Flashback

Let Love...

 

It was back to normal again, both kept their feelings to themselves and just let it grow. "If it's meant to go away, it will go away." but it didn't. It never did. It just stayed inside of them.
 
Sometimes, late at night, while listening to the radio as they do their projects together sitting on the floor, they'd take secret glances at each other hoping that they wouldn't get caught. But every time, they glanced at each other at the same time, same moment. It was awkward at first, but when it happened few times, they just smiled at each other. Or when they hung out one rainy Sunday afternoon in the park. Jinki was holding up an umbrella for both the both of them and their bodies were extremely close since the umbrella wasnt that big enough. They felt like electricity travel through their spines each time their arms touched.
 
Each day, they just kept liking each other badder and badder. As if everyday they'd want to let it all out. Blurt it out to the whole universe but there's always something that kept stopping them. The fear that the other won't accept the feelings. The fear of getting hurt again. The fear of causing pain. They were even more afraid of just depending on love itself. Cos every time they depended on love, it always ended wrongly and they had enough of their wrong decisions in life. "What if it's not wrong? What if it's right?" those questions remained in their heads, in their hearts and was only hoping for an answer soon.
 
Finished a song. Dinner together. My treat--Jinki oppa
 
"Another date with Jinki?" Min asked peeking at Amber's phone.
"It's not a date. You know that." Amber put it on her pocket.
"What do I know?,,, Oh, and if you two really start dating, you MUST tell me first. I'll go ahead. Meeting Jia eonni. See you tomorrow." Min waved at Amber as she left the changing room.
 
When Amber got out of the cafe, Jinki was there waiting for her.
 
"What's for dinner?" Amber asked as they started walking.
"Bulgogi." Jinki answered happily.
 
They ate at a small restaurant near the cafe and there they chatted.
 
"The song?" Amber asked after grabbing her chopsticks.
"A remake of Brandon Fraley's Mention of Your Name." Jinki handed her his iPod.
"Inspiration? Ladies, maybe?" Amber was mocking him as the song started.
"My mom." Jinki laughed.
"Why do you want to be my inspiration? I'll change the lyrics... your short hair..." Jinki started singing.
"Ha-ha. Funny... Simple but beautiful lyrics. I like it." Amber didn't finish the song since she was really hungry
"Next time, I'll write the music myself." Jinki put the meat on top of Amber's bowl of rice.
"I'm sure you've written tons of music before." Amber took a mouthful of rice and Jinki just enjoyed watching her eat. It wasn't long when he started eating as well.
 
Since it was a special day for Jinki, he also treated her at Sweet Desserts. They ordered a small strawberry cheese cake and ate it together. It never tasted as sweet as that day. A meal full of giggles, smiles and love. Since there were regular customers there, the cashier put two chocolate lollipops together with the receipt.
 
"Thank you." the two bowed at the cashier before they left.
 
"I still remember the first time I bought lollipops from that pastry shop. They were newly opened. I didn't have much money so I bought two lollipops instead. They're cheap and delicious." Jinki was smiling as he looked at his lollipop.
"The same night, I gave it... away..." he remembered the whole scene that made him look at Amber.
"What?" Amber looked back at him oddly.
"You..." his eyes were wide opened.
"Me what?"
"You... you were that girl." he just kept staring at her.
"Get straight to the point, oppa." Amber rolled her eyes.
"The girl I gave my extra lollipop to... a little over 4 years ago. It was you." Amber creased her forehead but as soon as she remembered the same scene, her eyes became like two round ping pong balls.
 
March 2008
A wonderful spring night for Amber. She was watching a singing contest just close to the park. She was only there cos a close friend joined the contest but right after watching her friend's performance, she left the even and roam around. She was still new to Korea and she had not been at that side of Seoul before.
 
She was near the Han river when she heard someone sing. 그녀에게 사랑은 한순간의 느낌일 뿐 뭐라 해도 나에겐 삶의 everything.
 
She can't help but stop and listen. She preferred his voice more than those in the contest. She stood behind a tree close to the bench where he was sitting. She would rather hide behind that tree just to listen to him than leave and do another walk around the city. She was going to go closer to hear him better when she tripped over the root of the tree. She hit her forehead since she was sure the guy had already saw her. She stood up, raised her head and smiled awkwardly. She walked away but she felt someone holding onto her arm. She turned around and saw the guy who was singing earlier.
 
"Thanks for listening." he gave her his extra chocolate lollipop. She smiled and accepted it.
"You should join the contest right there." she pointed with the lollipop.
"You're better than most of them." she had a hard time thinking of words in korean but she tried her best cos she just wanted to tell him what she thought or what was real.
"Thanks again."
 
Right after Amber left the guy, who was no other than Jinki, he sat back down on the bench and sang another song. Jinki never wanted to join any contest nor event but after Amber said so, he thought about joining at least once for fun. So the next time, he signed up and joined.
 
