 
"I'm sorry!" Jinki shouted before running back to his room.
 
"I didn't see anything! I didn't see anything!"
 
He kept saying with his hands hitting his eyes. Jinki didn't really see anything but her tummy. But he was over thinking on what he saw. Amber was blushing so hard inside the bathroom.
 
"Why are you blushing? Even if he saw something there's nothing much to look at!" she said to her own reflection with her cheeks so red.
"What are you talking about?! You're a girl and he's a guy. Of course, there's somethign wrong!" she was shouting but Jinki couldn't hear her since he was still shouting at himself as well.
 
They came out at the same time. They avoided eye-contacts and kept scratching the back of their heads.
 
"I'm really sorry. I should've knocked first. I just got used of just opening the bathroom door without knocking since, you know, I lived here alone for few months." he was giving his awkward smile and giggle.
"You shouldn't be sorry. I'm the one who forgot to lock the door. No big deal." Amber said doing the same this as Jinki.
"Still. I should remember that I'm living with a girl now."
"As long as you didn't see anything, it's fine with me... you didn't see anything, right?" Amber looked at him really curiously.
"No! No! I didn't see anything... a glimpse of your tummy maybe... I didn't see anything other than that. I swear!" Jinki raised his right hand.
"It's all good then. Good night!" Amber ran to her room.
 
Jinki went to the bathroom and grabbed his phone.
 
"This is the last time you'll forget something in the bathroom. You hear that, Lee Jinki!" he was scolding at his reflection.
 
 
................................
 
Short cos if I add the other part it will be too long so yeah. hope you like this chapter.
 
So who watched To The Beautiful You? I did! Too bad it's done. I want more.
I honestly didn't fell in love with Minho but I did adore Sullu even more. :)
 
xdorkyx
x