Amber's Family

Let Love...

 

So the Liu sisters' plan of going shopping got canceled and found themselves sitting on the sofa with Jinki. Amber looked at him with questioning eyes but Jinki just looked at her with a mocking smile as if telling her "surprise" and Amber got that message.
 
"Sir, Ma'am... I'm Lee Jinki, Amber's boy... well, fiancé from Korea." he lightly bowed as he introduced himself to her parents but they all just looked at Amber with confused expressions. They didn't know about the fiancé thing he was talking about.
"He is." Amber just said and showed the ring that he gave her. She used it as a pendant for her necklace that's why they never noticed it.
"I'll get straight to the point." Jinki started as he glanced at Amber before looking back at her parents.
 
"I'd like ask for your blessings... to marry your daughter." Jinki had prepared for that day for a whole year and he hoped it was going well. Amber looked at her parents and waited for their reply next to jinki. Jackie was stunned at the scene she was seeing.
"If our daughter wants to marry you, I don't think we can oppose to it. And she's old enough to make her own decision." Amber's dad answered smiling at Amber.
 
Amber thought that her parents would be against it. That they would be hard on Jinki. She was relieved to know they weren't.
 
"Oh, and one more thing Mr and Mrs Liu." Jinki paused. He was scared to ask but he knew he had to, for the sake of both of them.
"I came here not only to ask your permission to marry your daughter but also... to take her with me back to Korea." Jinki feared to look at their eyes but he had to have the courage if he wanted to show them how serious and sincere he was.
"When are you planning to leave?" this time, it was Amber's mom asking.
"This Friday. I've got everything ready." he responded with his voice trembling.
 
"I really love your daughter and I won't leave this country unless she comes with me." he added hoping that would convince them.
"Do you love him, sweetie?" Amber's dad asked her.
"I do... I l-love him." Amber kept nodding. She was turning red admitting everything in front of her family.
 
"It's not like we can stop you." Mrs Liu tried to understand them though she knew it was still a young love. But she could in her daughter's eyes that she really loved him and that she's willing to spend the rest of her life with him.
 
They agreed with their decision. Even Jackie who had no say in their discussion agreed.
 
They invited Jinki for dinner and he couldn't refuse to show his respect. Amber's dad kept asking him questions to get to know him but Jinki felt like he was being interrogated with the questions. But he had fun answering them and Mr Liu seemed happy with his answers.
 
After dinner, Jinki and Amber had a walk outside, hand in hand. They missed that warm feeling in their hands. Jinki missed feeling Amber's tiny and pretty hand intertwined with his and Amber missed Jinki's cute and soft hand intertwined with hers. They were in silence but a silence full of happiness and excitement.
 
"I think Jackie's mad at me... You two were planning to go out earlier, right?" Jinki glanced at Amber a little worried.
"Not really. Maybe she's a little disappointed but I think she enjoyed the show more." Amber joked and chuckled.
 
"Where are you staying? We have a guest room. You can stay with us if you want." Amber really wanted to spend the whole night with Jinki.
"I'm staying at an old friend's place. You're not the only one I know here." Jinki didn't want to be a burden to Amber's family.
 
"So that's why you weren't online yesterday. I was waiting for you." Amber changed their topic.
"Didn't I promise you I'll go her and get you?" Jinki reminded her his promise that day that she left. Jinki hated breaking his own promises so the moment he made that promise, he had started making plans. Though it took him a year, he knew it was worth it.
 
He stopped from walking and so did Amber. Then he faced her and grabbed both of her hands.
 
"Am I dreaming?" he asked her looking straight at her eyes and she shook her head as an answer.
"It's been too long. I've never been this close to you for a long time. It feels so surreal." Jinki stated squeezing her hands and staring at her face from the fringe covering her forehead to he u-shaped chin. Amber was doing the same.
 
For that one whole year, the only ways they were able to see each other was through Skype sometimes having blurry videos or through still images they sent each other. And for them, it could never be enough. And that moment, it felt like a dream for both of them. They couldn't remember staring at each other's face as close as that or touching skins as much as that. But slowly, with the memories they already had, they were able to remember how it felt like and how amazing everything was, how beautiful every second was.
 
Jinki smiled and so did Amber. Under the light of the moon, Jinki slightly tilted his head before he moved his face closer to hers, and shortly, their lips touched. Stars shined with the moon and so did their imaginary fireworks.
 
...
 
Jackie helped Amber pack her things. All she did was tease Amber and how she get to wed before her. But she admitted she was going to miss her again. She admitted she was unhappy for her little sister. But of course, making a decision like that didn't make her more mature than her older sister.
 
Jinki came by that day. He wanted to know Amber's family more even for a few days. He wanted Jackie to like as much as she used to like Henry for her sister. He wanted her parents to know the real Jinki, the Jinki that Amber loved and still loves, the Jinki that their daughter would spend the rest of her life with, the Jinki that he hoped they'd adore.
 
"Are you determined, son?" Amber's dad patted his shoulder as both of them watched the girls work in the kitchen.
"I am, sir. I'm really determined." he answered glancing at Mr Liu with a genuine smile.
"You're a good man, Jinki." both looked at the giggly Amber stirring the soup they were making. Then finally, the girls noticed them and signalled them to join their cooking session.
 
"Hm... I suddenly have the want to eat a delicious Korean meal." Jackie said as she rubbed her tummy.
"Oppa, come and help us!" Amber walked toward him and pulled him to the kitchen counter.
 
.....................
 
Happy New Year to everyone!!!!
I figured out something so I can update today :)
Did you watch SHINeef(x) collab earlier?
A great New Year gift for me! That 0.5 second when Onew and Amber posed next to each other was fine with me. All that matters was that IT WAS SHINeef(x)!!! Amber sang so beautifully, Onew sang so beautifully. Oh, I'm a big TaeStal shipper with no exact reason and I was really alright Taem kissing Krys' forehead and carrying her. I was more than fine. hahahah
 
xdorkyx
x