Date and other things

Let Love...

 

"I'll be there in 10 minutes. Wait for me, okay?" Amber received a message from Jinki. And so she waited. Every co-worker that passed her by at the entrance would . She tried so hard not to blush cos she was embarrassed enough. But when Jinki came, everyone finally stopped. She didn't know whether to be happy about it or to get more embarrassed.
 
"Humiliating, huh?" Jinki looked down as they walked together.
"Don't worry. I'm with you." Jinki giggled and so did Amber.
"Where are you taking me?" she shyly asked.
"It's a surprise." Jinki glanced at her before taking her hand.
 
He pulled her to a building and brought her to the rooftop. There were two seats and a small table with a strawberry cheese cake at the center and of course, a lit scented candle to brighten up the night.
 
"What are we doing up here?" instead of answering her question, Jinki just guided her to the table.
"Let's eat first." he sliced a piece for both.
 
They ate quietly but contentedly. After their meal, they admired the beautiful night view of the city of Seoul. Buildings, streets full of bright colors. But in few moments, Amber's widened when she saw not only the streets but also the sky full of vibrant colors. There were fireworks everywhere. She had not seen the sky as colorful as that before.
 
"Even if last night didn't happen, I was still planning to invite you here. I just didn't have the chance." Jinki uttered looking up at the sky.
"This is just beautiful." Amber's eyes were twinkling at the sight. They watched the fireworks fill the sky with colors. Amber felt like her heart would explode into sparkling colors as well. For her, it was romantic--watching the fireworks beside the person she likes and that likes her back.
 
"Did you do the same to her?" Amber was just wondering.
"She's not the type... I felt like you're this type of person just cos I'm this type of person, too." he smiled as he glanced at Amber who was then glancing at him as well. Amber embraced him cos she just felt like it.
"H-hey... the firework display's not over yet." Jinki stated with his quivering voice.
"I think you prefer hugs than fireworks just cos I prefer hugs, too." she said half-jokingly.
"You're right." Jinki just agreed and wrapped his arms around her.
 
"I'm not the possessive type but I just gotta say... you're mine." he tightened his embrace.
"I wouldn't object to that." 
 
As soon as the firework display ended, the two walked back home hand in hand. It didn't feel awkward anymore and they liked it. But when they reached their apartment, Mrs Kang was obviously looking at their intertwined hands so they had to let go.
 
"So it's true..." Mrs Kang looked at the two as they nodded their heads.
"I knew this would happen." the two grinned like two innocent children.
"I'm happy for you two." both bowed to show respect.
 
Their Friday night was better than any Friday night parties cos they were just the type who preferred staying inside their apartment listening to each other's favorite songs and laughing at each other's jokes.
 
"I'm a good fortune teller!" Amber exclaimed when the clock struck twelve.
"Oh, are you?" Jinki asked mockingly.
"Oh, I am. Give me your hand." she grabbed his right hand and looked at his palm as if she was really a fortune teller.
"Hmm... I can see a person... a guy to be exact." she started with a serious expression.
"He means  a lot to you even if he always gives you headaches." she glanced at him a little giggly.
"You have feelings for this guy..." then she started to really giggle so Jinki pulled his hand away.
"What the heck is that?"
"I'm not done yet." Amber took his hand again.
 
"This guy that you like... wait..." Amber paused and looked at his hand closely.
"Oops, I read it wrong. It's not a guy... it's a girl. She kinda looks like a guy so I've mistaken her." Jinki started to understand and so he smiled.
"This girl have always liked you... since the very first day you two meet..." she trailed the lines of his palm.
"And... oh, wow. She's in a relationship with you... I can't se how long it'll last but... it wouldn't end that soon. Done!" Amber let go of his hand with her llama smile. Jinki ruffled her hair.
"You're the most adorable thing in this world!" he paused as he caressed her face.
"And I'm so lucky you're mine."
 
"I'm sleepy." Amber stood up with her cheeks burning.
"Night! Sweet dreams." Amber ran to her room.
"Good night." Jinki giggled.
 
...
 
Amber woke up not from the sound of her alarm clock, but from the delicious scent coming from the kitchen. She knew Jinki was preparing their breakfast and so she stood and went straight to the kitchen.
 
"Good morning." he said with a smile as he took two bowls and spoon.
 
She felt like they were married, except Jinki was the housewife and she was the working husband.
 
"I know what you're thinking, but you ain't the hubby in this relationship." and she thought he was amazing cos he was able to read her mind.
"I work too, you know." Jinki added as he gave her a bowl of soup.
 
She giggled and started eating. But she liked it that way, she just felt like she married a great cook and that's what she's really planning to do.
 
"Our kids won't starve." Jinki said and sat at the table.
"Funny how we're talking about married life." Amber kept giggling.
"You started it."
"I did not! You were thinking the same!" she shouted.
"No, I wasn't." Jinki denied.
"Yes, you were!"
"Oookay... We both thought about it at the same time. Quits?" Jinki raised his eyebrows.
"Yeah..." Amber took a spoonful of soup.
 