He stood at the center of the stage ready to sing, but before he started singing, he searched for Amber in the crowd. He was hoping that she would be there to watch him sing. And she was there, at the back smiling as Jinki started singing. He was smiling as well cos he just felt really happy seeing her there. Her eyes were sparkling, looking so mesmerized by Jinki's voice. He took his eyes off of her for a moment before he finished singing, but when he looked at the spot where she was standing, she was gone. He panicked. As soon as he finished, he ran off the stage and tried to find her. He went back to the Han river, but she wasn't there, back to Sweet Desserts, no traces of her. He came back to the contest to find out who the winner was. Unfortunately, it wasn't him but he couldn't care less cos he just wanted to see her again.
 
"I'm sorry you didn't win." he turned around and she was standing there with her sorry face. He grinned from ear to ear. He couldn't say anything to her. He just stood there staring at her.
"Well... Bye!" she said in english and took off.
"W-wait!" but it was too late, she was already gone.
 
After that, he joined every singing contest near that area hoping that he'd see her again, but she stopped coming. Every time that he wanted to give up, he'd just ask himself "what if this time she'd come and watch?" so he didn't stop. After 6 months, he finally lost hope and gave up. He didn't exactly give up but he met Seungyeon. She liked him but he didn't feel the same way toward her, that is, at first. Cos he liked Amber. He just did. But Seungyeon was persistent. So he finally gave her a chance and started dating her.
 
..
 
"Why did you disappear?" they were sitting at the bus stop.
"I didn't disappear... I just became really busy. I needed to learn more Korean to stay in this country." Amber answered playing with the stick of her already finished lollipop.
"But you didn't come back." Jinki just kept rethinking everything.
"I came. I kept coming back but... you know, wrong time." she threw the stick.
 
"Hey, at least, we saw each other again. Maybe, it's our fate to meet again." she glanced at Jinki who was looking at her.
"Let's go home." Jinki stood up so Amber followed him.
 
"You looked really different back then." she stated to lighten up the atmosphere.
"Your hair was dark and a little bit long... and.. you're better looking now than before." Amber chuckled.
"You changed, too." Jinki said.
"You're much girlier now." he joked.
 
"So you... liked me?" Amber regretted asking that question.
"Huh? Ugh... Y-yeah." Jinki was blushing so hard.
"That was in the past, of course!" He hurriedly added.
"Oh.. what a shame." she whispered.
"Did you say something?"
"Nothing... raise you home!" Amber ran.
 
"Wow, you're so fast." Jinki gasped stopping in the middle of the stairs.
"I'm not fast you're just sl--" Amber turned to face him but her left foot made a wrong step. Jinki rushed up and caught her.
"They said I was the clumsy one." Jinki uttered holding Amber's arms. They raised their heads and found each other's faces so close. Both hearts pounding so fast.
"I-I must be clumsy too." she said and leaned backward.
 
Amber kept pouting and sighing inside her room.
 
"I liked you too back then." she pouted as she rolled her eyes. When she first saw him sing at that stage, she just knew she liked him.
 
...
 
She spent the night over at Jinri's. She said she got something very important to tell her.
 
"Guess what eonni?" Jinri was playing with Amber's hair.
"I just found a new apartment for you." Amber turned and faced her dongsaeng.
"You did?!"
"Yup. Don't you notice anything unusual here?" Amber looked around but didn't see anything weird so she shook her head.
"Jiyoung's gone. She's moving back to Nicole eonnis' apartment. You can move in here anytime you want!" Jinri exclaimed that made Amber jump up and down.
"Are you serious?!" she was screaming like a crazy maniac.
 
"I love you dongsaeng! I really do!" Amber hugged her.
"You won't get to have your own room though. Is that fine with you?"
"Of course. I get to share a room with you. It's perfect!" she hugged Jinri again.
"Are you moving soon? Like tomorrow maybe?" Jinri raised her eyebrows.
"I'd love to! But... I can't. I have to prepare my things first and to notify Jinki oppa. I don't think he'd be happy. Maybe first thing next week!" she said with a little doubt.
"He wouldn't be happy or YOU wouldn't be happy?" Jinri was smirking.
"Do you really want me to move in here or not?"
"I do! Come anytime. I'm ready."
 
It was a nice sleep over. Amber was lying on her future bed next to Jinri's. It was a wonderful room for two friends. And she loved it. She couldn't wait to move in. But then, Jinki crossed her mind. "Will it make him sad?" she thought to herself. He had once wanted to kick her out so maybe he wanted her to go all along. She didn't care anymore. She just wished she could say goodbye to him.
 
 
..........................
 
Okay, the next chapter will be long. Not really sure cos I don't know where to end a chapter. Chapter-less story is a no-no. haha
What did you think of this chapter?
did you like it?
comments please. even if you're just a silent reader, I wouldn't mind. I just hope that you people are still there at the end.
 
xdorkyx
x

PS. I like doing flashbacks. 

PS. Do you people know that Amber will be in a music video of her friend Chad Future, an AK-pop singer. I don't know the guy but I follow him on Twitter cos of Amber. Just informing you guys. :)