New Apartment

Let Love...

 

That Monday evening, Jinki wasn't able to pick up Amber since he had to work for another 30 minutes. And so before he went straight home, he bought her some milk teas cos he knew she'd love them. He tiptoed to her room and carefully opened the door. He frowned at the sight that welcomed him.
 
"What are you doing?" Jinki entered her room. Amber's suitcase was on her bed and her cloths were already inside of it.
"Come and sit." Amber was emptying her closet.
"Tell me." Jinki sat on her bed and had the plastic bag of milk teas on his lap.
"I was planning to tell you last Thursday night but I didnt have the guts..." Amber was putting her sneakers together.
 
"I found a new apartment." Amber faced him.
"What for? I told you, I like you here."
"I know that but don't you think it's a little wrong that we live together?" she sat next to him.
"No, absolutely not. It's not like we sleep on the same bed or something. We even have separate rooms." Jinki made a lot of sense but Amber just couldn't stay.
"I know that too but it's still wrong for me... I'll only be moving in with Jinri. It's really close here. And doesn't Joon want to move in here? Well, now's the chance." Amber took a bottle of milk tea from Jinki's lap since she just had sharp eyes.
"I've made up my mind so you can't do anything about it." she opened the bottle and drank some.
 
"When are you leaving?" Jinki was still frowning.
"Tomorrow night after work." she offered her milk tea and he accepted.
"Let me help you pack." Jinki handed back the milk tea before standing up. He went to her shelf and one by one, put the things in the box beside him. He pouted and sighed. He thought that that week would be perfect but no, Amber had to leave their apartment.
 
"Are you mad?" Amber started to help him.
"I'm not. I'm just... sad." Jinki turned away.
 
They were stuck inside Amber's room the whole night. There were a lot of things to pack. And Jinki felt like she wasn't gonna come back ever again.
 
Their brushed their teeth together but Jinki was still in silence. Amber didn't know how to cheer him up. She went to her room first and prepare herself to sleep. But the moment she lied down, Jinki came in again. She sat up as Jinki walked closer. He sat down on her bed before she laid her head on his lap. Jinki ran his fingers through Amber's hair as Amber stared at him with her lonely eyes.
 
"I'm gonna miss you here." Jinki uttered.
"Oppa, Jinri's apartment is only a couple of blocks away from here. We can still see each other anytime." Amber took his left hand and laid it on her tummy with her hand intertwined with it.
"I'm not stupid, I know that, but still... I'm gonna miss your commotion in the morning, even when you slam the door in the morning. I'll miss your milk teas in the fridge, your toothbrush next to mine.... everything." Jinki started playing with her hand.
"Ah.huh!" he exclaimed that startled Amber.
"Leave everything behind. You can consider this your second home."
"Everything?" Amber looked at him oddly.
"Few essential things. No, leave nothing behind. I'll take care of everything when you visit." Jinki was confusing her but she actually thought it was funny.
 
"Sleep now." Jinki ordered.
"This way?"
"Hush, just sleep." Jinki covered her eyes with his hands that made her giggle.
"Hush!" and before they knew it, they fell asleep at that position but Jinki's hand was then holding hers.
 
Jinki turned off the alarm clock. He looked down at Amber and saw her crinkling her nose with her eyes still closed. He squeezed her right cheek.
 
"Wake up." he giggled.
"Ouch." Amber mumbled but she didn't move so Jinki squeezed her cheek again.
"Get up and get ready." she rubbed her eyes and stood up.
 
"I'll stay here and sleep a little more." Jinki lied down and covered himself with Amber's blanket. Amber pouted as she grabbed her clothes and went to the bathroom. But before she left, she woke Jinki up.
 
"Should I move in this room?" Jinki thought it was ridiculous but he was considering it. He stood up and got ready. He searched for his phone. It wasn't in his room nor in the bathroom, so he went back to Amber's room. He spotted it on the shelf and so he took it. Then he noticed Amber's black cap and he just had to take it with him to university.
 
...
 
"You didn't do anything wrong... Well, not yet. But it's Seungyeon who made the mistake so it's okay." Nicole said after Amber told her what had happened.
"I don't know how to face her."
"You don't have to... It's her fault, and you have all the rights to date whoever you want and that goes the same for Jinki. It's been over 5 months. Let her face you." Nicole advised and Amber liked it.
 
