D-day

Let Love...

 

She walked with Min to work. They were already tired just from school work but they still had to work. The two wren't talking since they were both too exhausted to even open their mouth.
"I..." Amber was about to talk but sh was stopped by her sigh.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo..." their voices faded as they entered the cafè.
 
They smiled at each other and started working.
 
"Lee Jinki?!" Min surprisingly shouted.
"Yeah, Lee Jinki." Amber said his name again like it was nothing."
"You don't know him, do you?2 Jinri appeared in front of them.
 
"Dongsaeng, long time no see!" Amber hugged her.
"Oh gosh, your hair!" Amber was so surprised at Jinri's now short hair almost as short as hers.
"You inspired me." Jinri looked at her with a serious face but Amber didn't really believe her.
 
"Okay. I just wanna try a new hair style... but really, you don't know Jinki oppa?" she looked at Amber curiously.
"No, other than living with him, I haven't heard of him nor have I seen his face." Amber responded.
"You're roommates and you haven't seen his face yet? Wait... if you two are roommates... either you're in a guys' apartment or he's in a girls' apartment... I don't get it." Jinri looked really confused.
"Long story." Min and Amber said in unison.
"But how come you two know him?"
"He's an awesome senior. We met through common friends and I think he's really nice. Very well-mannered. But he's not the funniest guy out there." Jinri laughed thinking of Jinki's not so funny jokes.
"I knew him through singing contest. He's a great singer, you know." Min stated.
"Amazing voice. Though it's not the strongest, it still gives you that good feeling. It gives me chills sometimes." Jinri added.
 
"I've heard him sing recently." Amber said glancing at her friends.
"You have?" the two were surprised.
"Yeah, and I like it as well. He sang in English and his pronunciation's not bad... better than Jinri's." Amber explained.
"Oh, he's best in English... Hey!" Jinri creased her forehead with a pout.
 
"Let's chat again tomorrow." Min said as she stopped in front of her apartment."
"Tell your grandma I said hi!" Amber said and waved at her friend. Jinri did the same.
 
The two went to Jinro's apartment and continued their chat there. Amber told her why she's living with Jinki. Jinri also thought that she'd probably do the same if she has no choice though it'll be hard for her to convince anyone that she's a guy since she didn't have the androgynous looks like Amber's. Jinri promised that she wouldn't tell anyone about it cos Amber told her that she was still looking for a girls' apartment or a uni apartment to move to. And she was simply telling the turth. She checked the apartments in all over Apgujeong every single day to see if there were vacant rooms. Unfortunately there wasn't.
 
Days passed quickly. Amber didn't realize that she had been living in that apartment for a month now. So right after work that Saturday afternoon, she decided to have fun with her friends--karaoke, arcades and ice cream. She got back home around 8.30 and decided to take a long fun shower. She played with lots of bubbles and sang tons of bath songs she made up herself. "Saturday! Saturday! Today is Saturday!" She was singing like Rebecca Black.
 
Jinki arrived at 9. He was happy. The obvious happy face he had hidden for a long time. He had it on his face. He put his backpack on the sofa. He then had the sudden want to pee. But when he was about to touch the bathroom's doorknob, the door opened and his eyes instantly widened from what he saw.
 
"Lee Jinki? I'm glad to finally meet you. I'm Yu Eunyoung." Amber bowed as she dried her hair with her towel.
"Y-you... y-you're not..." Jinki was stuttering.
"You're not a guy!" and he finally said what he was trying to say.
"W-what are you talking about?! I'm a guy!" Amber was also stuttering but she tried so hard not to be so nervous.
"Don't you dare lie to me cos I... I just know!" he pointed at Amber.
 
"I'm telling Mrs Kang." he was about to walk out but Amber pulled his arm and stopped him.
"No, please don't!"
 
Both thought that that day wouldn't get worse but they wre wrong.
 
"I was just really desperate. I got kicked out from my last apartment. There's no vacant room in any uni or girls' apartment. I had no other choice. Mrs Kang thought I was a guy so I just pretended to be one." she said the exact words she told Jinri.
"Please don't kick me out! Promise, as soon as I find a new place, I'll leave immediately." Amber knelt down and begged that caught Jinki off guard.
 
"O-okay." Jinki uttered.
"I know you're probably anti-ladies right now but please, please, please don't kick me ou--okay?!" Amber raised her head and looked at Jinki curiously.
"Stand up please. I'm not mean to kick you out. I only wanted to know why you did it." Jinki explained as he helped her stand up.
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You wouldn't regret on letting me stay here." Amber wouldn't stop bowing.
"Just until you find an new apartment." Jinki reminded her.
"Yes, of course. I'm going to sleep now." Amber smiled really awkwardly.
"But it's still early. Have you eaten dinner?" Jinki couldn't care less of her true identity.
"I'm full. Let's chat tomorrow. Good night!" Amber didn't want to talk to him anymore.
"Goodnight... wait, what's your real name? You're not Korean." Jinki just had to know.
"Amber... Amber Liu. Eunyoung is the korean name my friends gave me." Amber replied slightly glancing at him.
"Amber? Cool." Jinki said and smiled.
 
Amber closed her bedroom's door and ran to her bed. He hair was still wet but she hardly cared cos Jinki was the only thing that has been running through her mind, not in the way she's in love with him but in the way that he easily knew she was a girl when normally everyone else thought she's a guy at first look.
 
"how did he...?" she asked herself. She couldn't really sleep immediately cos she just of that thought.
 
Jinki on the other hand was eating ramyeon without any worries. He put Amber aside thinking that Amber has the whole next day to explain herself better and he'd love to listen to her story. But for that moment, he just wanna enjoy his non-stress night.
 
