Quality Time(?)

Let Love...

 

The two spent their weekdays normally though when they're together, one would always bring an awkward atmosphere. And both wanted to take that away so at the weekend after work, Amber decided to invite him out to have fun.
 
"I know a great black noodle stand." Amber said with puppy-dog eyes. Jinki couldn't say no. He knew she was trying and so he came with her.
 
"Where do you work again?" Jinki asked as they waited for their noodles.
"At a cafe. Periwinkle. You?"
"Periwinkle? I used to work there but I was moved to their sister cafe, Myrtle." Jinki explained then he remembered something.
"I remember now. The day I left Periwinkle was the same day you came. If I'm not wrong, you're wearing the same hat." he flicked her black hat.
"Wow, you have a great memory. I don't really remember anything that day, not even your face." Amber was really amazed.
 
"Now, that was a year ago. I'm pretty sure I've met you even before that. I'll try to remember. You, too." Jinki said that sounded more like an order.
 
"I see our Eunyoung brought a new date. Where's the guy before? What's his name? Henry?" the owner of the shop was mocking her-
"Ahjumma.... This is Jinki oppa." she glanced at Jinki with her cheeks so red after hearing his name from the old lady.
 
"Here's your order." she gave them two bowl of black noodles.
 
"Who's Henry?" and she didn't expect Jinki to ask.
"No one." she started eating to avoid his questions.
"What the... you know about my ex, why can't you tell me your 'love life'?" Jinki had not touched his food.
"I don't have a 'love life' and he's not my boyfriend. I think that's enough explanation." she sounded a little mad so Jinki stopped asking.
 
"I'm sorry." he uttered.
"Why are you always sorry when you didn't do anything wrong?" and she sounded a little bit much madder.
"I'm sor--I'll stop talking now." Jinki ate without taking pauses that made him choke.
"Slow down." Amber said giggling.
 
"Up for noraebang?" this time, Jinki was the one who asked.
"I know a great place!" Amber exclaimed and started pulling Jinki.
 
"You're a cheerful person, aren't you?" Jinki said as they entered a karaoke room.
"Why shouldn't I? In this messy but beautiful world, everyone should be positive... You too." Amber said jokingly.
 
"You sing first!" Amber gave him a mic.
 
Jinki sang a fun trot song to match Amber's so called "positivity". And of course, Jinki didn't let Amber to just sit there and do nothing. He gave her the other mic for her to sing. She sang a ridiculous rap song and Jinki wasn't really contended and requested for a decent song. And so she sang a ballad: Se7en: I'll do well.
 
"Not bad for a girl from the US." Jinki mocked her.
"I had already told you. I'm taiwanese born american." Amber rolled her eyes.
 
After singing Psy's Gangnam Style together, they spent another 30 minutes in the noraebang and afterwards, they went for a short stroll to the park.
 
"We should do this on weekend mornings." Amber said.
"Are you telling me to exercise?" Jinki raised his eyebrows.
"I'm just saying. We'll have a better view when there's light." she stated with a pout.
 
Jinki just walked ahead of her. He liked walking. And so did she. They walked without speaking and just let the silence eat them. Both liked that feeling even if Amber was the type who liked chatting a lot, she actually liked the silence as well.
 
"Is this one of your hobbies?" Amber suddenly asked.
"I was kinda enjoying the silence." Jinki sounded really serious.
"Oh, excuse me." Amber looked away.
"I was kidding." Jinki laughed.
"What the...?!"
"Yeah, maybe." he answered.
 
"I enjoy this as well. We should really do this together sometimes." Amber was walking ahead this time.
"Should we? I don't think we should." Jinki kept jokign around.
"Wait up!" he tried to catch up.
 
Their days weren't as awkward as before but they still kept out of each other's business. All of Amber's friends knew that she was living with Jinki and most of them knew him. Everyone kept telling her how nice, gentle and polite he was and she just couldn't agree more. She still couldn't believe how he let her stay in his place after his awful experience with a girl.
 
"Or maybe he doesn't really consider me as a girl?" she mumbled that made her girl friends laugh at her.
"What's so funny? It's possible." she pouted. Her friends just shook their heads and went on whatever they were doing. Amber only thought of that since all his guy friends consider her as one of them.
 
So she confronted him one day though she didn't really think it was right. She didn't know what's right actually.
 
"Still with this topic? You weren't the one who broke my heart or anything. Why would I hate you?" he said not minding Amber entering his room without permission.
"Maybe... you see me as a guy." she was looking down afraid to look at Jinki while he finally turned to look at her.
"If I see you as a guy, we're not talking about this right now." 
 
And Amber knew exactly what he meant. She was really stupid asking him the same questions over and over again when she could just thank him and do nothing else.
 
"I knew you were a girl the first moment I saw you. Whether you wear a man's underwear or shirt or socks, it wouldn't change the fact that you're a girl and I'm very aware of that." he explained in one go.
"So will you please leave this room for a short while cos I need to finish this school report that's due tomorrow morning." he raised his eyebrows.
"I'm sorry. Promise! I'll stop asking. This would be the last time... Thanks again." she bowed and went out.
 
"I should've have just kicked her out." Jinki thought.
 
He'd probably have less problem or he'd be problem free. But he just put in his mind that mber was a curious and confused girl so he just tried to understand her. But he really wished she'd stop asking cos he was tired. For the last couple of months, all he heard was his friends feeling sorry for him or how he'd hate girls after that. But no, he wasn't that cruel and he didn't become stoic. He just became stronger and more mature. He promised himself that he wouldn't let himself fall so easily and that he'd wait till the right girl come but he wouldn't let that right girl come too early. Even if he felt like she's there already, he'd stop himself if he has to. 'There's no better time than the right time.'
 
 
.....................................
 
x