"I'll take you to work.. You can't say no." Jinki started eating so Amber wouldn't say anything. Actually, Amber didn't mind. Everyone would probably again, especially her guy co-workers, but she thought that they should get used to it. They needed to understand that she's a girl, always will no matter what, like what Jinki used to tell her.
 
"You go down first. I'll be there in few minutes." Jinki was in his room changing his clothes.
 
Amber went down and Mrs Kang just had to chat with her.
 
"I tried, Mrs Kang. But I failed." she said.
"I'll only ask you one thing... Please don't hurt him. You know what he's been through." Mrs Kang took both of he hands and squeezed them.
"I'll do my best, Mrs Kang. I promise you that and... I really like him, so don't you worry, okay?" she looked at Mrs Kang with her sincere eyes.
 
"What are you two talking about?" Jinki walked toward them. He actually heard everything that they said but pretended he didn't.
"About how Amber looks actually pretty." Mrs Kang answered as she looked at Jinki.
"Right, ahjumma?" Jinki agreed.
"You two..."
"She really looks pretty nowadays. Is it because of you, Jinki?2
"I hope so." Jinki grinned like a child.
"Off to work, you two. Take care of Eunyoung." Mrs Kang patted Jinki's shoulder.
"I will, Mrs Kang." they bowed as they went off.
 
Amber, like what she did the day before, ignored everyone's questions and just focused on her work. She served the customers with a smile cos she was just really happy.
 
"Happy virus attacks again." Hyoyeon, who was also smiling, whispered to Amber.
"Ha-ha. Did you get my virus?" Amber wiped the counter table.
"Jinki means a lot to me too so you better take good care of him." she was faking a glare.
"Don't you know me?" she raised her eyebrows and in a minute, everyone else were chatting with them.
 
"Our Amber's a girl after all." Daniel joked and so Amber elbowed him that made everyone laugh.
"Hey, you didn't know? Me, too." another added that made Amber give him the evil-eye.
 
Jinki and his friends hang out after work. Not to get drunk and party, but to chat.
 
"I didn't know I'm your type of guy, hyung... If you know what I mean." Jonghyun joked and everyone easily got it.
"You have a weird taste in girls, hyung." Taemin added.
"Don't get us wrong, hyung. We adore Amber but we didn't know she was your type." Minho drank his orange juice.
"Did you suddenly go crazy?" Key was also there.
 
"For what I heard... you guys had a crush on her, too." Jinki had his sources.
"W-what?! W-where'd, where'd you get that?" and the giys couldn't deny it.
"See? All of you are stuttering." Jinki pointed at the four.
"N-no, w-were not!" their voices were still shaky.
 
"And I didn't like her for her looks... I'm pretty sure you guys liked her for different reasons... same as me." he was finally talking his age. Talking as the eldest among them. And the rest of them couldn't agree more. They were happy for their hyung. It's been too long since they saw him smile like that before. Even Key noticed the same with Amber. Key was always with Amber, but ever since the day that Jinki comforted her cos of what happened with Henry, her smile changed to a better one.
 
"I'm going guys. She's probably waiting for me." Jinki paid for their drinks and left.
 
He arrived in the apartment and it smelled  delicious like his favorite, fried chicken.
 
"Dinner's ready." Amber shouted from the kitchen.
"You ordered, didn't you?"
"You guessed that right." Amber giggled. Jinki squeezed her nose.
"Stop that." she hit his hand.
"Ouch!" he rubbed his arms and both laughed. They had dinner talking about their day. Jinki had never been that happy and Amber could see that. Amber was the same.
 
They watched and old movie, turned off the lights as if they were in a real cinema. They cuddled each other on the couch. It was awkward at first, but they just laughed at  their awkwardness and got used to it after few minutes. It was their first time to cuddle and they quite liked it. Jinki had his arms around her neck while Amber had her head on his shoulder.
 
"What if I cheat on you, too?" Amber suddenly asked after seeing the same scene that happened to Jinki.
"You'll be and exception. I'll let you off at least twice cos you're just that special to me." Jinki was focused on the movie.
"Don't worry, I'm not the type who cheats. So you better trust me." Amber raised her head but Jinki pushed it back on his shoulder.
"I know you're not and I do trust you... Nothing's impossible but I'll still let you off."
"I'm sorry, but I won't let you off if you cheat on me." Amber made herself more comfy beside him.
"We're two different people. I'll understand." Jinki leaned his head on hers. After a couple more discussions, they finally watched the movie peacefully.
 
For both of them, it was one of the best weekends they had ever had. Their relationship was getting on much better than they expected. And no one was actually against them which made them extra happy.
 
............................
 
This will be a long story. I'm pretty far from the ending cos I was honestly planning to just make a sequel but changed my mind so now it's a one long story. haha. Almost done typing the story on my phone, in the middle on laptop(I re-type it. seriously) and here... well, one word, far. haha
Hope you're still enjoying the story.
 
Onew said in Radio Star that he'd let off his girlfriend two or three times so yeah, that inspired me. But I think that's ridiculous.
 
xdorkyx
x