The next day, Jinki woke up early, earlier than Amber so he decided to make breakfast not only for him but also for Amber. He had a feeling that Amber didn't eat much on any meal of the day cos he never saw much mess in the kitchen since she came. Amber got up and went straight to the bathroom and washed her face. She was still half asleep cos she completely forgot about what happened the night before. But when she went to the kitchen, everything just crashed.
 
"Good morning. Come, seat and have breakfast with me." he invited and she couldn't refuse.
"What do you usually have for breakfast?" Jinki put the kimchi fried rice on the center of the table as he sat down.
"Cereals, biscuits, coffee... I don't cook." Amber answered.
"If you do cook, we could've met a long time ago cos the smell of your cooking could maybe wake me up but you don't so..." Jinki giggled.
"Hey!"
 
Jinki stood up to grab a glass of water, when he opened the fridge, he saw like a dozen of milk tea. He looked at Amber raising his eyebrows.
 
"They're delicious." Amber had just started eating.
"You were that girl at the convenient store few weeks ago." Jinki finally remembered her. He didn't really think that his new roommate was Amber few weeks before cos Amber's a girl. He just thought that his new roommate just had the same addiction as that girl in the convenient store.
"You were the guy who looked at me oddly." and she remembered him as well.
"You usually come back home around 10 or 11. Why were you early last night? I've heard about your story and why you're doing all of that... just saying." Amber took in a spoonful of ric.
"I quit doing over time. And I wouldn't do it ever again unless it's really an emergency. Wait, why am I explaining myself to you?" Jinki creased his forehead.
"Because I asked you to?" Amber smiled.
 
Jinki smiled back. He wanted to talk to her more but then he saw the time.
 
"Oh no, Joon hyung! He's gonna kill me... Amber, can you do the dishes for me?" He remembered that he's going to see Joon that day.
"Ugh, sure, it's my honor." Amber started clearing the table while Jinki rushed to his room to change.
 
"Nice to meet you again, Amber!" he shouted as h ran to the door and vanished.
"You, too." Amber smiled and shook her head.

 

....
 
"What the hell, Jinki! You're the one who asked me to come here this early and you're the one who's late. That's not you, Jinki." Joon glared at Jinki when he appeared in front of him at the cafewhere Jinki was working.
"I'm sorry, hyung. It's just that I finally met my roommate and we chatted during breakfast." Jinki explained as he sat at the table.
"Good for you but what do you want to talk about?" Joon was still very mad at him.
"You still don't have a job, right? Well, I just found one for you." Jinki smirked as he looked at his hyung.
"Seriously?!" Joon's expression changed to a more lively one.
 
"Let me introduce you to OUR new boss." Jinki started pulling him to th emanager's office.
 
Joon knew from that moment that he'd be working with his best friend and he wouldn't really mind. He completely forgot that he was mad at Jinki and all he could think about was to thank him for what he had done.
 
"I promised, remember?" Jinki glanced at his friend who was still surprised.
 
Joon knew that Jinki wouldn't break his promise especially his promises to him. The two hang out the rest of the day. Of course, Joon was treating Jinki lots of foods. On their way home, Jinki told him about Amber and everything.
 
"So you're living with a girl?" that's the only thing that  Joon could say after summing up everything that Jinki told him.
"Yeah, it's not wrong, right? I mean, we don't sleep in the same room not even on the same bed." Jinki said kicking a pebble.
"I don't think it's wrong for a guy who just got over a break up..." Joon looked at his friend really oddly.
"What? Are you afraid that I might fall for her? She's not my type and I refuse to fall in love with someone right now." Jinki defended so sure of himself. He wasn't doing anything wrong as well so he thought he didn't have to explain any further.
 
...
 
Amber didn't leave their apartment that day. She just cleaned their place except for Jinki's bedroom of course. She thought that it's a way to thank him for letting her stay. She thought that it wasn't enough but she had lots of time to pay him back in the future.
 
After a long day of cleaning, she threw herself on the couch and heaved a really long sigh. Then the door suddenly swayed open that made her stand up.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo!" she bowed when he saw jinki with Joon. 
"Told ya she's not my type." Jinki said to Joon that made Amber glare at him. 
"I'm Lee Joon. Heard you're from the US." Joon spoke in english as he shook her hand.
"Amber. Taiwanese born american."
"I'm Lee Jinki. I'm korean." Jinki interrupted the two with his corny joke.
"Speak korean dwaenayo now?" he was speaking in konglish that made the two laugh.
"I just came here to meet you. So I'll get going. If you need anything, I just live across you." Joon smiled and left.
 
The two were left alone again. There were a lot of things Jinki wanted to tell her. Like during the weekends they should always have breakfast together. Jinki hated having meals alone cos he didn't enjoy it as much as he's with other people. He also told her that She can use the tv, she could ask him to cook for her whenever she gets tired of her usual, she could always talk to him whenever she needed someone to listen to her stories and that she could always count on him. Amber couldn't thank of any word to say but "thank you". She then told him that she cleaned the house except for his room. She couldn't enter his room since she respected his privacy.
 
"There's nothing private in there..." Jinki giggled.
"So whenever you have time, you can clean my room as well." he joked and hse pouted.
 
Jinki prepared their dinner while Amber took a  shower. It was a really relaxing night for both of them. Right after dinner, the two hang out on the couch and watched a late sunday night reality show. A night full of laughter, that is.
 
......................
 
Hurray for this chapter!
haha.. told ya I'll try to update earlier. and here it is.
That is all. Thank you.
:)
 
xdorkyx
x