Henry's confession

Let Love...

 

There wasn't much problem after that. Amber was always with Henry and his college buddies on Sunday mornings to play basketball in the park. Jinki knew about it but it wasn't a big deal for him though sometimes it worried him cos they were all boys and even if Amber dressed like them, she's still a girl. But then, even if he didn't really know Henry that much, he trusted him. And even if he knew that Amber HAD feelings for Henry, he didn't care cos he trusted Amber more than anyone. What he didn't know was that Amber had not told Henry yet about their relationship.
 
The guys never asked Amber and she thought that they'd only laugh at her. She was almost literally one of the boys for them so she'd rather keep it and wait for them to ask. Amber respected Henry so she never asked him about his girlfriend Alice either, though she was sure it wasn't working as well as they were expecting it.
 
That cold Sunday morning, it was only Henry who came to play with her. Amber didnt mind . It used to be always just the two of them. After playing a match or two, they took a small break to drink some water and to chat. It was all hearty at first, talking about their college life, work and music. But Henry changed their topic.
 
"I honestly asked the guys not to come today." he admitted.
"Oh... why?" Amber asked and put down her bottle of water.
"I just really need to talk to you... alone." he answered and did the same.
"We could've done it some other time. Not on days we have fun with the boys."
"They suggested this themselves." Henry stated didn't know where to start.
 
"Tell me what it is." Amber looked at him in the eyes.
"It didn't work out well with Alice... Remember the night you came? We broke up that day." Henry looked back at her.
"I'm.... I'm sorry." Amber wasn't sure what to tell him.
"I'm sorry for myself too... It's my fault anyway... I didn't listen to my heart." he was shaking and Amber knew where that was going.
 
"Amber... I know I let you down. I know I disappointed you but... I just gotta say that... that I like you. I've liked you for a long time and I'm stupid for not letting you know earlier." Henry finally made his confession but it didn't surprise her. She had been expecting that day and she had prepared for it.
"I'm really sorry, Henry." she started.
"Maybe, if you told me two or three months ago, I would probably say the same thing but..." she paused and sighed.
"You see... I've been dating Jinki for almost two months now. I'm sorry for not informing you." she kept apologizing cos she still didn't know what to tell him.
"But I must tell you that I'm... I'm happy now... with him. I'm really sorry," she looked down didn't want to face Henry.
 
"Stop apologizing. It's my fault in the first place. I guess it's too late for the two of us." he put his hand over hers.
"Are you sure you're in love with him?" Henry asked half-jokingly.
"Yes, I'm sure. Never been this sure in my whole life." she sincerely replied.
"First guy to ever beat me, huh?" he raised his right eyebrow.
"You can say that." Amber smiled.
 
"Doesn't mean I'm giving up on you." he suddenly said smirking as he looked away.
"When you get tired of him, you can always come to me. I'll be waiting." he stood up and grabbed his backpack.
"I'll go ahead." Henry left Amber without turning back.
 
Amber sighed and fixed her things. She didn't know if she could ever get tired of Jinki. But she was sure she wouldn't feel the same as Henry like before.
 
Amber told Jinki what Henry did that morning. He didn't say anything. He just smiled at her. Telling him everything meant that Amber wouldn't keep any secret from Jinki and only proved that they had "trust" in their relationship. He embraced her tightly. He didn't want to let her go, not ever.
 
"Do you want me to talk to him and fight for your love?" he joked when he felt Amber wrapping her arms around him.
"No. I'll still choose you even if you lose though I'm sure he'll win on a fist-fight." she giggled at her tiny joke.
"Who said I'll go to him for a fist-fight?" he leaned back and looked at her.
"I'm too nice for that." he added.
"Yeah, you're right... He'll still beat you up for sure." Amber chuckled to herself so Jinki pinched her nose.
"Meanie." Jinki pouted.
 
"Bye bye. I'm going home." Amber took her bag.
"No, stay." Jinki grabbed her arm.
"It's getting later. And don't you have a test tomorrow? You should study." she ordered him and walked toward the door but Jinki just followed her.
"Let me send you home." Jinki put on his jacket and took Amber's hand.
 
Amber didn't stop him and let him come with her. They swayed their hands together as they walked to Amber's apartment. Amber loved how she could act all girly when she's with Jinki and not get judged by other people. She thought that, maybe, it had always been him. So what if she dated before him? She was just exploring the world then, but now that she's all grown up, she knew that what's in between them was love. She wouldn't mind defending on love. She's not afraid of the word "love" anymore cos this time, she knew "love" gave her the right person. And Jinki felt exactly the same. When he was dating Seungyeon, it didn't feel like anything close to what he was feeling when he'd with Amber. It was what he wanted all along.
 
"Go." Amber pushed him away when they arrived in front of the door.
"No." Jinki kept refusing but Amber kept pushing him away. Then he made a wrong step backward. He didn't see the stairs that made him almost fell down but Amber was able to pull him. Jinki was a step lower than her and their faces were an inch or two away from each other.
 
"Felt like this has happened before." Jinki whispered as he slowly moved his face closer to hers. Amber put her arms on his shoulder and she did the same. She closed her eyes as their lips touched.
 
"Excuse me." they heard Jinri's voice from downstairs that startled them both that made them almost stumble down. Jinri giggled and passed them like she saw nothing.
 
"I'll get going." Jinki whispered and ran down the stairs.
"Be careful!" Amber shouted.
 
She wasn't sure if she should enter the apartment. She knew that Jinri would be teasing her the whole night. So she took her headphones and put them on pretending she was listening to some music as she entered their apartment. She ignored Jinri and went straight to the bedroom. She kept her headphones on while she and Jinki chat through sms. When Jinri entered the room, she just kept her eyes on her phone so Jinri wouldn't have the chance to . She went to the bathroom still with her headphone on and come back with them on again. And when she took them off...
 
"I snapped a photo." Jinri showed her phone to Amber and there was really a photo of Jinki and Amber lips to lips.
"Delete that!" Amber was going to grab Jinri's phone but Jinri hid it behind her.
"I didn't and won't send it to anyone even if my hands are already itching." Jinri wiggled her hands.
"But still, delete that."
"I'll turn the lights off." Jinri ignored Amber and switched off the lights. Jinri smiled at Amber after glancing at the starry ceiling.
 
........................
 
I don't know what to say about this chapter. haha. I adore Jinri's character here. That's it.
 
xdorkyx
x