Break Up

Let Love...

 

Amber and Kris met up at the shopping district. Amber was Kris' tour guide for the day. Amber just really missed going shopping there so it didn't feel like she was his tour guide cos she enjoyed the tour too.
 
Kris was a cool guy, she thought. Every guy friend she had was cool for her. As long as she get along with the person well.
 
"Your boyfriend didn't mind?" Kris asked as they sat down for some bubble tea.
"Yeah. He knew that I'm just being nice." Amber replied.
"Was he jealous of me?" Kris asked then took a sip of his tea.
"A little." Amber giggled.
 
Kris asked he what their story was. Amber didn't really know if she should tell him cos other than the reason that they just met, Kris is also a guy and she didn't think it's that "cool" to tell a guy about her relationship. It's just really weird for her but he kept asking so in the end, she told him a short story. A little of how they met, when they started dating, the most tragic thing that happened to their relationship and how he took him back to Korea. She didn't really want to tell him about the wedding that will soon happen cos that's just too much information and a little embarrassing too.
 
Kris was contented with her story. Amber was planning to ask him for a story about himself but he suddenly stood up and said that he wanted to go home. And again, he insisted to take her home cos he thought that's what gentlemen do. Amber really wanted to refuse but Kris just kept looking at her with his puppy like eyes. But she just had a feeling that Jinki wouldn't be happy about that.
 
And she was right, cos when she arrived in front of the gate with Kris, Jinki was already outside the house.
 
"Bye." Amber waved at Kris and rushed inside. 
 
Jinki didn't want to start a fight so he just kept silent and acted as if seeing them together didn't affect him. But Amber knew it was a big deal for him so she started talking to him again.
 
"I told you, I'm alright with it." Jinki said putting the two dogs down on the sofa.
"I can see if you're lying, you know!" Amber exclaimed. 
 
Then from that, it became a huge argument. Both tried not to shout but both still wanted the other to know that they're mad so without yelling, they expressed their anger through the tone of their voices.
 
"Why do you get jealous a lot these days? Don't you trust me anymore?" Amber asked frowning.
"Of course, I trust you. I still do!" he answered almost sounding frustrated.
"Then stop getting jealous over a nobody!"
"I've stopped so you should stop, too."
"Of what?
"Of bringing the topic up every time!" Jinki was starting to raise his voice.
"Oh, so now I'm the wrong one. Huh!" Amber turned her back on him.
 
"Stop being immature, Amber." Jinki followed her and grabbed her arm.
"Me? Immature? I can't take this anymore!"
"I can't take this anymore, too."
"Well, maybe... maybe we should break up!" Amber yelled out.
"Maybe we shou--what?!" Jinki widened his eyes.
 
"I... I don't understand." Jinki's voice started to tremble.
"You heard me. Let's break up." Amber said again before leaving the house again.
 
Jinki creased his forehead still not sure if he heard it right. But then, the words just echoed in his head over and over again. And so he decided. He went to his room and took his suitcase. Then he started packing his things. He didn't know what entered his mind, other than her words. He just felt like he couldn't stay there if Amber was living there with him. He thought that it wouldn't solve anything.
 
"Bye, babies." he lightly patted the dogs' heads.
 
He sighed and opened the door. He looked back to look around before he closed the door behind him.
 
...
 
"Hyung?" Key looked at him oddly when he saw him standing in front of his apartment.
"Can I crash in?" Jinki asked biting his lower lip.
 
Key continued looking at him strangely and it wasn't long when he spotted his suitcase. He made way for Jinki and inside they talked.
 
"What happened?" Key asked as both of them sat on the couch.
 
Jinki told him what happened. How Amber broke up with him for being jealous over Kris and how he felt really stupid and useless.
 
"She couldn't have broken up with you for that reason. She's not that kind of girl." Key defended Amber. He just knew how Amber was and he couldn't believe it.
"But that's the only thing we fought about." Jinki said burying his face in his palms.
"I'm pretty sure you didn't get jealous for a simple thing." and Key also knew Jinki too well.
 
Jinki glanced at Key and explained what he was really feeling. He admitted that it wasn't just jealousy. He admitted that he was worried. Their wedding was getting closer and he was afraid that Amber might change her mind because of Kris and that the wedding wouldn't happen.
 
"Now... there... there won't really be a wedding." he covered his face again.
 
Key patted his hyung's shoulder. He didn't know what to tell him to make him feel better. He was just being the Jinki that everyone knew and that Jinki could only solve his problems by himself. But Key wouldn't just sit down and watch. Like every friend that Jinki had, he knew he had to do something.
 
"Thanks for letting me crash in here tonight, Kibum. I'll leave as early as I can tomorrow." Jinki said as he waited for the meal that Key was making.
"No, hyung. You can stay here until the night before the wedding. I promise you, there'll be a wedding." Key said holding up a spoon and pointing it at Jinki.
 
"What about Taemin?" Jinki asked.
"Taemin wouldn't be back till tomorrow but I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing his bed with you." Key said half-jokingly.
 
Taemin was sleeping over a friend's house so Jinki had the room and bed all to himself that night. He lied down in silence thinking of what he needed to do.
 
.........................
 
need to finish this story soon so I can start the new one. Done with the first chapter. I need to write at least 4-5 before posting it here. I'm that kind of writer now. hahaha.
Please bear with me till the end
 
xdorkyx
x