The Call

Let Love...

 

They had a small party for Jinri in her apartment. She just finished taking the exam for university and everyone knew she worked really hard and that she'd most probably pass it.
 
"I got a joke for everyone!" Jinki started as they all sat down on the sofa with chips and glass of coke in their hands.
"Oh, no." Taemin covered his ears didn't want to hear his hyung's corny jokes.
"Why didn't the chicken cross the road?" he asked and everyone pretended they didn't know the answer.
"Cos he's a chicken!" he laughed while everyone looked at him with straight faces.
"Okay, I've got another one. Why didn't the chicken cross the road?" he asked again and looked at everyone.
"Cos I ate it!" he hit his thighs as he laughed. This time everyone was looking at Amber who was covering her face in embarrassment.
"I don't know him." she mumbled.
 
"Hey, you two have been dating for almost six months now, right?" Soojung asked glancing at both Jinki and Amber.
"How'd you know? We're not even counting." Amber said looking at Soojung oddly.
"We just know." Soojung answered with a sinister smile.
 
"No break ups, right?" Jonghyung asked. No one of them actually wanted the two break up cos they were the couple that they loved the most. The couple that would probably affect them all if ever they break up.
 
"Zero break up plans for me." Jinki made an X sign with his arms then they all turned to Amber who was shaking her head. And so everyone smiled.
"This party isn't about us. Jinri, speak up!" Jinki exclaimed turning his head to Jinri who was taking selcas with Minho at the side.
 
"Soojung... want to be my girlfriend?" Keybum asked with his bad guy impression.
"No, I want to be with Jonghyun oppa." Soojung moved away from Keybum and sat next to Jonghyun that made all of them laugh.
 
"How come you two didn't meet for the passed two years when you got all of us as common friends?" Minho finally joined their conversation.
"Cos when we used to invite hyung out, he'd always refuse cos he had already made plans with Joon hyung." Jonghyun answered for Jinki.
"And Amber was always with Henry... back... then..." Soojung's voice faded when she realized that she shouldn't have mentioned Henry.
 
"Cos it's out destiny to meet again just now." Jinki said that seemed like one of his corny jokes but the truth was that he was serious.
 
Everyone left around midnight. Minho and Jinri were left in the apartment cleaning the whole place. Amber was having her tiny midnight stroll with Jinki. It was Minho's idea. He told Jinki that it was a great moment to have an alone time with Amber but he knew that Minho only wanted his own alone time with Jinri.
 
It was a cold autumn night. Amber still felt cold even with her thick jacket. Jinki easily noticed her rubbing her hands together so he took of his leather jacket and put it around her.
 
"No. You'll catch cold." Amber was about to take the jacket off but Jinki stopped her with both of his hands holding her arms to stop the sleeves from falling.
"I can manage." he smiled thought it was really getting chilly.
"No, you can't. You're not a cold resistant guy."
"Just wrap your arms around me and it'll feel warmer." Amber did what he said.
 
Then they giggled like young kids playing in the park.
 
"Tell me more of your chicken jokes." Amber requested. She actually thought his chicken jokes were kinda funny.
"Why didn't the kitchen cross the road?"
"Why?"
"I don't know. That's why I'm asking you." Amber pushed him.
 
"Okay, okay. Here's a good one. Why didn't Jinki cross the road?" he asked changing the question a little.
"Why?"
"Because he was eating the chicken." Jinki had his obnoxious laugh.
"Still hungry?" Amber joked shaking her head.
"Why didn't Jinki cross the road?"
"Why?" Amber asked again a little rudely.
"Cos Amber asked him not to."
"I don't wanna hear your jokes anymore." Amber covered her ears and walked ahead of him.
"Wait up!" Jinki grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her waist from the back.
 
"I feel cold." he said almost like whisper laying his head on her shoulder. He tightened his hold as if he was giving her a back hug and it was.
"Don't you ever leave me like that." he uttered and Amber just nodded as she turned to face him.
"Never." she replied shortly.
 
"I love you." Jinki looked at her sparkling eyes searching, waiting for an answer.
"How many times do you have to say that?" she asked like she was clueless.
"Each day, each hour, each minute, each second is never enough to express how much I love you." his words were like a poem for her. Her favorite poem that she'd want to read and hear every single day.
 
"I may not say it as much as you do but... I love you, too." and it's as if her words completed the unfinished poem. He kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly. And Amber just loved how warm he was even with the cold weather. She just loved how fluffy he felt like.
 
How both wished that their love story ended there. That their love story had an instant happy ending like those in the fairy tales, but they were asking too much, maybe.
 
...
 
Amber was ready to sleep. She was only waiting for Jinri to come to their room when her phone started vibrating. "Mom" appeared in the screen which she found unusual. So she answered it very quickly.
 
"Hey, mom. Aren't we supposed to talk tomorrow?" she asked.
"Yes, but I've got something really important to tell you."
"What? Is dad okay? Jackie? Are you sick?" Amber got worried from what her mom said.
"No. We're all fine here. It's... it's about you, sweetie." her mom answered a little hesistant and Amber could tell.
"Me?" Amber creased her forehead not knowing what was the call about.
 
"You see... I had a talk with your dad yesterday," her mom paused obviously afraid to say what she called for.
"We talked and... you've been living there for a while now..." Amber didn't like where it was going but she only hoped it wasn't what she was thinking.
 
"We thought that... that you should... come back here... for good." she almost dropped her phone shaking from what her mom just said.
"We don't want your opinion or permission, it's an order." it was one of the most cruel things that her mom had told her.
"B-but... why?" she asked both voice and body trembling.
"Cos you're been gone for too long. Without you here, our family seems incomplete. Try to understand me, dear. Mommy misses you." it was a simple explanation but it was very clear as well.
 
"What about my studies? My work? My friends here?" she felt stupid asking those things to her mom.
"You can continue your course here. And we honestly don't like the fact that you're working not until you graduate. I'm sorry about your friends but you just have to say goodbye to them." she knew her mom had her answers ready. It was their plan to convince her. Because they knew that Amber wouldn't agree with them without convincing reasons or answers to her questions.
'What about Jinki oppa?' the question hung in her head.
 
"Let me say goodbye to everyone at least." she uttered with her voice fading to thin air.
"Of course. But we hope to see you as soon as possible, okay?" she hung up and hid her phone under he pillow. She didn't wanna think about any of it that night. She just wanted to have a goodnight sleep. At least that night.
 
...........................
 
Drama's gonna start o.O
wait and anticipate. That's all folks.
Amber looked so adorable when they sang 1, 2, 3
hihi
 
xdorkyx
x