Getting Drunk

Let Love...

 

Jinki came back with five bottles of soju with one bottle in his hand already empty.
 
"Joon hyung, get drunk with me!" he was still sober but it felt like he had been drinking 10 bottles.
"Y-yah." Joon got really preoccupied cos Jinki wouldn't come to him with soju bottles if he wasn't troubled.
"What happened?" Joon asked with a worried tone.
"Nothing." Jinki opened a bottle and drank it up not pouring the liquor into a shot glass.
"Hey, quit that!" Joon pulled the bottle from but he easily took it back.
 
"Come on, Jinki. Tell me what happened." Joon held his hands to prevent him from drinking again.
"She..." Jinki had a smirk on his face.
"She broke up with me. And to think I was ready to spend my whole life with her." he sniggered trying to pull his hands.
"What do you mean?" Joon was confused. He didn't know what he was talking about or what he planned to do earlier.
 
"You know why I prepared that dinner date?" Jinki looked at the older boy still looking back at him bewildered.
"To ask her to marry me. Now, you get it?" Joon loosened his grip with his eyes opened wide. Jinki took the chance to pull his hands and grabbed the bottle and drank it.
"Tell me... tell me everything." Joon held his friend by the shoulder and shook him really hard trying to bring him back to his senses.
 
Jinki took a deep breath before he started talking. He honestly didn't want to talk about it but he felt like he needed to take it out of his insides.
 
It never really crossed his mind before, proposing to her, not until that night when they were hanging out with their friends. At first he thought it was still early for him to think about marriage and that they were still too young for it. But then he loved her and he was sure, so sure, that his feelings for her would never change and that he knew he'd love her forever even if forever doesn't exist. He just knew that his forever was Amber and so he decided. The day after that, he bought the ring with the money he saved for his future. And a part of his future was Amber, he could just see it. He could just see Amber in every scenario he had for his future. When he saw the ring, that white gold ring, he just knew it would perfectly fit in Amber's finger. And that night, he asked his co-workers to help him set a romantic dinner for them. He said it was only for their 6th month. And they believed him so they helped. They didn't know it was something much more than that.
 
Then when Amber came, he didn't expect her to say yes or anything but she gave him the worst answer. She didn't even let him ask and just said what's in her mind before thinking it through.
 
"Didn't she think it would hurt me?" Jinki looked up at his hyung with his teary eyes. And that time, he was already drunk.
"Hyung... it hurts here. It really hurts." Jinki kept hitting his chest while Joon tried to stop him. He felt like he was being suffocated, like he couldn't breathe. He felt like his heart just stopped from beating and he just couldn't live anymore. It was more painful than the time he got cheated on. It was the worst pain he had ever felt.
 
....
 
Amber had started to pack her things. Her luggage was ready. She only had few things to pack. But she couldn't say she's ready. She couldn't be ready. She'd be leaving in three days and she wanted to spend her last three days with the people she loved, the people she's gonna miss the most. Although those people included Jinki, she just couldn't get near him. Not after what she told him. She still couldn't forget the look on his face when she left him. It hurt her so much.
 
Everyone heard about their break up and she wanted everyone to hate her. They might have talked about her and how cruel she was but they couldn't hate her after hearing her reason. They just thought she made a wrong choice. Out of all the choices she had, she chose the  worst, the one that hurt the most.
 
"Stupid." Key ruffled her hair.
"You can hug me, you know." Amber said half-jokingly and so Key gently wrapped his arms around her.
"Kim Kibum! That's my friend you're hugging. Let me hug her, too." Min said and ran toward them. Out of everyone, Min was the one to miss her the most.
"Stupid." she said. And Amber understood what her friends kept telling her. She knew she was stupid. She knew she didn't use her head.
 
When she arrived back home, Joon was in front of their apartment. She thought he was just gonna curse at her for what she had done for Jinki, but he had other reasons.
 
"Jinki needs you right now, Amber." Joon started. He was mad at Amber but it's her that would bring his friend back to his senses.
"He got himself drunk last night. When I left this morning, he was alright. But he didn't go to university. When I arrived home, he's getting drunk again." Joon wasn't trying to make Amber fell guilty but guilt was the only thing that Amber could fee.
"I'm late for work. I left him there." Joon walked away.
 
Amber dropped her bag and ran to their apartment. She didn't know what to do there or what to say but she just had to go see him. When she opened the door, she saw him sitting on the floor with his back leaning on the sofa. There were few bottles scattered on the floor but Amber couldn't care about those when she was too worried about Jinki.
 