 
....
 
"That looks like Amber's favorite hat." Jonghyun noticed as Jinki walked in their class.
"Does it?" Jinki raised his eyebrows and sat next to Jonghyun.
"It IS hers, isn't it?" she'd hate me when she sees me wearing this." Jinki took the cap off and laid it on his table.
"Hate you? She loves you." Jonghyun uttered.
"Love? Not yet." Jinki said back.
"It'll lead to that..." Jonghyun said half-jokingly but Jinki just couldn't wait for that to really happen. He wasn't sure if he's at that level already but he wouldn't rush himself cos he'll figure it out sooner or later.
 
Jinki picked Amber up at work. It was time to send Amber to her new home. So as soon as they arrived at the apartment, they went straight to Amber's room to take her things. Amber pulled her luggage while Jinki carried the box.
 
"Don't you notice anything new in me?" Jinki asked having the hardest time carrying the box down the stairs.
"Don't tell me it's your biceps cos I can't see it." Amber joked.
"No! That's not it. On my head." Jinki pointed with his lips.
"That's mine." Amber said when she saw her hat. SHe was about to take it but Jinki moved away that almost made him fall.
"Careful!" Amber got a little scared.
"I'm fine and I'm keeping your hat for tonight. You can have it back tomorrow." he walked ahead of her after taking the last step of the staircase. They were mocking each other on their way to Jinri's apartment that made Jinki forget how heavy the box he was carrying.
 
"Eonni!" Jinri squealed and hugged Amber after opening the door.
"Eh-hem." Jinki looked at Jinri angrily.
"Hey, Amber eonni's boyfriend." Jinri greeted him.
"I like that." Jinki smiled and entered the apartment. 
 
He put the box down. But before they started to unpack, they had dinner first. Jinri was all smiley. She liked the thought of having dinner with the new "lovely" couple and she wouldn't mind having dinner with them every night. She actually thought they looked cute together. A little cuter than her and Minho. She didn't really care.
 
 
"Why don't we have a double date sometimes? Maybe this weekend." Jinri suggested.
"Hmmm...." the two weren't really sure.
"Just say yes. I'm sure Minho oppa would love the idea." Jinri pleaded with her childish expression.
"Okay." The two said in unison.
"You two are so adorable!" Jinri grabbed her phone and called her boyfriend.
 
"Oppa! Guess what? Jinki oppa and Amber eonni want to hav a double date with us this weekend! I know right?" Jinri started giggling while the two just shook their heads.
"Okay. See you tomorrow. Miss you. Bye!" she hung up and smiled at the two.
 
"I'll do the dishes. You two go unpack." Jinri pushed the two away from the kitchen.
 
Jinki and Amber were quiet in the bedroom as they put Amber's things in proper places. Jinki started humming to Electric Shock and Amber listened but soon hummed along. Soon, they were singing the song together. After singing the lyrics, they laughed at each other for no good reason.
 
Jinri was just right outside, eavesdropping. She could never be against them cos she thought they were perfect together, perfect for each other. 'why did they happen just now?' she giggled then the door swung open.
 
"Really, Jinri." the two put their hands on their waists.
"Oops." she wouldn't stop chuckling.
"I'm going." Jinki waved at Jinri as Amber followed him out.
 
Jinki faced Amber when they reached the front door. He grabbed her left hand and squeezed it as he swayed it from side to side.
 
"Good night." Amber bit her lower lip.
"If you want to get your hat back... come to my apartment tomorrow night." Jinki wouldn't let go of her hand.
"I'll think about it." Amber looked away.
"Good night." Jinki stepped forward and gave her a peck on her forehead before he let her hand go.
 
"Eonni, I can't take it anymore. You two are too cute together!" Jinri kept squealing like a bird.
"Really? No 'welcome to your new home, eonni' or something similar to that?" Amber put her arms across her chest.
"Welcome to you new home, eonni! But still, I just can't..." Jinri embraced her.
 
.....................................
 
Sorry for the "late" update. I really wanted to update this last Saturday but I wasn't home during the weekend.
I always forget everything I want to say. Sorry if I dont make replies, too. That's one more thing I always forget. And if I reply in my comment box with all your names in it, that's just how I do it, not because I can't see the reply button.  haha. I'm weird.

xdorkyx
x