Comeback I

Let Love...

 

Friday came. Amber's family sent them to the airport. They actually expected their youngest to leave again, that she'd come back to Korea. They thought that she'd leave a little more earlier than that. They thought she'd escape and leave without telling them but they were relieved she was able to stay a little bit longer. They realized that she was just waiting for Jinki to come and get her. That it was their plan all along.
 
"It was a pleasure meeting you, Mr and Mrs Liu." Jinki bowed to them.
"The pleasure's ours." Mr Liu replied with a smile.
"I'll personally call you for the wedding details."
"I'll be waiting." the two shook hands.
 
...
 
"Amber!!!" Min ran toward her friend and welcomed her with a tight and warm hug. Jinki and Amber had just exited the airport but Min was able to spot them easily.
"Get off of me." Amber was choking as she tried to push Min away.
"I'll go call a taxi." Jinki said chuckling as he pulled both his and Amber's suitcases.
"Come on. Let's follow oppa." Amber finally managed to push Min away.
 
The two chatted in the taxi. Amber told her about her plane ride and how they were asleep the whole time. She also told Min about Jinki's sudden appearance in front of their home in LA: Min, on the other hand, told her some stories about Jinki during those months that she was away. Like how he would go to periwinkle to ask if Amber had come back or just to visit. Or when he'd text Min just to make sure she's not telling Amber his plans.
 
Everyone knew his plans. He just didn't want people to ask in the future. Amber was glad to hear stories especially the exaggerated ones from Min. Sure, Min came to visit her once in LA few months ago and they chatted online as well, but seeing her face to face was just so much better.
 
"Mister, can you stop the car here?" Min asked the driver.
"Where are you going?" Amber asked curiously.
"Jia eonni still doesn't know. I'll go tell her. See you later." Min waved at Amber before winking at Jinki that Amber probably didn't notice. Amber didn't know that the to had something planned too.
 
"Where are you taking me?" Amber asked Jinki after ignoring him for half an hour.
"It's a surprise." he responded with a sinister smile.
 
In a couple of minutes, the taxi stopped. They got off the car and pulled their suitcases. Amber didn't know where they were. Jinki suddenly put a sort of blindfold on her eyes.
 
"H-hey. What are you doing?" Amber was about to take it off but Jinki stopped him. He grabbed her hands and wrapped them around his right arm.
"Just walk and I'll lead you." Jinki said and chuckled.
"Where are you taking me?" Amber asked again as she started walking.
"I told you, it's a surprise." Jinki wouldn't stop giggling.
 
After a minute of walking, they finally reached their destination.
 
"Are you ready?" Jinki asked teasing Amber.
"Just let me see it!" Amber demanded and so Jinki took the blindfold off letting Amber see what he had for her. At first, it was a little blurry but after few seconds, she finally saw what it was. Her eyes and mouth had the same "O" shape. She found herself standing in front of a petite but beautiful light blue painted house with a small green garden in front.
 
"Is it what I think it is?" Amber asked not taking her eyes off the view.
"Depends on what you think it is." Jinki joked.
"Is it our... like... future house?" Amber gazed at Jinki still having her eyes wide opened.
"Future... hmmm.... could be but.... it's our home NOW, too." Jinki answered with his lips forming a smile. Amber jumped over him and hugged him. She didn't know why but she just felt really happy knowing what he had already prepared for her. It was something she didn't expect. Everything seemed to be a surprise for her... beautiful surprise.
 
"Let's go in?" Jinki patted her pony tailed head. Together, they pulled their suitcases inside the house. Amber just had a big smile plastered on her face.
 
They were welcomed by the simple living room that reminded them their old apartment but a little more spacious and had lots more stuffs. There was a set of frames with their pictures on the left wall where the TV set leaned. The beige soft sofa was bigger and had flowery pillow cushions. Adding to the beauty of the room was the big window across the entrance that just perfectly fill the room with sunlight. At the right was a small hall to the kitchen. It was a lot bigger compare to their old one. Even the dining table was bigger that at least 6 to 8 people could fit. Then there next to the kitchen was the staircase that lead upstairs.
 
There were 2 room with the bathroom in the middle. At the left was the master's bedroom that would serve as their room. It was simple. At the center was a king's bed with checked cotton sheets. There was a plain white curtain hanging by the window. At the right side was a shelf with tons of books and to the shelf was a keyboard where Jinki would probably right his songs. At the left side was a table with a sign hanging on the wall saying "Amber's corner". On the table were stencils and papers. Across the bed was the huge black closet still empty.
 
The room at the right side of the bathroom will serve as the guestroom or for their "future kids" as what Jinki said.
 
Amber threw herself on the soft king's bed while Jinki sat on the edge of it.
 
"How did you..?" Amber asked looking at every corner of the room.
"How did I what?" Jinki asked back.
"You know... this house."
"My parents lent me some money," Jinki said with a little giggle but it was the truth.
"It didn't cost much. I just gotta start paying them after the wedding." he added.
 
"How are you going to pay them?" Amber grabbed a pillow and hugged it.
"Oh, did I forget to tell you? I don't work at Myrtle anymore. I've got a new job at a music school as a substitute or teacher's assistant." Amber sat up when she heard what Jinki said.
"I sing at weddings, too." he shortly added smiling at Amber.
"You teach?" Amber a bit confused.
"Yeah, kids to be exact." he replied and stood up.
"But you hate kids." Amber raised her eyebrows.
"I don't hate them. I'm afraid of them but I had to get used to them."
 
"Tell me more. What else did I miss?" Amber stood up and followed him out.
 
Jinki told her everything. That the university suggested him at the music school a month after Amber left and  he accepted it immediately so he resigned at Myrtle. As another part-time job was singing at weddings with Jonghyun or sometimes alone.
 
"Are you staying here now?" Amber asked cos she remembered from Jinki's stories online that after Joon graduated, he was left alone in the apartment cos Joon had his job at Busan.
"No, I was planning to move in her the same day as you." Amber wrapped her arm to his and they went out to the garden. Spring was coming and it was a bit cold.
 
........................
 
This is part 1 of Amber's comeback to Korea. I'll update tomorrow if I have a chance.
I'll just search for some fancams of yesterday's performance hahah
 
xdorkyx
x