"Amber.." he uttered slightly opening his eyes.
"I'm here." she whispered and hugged him. She knew he was too drunk to even remember she came so she took the opportunity to say and do everything that she wouldn't be able to do when she leaves.
 
"I'm sorry." she continued whispering to him as she hugged him tightly. She was surprised when she felt his arms wrapping around her waist.
"What are you sorry for?" he was obviously drunk with what he asked.
"For everything." she answered already crying.
 
"Listen to me." she moved back and caressed his face.
"I... I love you. Always remember that." Amber stated gently his weary face.
"I... I will." he closed his eyes.
"My breath stinks." he said and so both of them laughed.
"That's okay." Amber wiped her tears with a smile before planting a kiss on his lips.
"I need to go." she stood up but he just grabbed her arm and clung onto her. But she pushed his hand away and ran off.
"I love you!" she heard him shout softly.
 
She reached the main entrance and gasped. There stood Mrs Kang with her hands on her waist. She was obviously mad but Amber had to face her. She explained herself to the lady though she knew explaining things would never be enough. She was being unreasonable. She was hurting him and surely, he wouldn't heal soon. And it was even more cruel for her to think that she hoped he's find a new girl to love when he was so in love with her.
 
"Take care." Mrs Kang said and embraced her. She hated saying goodbye. She hated going away. She hated herself.
 
Jinki fell asleep the moment she left. When he woke up, Joon was picking the bottles up. He blinked for a few times before he could actually open his eyes.
 
"My head hurts." he said as he gently massaged his own head. Then a pillow cushion suddenly landed on his face.
"Ouch! What was that for?" he threw it back to Joon.
"Really, Jinki? Getting drunk during the day?" Joon stopped from picking the bottles and sat on the sofa.
"What time is it?" Jinki asked and adjusted to the sofa next to Joon.
"Half past midnight. You should go to your room and rest. I don't wanna hear from Jonghyun that you didn't attend your classes again." Joon patted his back but Jinki didn't move. He just stared at a blank space and smirked.
"I dreamt of Amber earlier." he said that surprised Joon.
 
"I dreamt that she came here and hugged me. Then she said she loved me." Jinki's grin faded. Joon had a feeling it wasn't a dream. He new that Amber really came there but he couldn't tell Jinki cos it would only confuse him and it would most probably make him lose his mind.
 
Jinki stood up and went to the bathroom to fix himself and get ready to bed. Joon just continued what he was doing and let his friend have the rest he needed. Though Joon didn't know why Amber broke up with Jinki, he didn't bother asking. The damage was already done and it's not like her reason would change things.
 
Jinki attended his classes the next day. He promised Joon and he didn't want to break his promise. It was visible on his face that he was troubled and tired. He had bags under his eyes. Everyone knew why but only few knew why Amber did it. What's worse was that Jinki was one of those who didn't know. No one tried to talk to him cos everyone knew he needed space and the time to be alone. It was new to them. He didn't act like that when Seungyeon cheated on him. Before, he hid his sadness. Though it wasn't convincing, it was enough to show his alright and that he could make it. But now, no matter how hard he tried to hide his sadness, his depression, everything just showed. It just seemed like he's ready to give up on everything, give up on life itself.
 
"Hyung, tell the manager I'll be late, okay?" Jinki informed Joon before leaving the campus without him. Jinki actually thought about everything that whole day. He decided to talk to Amber cos he honestly didn't believe her and he didn't even understand her. He just wanted to make sure that she really didn't love him or else, he could never move on and let her go.
 
He buzzed the doorbell and Jinri was the one top open the door.
 
"Where's Amber?" he asked before saying anything to her.
"Uh..." Jinri couldn't answer him cos she didn't know whether to tell or not.
"Where is she?!" Jinki asked again with a furious tone.
"A-at Henry's." Jinri was a little afraid of him.
 
He immediately left when he heard her answer. He didn't know what to think. He didn't know whether to think that Amber went there to just hang out with her friend she had always loved Henry and not him. He didn't care what her reason was, he just needed to confirm things.
 
"Eonni, why aren't you answering?" Jinri tried to contact Amber but she didn't answer. She planned to run after Jinki but she thought that it wouldn't change anything.
 
.......................
 
I'll try to update everyday since it's Christmas vacation and to end the drama chapters soon.
don't worry. All this drama will probably end on the next chapter as I calculated it.
Don't hate me.
 
xdorkyx
x