Seungyeon

Let Love...

 

Jinki was jammed in his work and in school work for the next couple of days. Amber was out of reach and she wasn't even calling him either.
 
Joon came out of the changing room.
 
"Am--"
"Sshhh!" Amber hushed him.
"I want to surprise him."
"Okay. See you." Joon waved and went off.
 
She waited by the door of the changing room. But then her eyes widened when she saw the girl who just entered the cafe.
 
"Amber? Hey, long time no see. What are you doing here?"
"S-seungyeon eonni. Hey. Uhm... I'm... waiting for a friend." she didn't really know how to talk to her.
"I didn't know you have a friend here." Seungyeon smiled at her.
"Y-yeah... A-and you?" he voice trembled.
"Same." then the door swung open.
 
"Amber!" Jinki ran to her. He hugged her and lifted her off the ground. Amber giggled at what he did.
"Thought you would be gone for few days?" he wouldn't put her down.
"Four days is few days. Put me down, please." and so he did. Then Amber signaled him to look at the side. When he did, he saw Seungyeon staring at them unusually.
 
"S-seungyeon..." he stared at her for a moment before looking back at Amber.
"Talk to her. I'll wait." Amber whispered.
 
Jinki and Seungyeon went to the garden outside and talked there.
 
"No one told me you two are dating... or you asked everyone not to tell me on purpose?" Seungyeon looked at him curiously.
"It's not like that. I told them that they could tell when you ask about me but I guess you never asked so..." Jinki couldn't look at her.
 
"I'm breaking up with him..." she stated that made Jinki look at her.
"I'm really sorry for you." Jinki didn't know what to say to her.
"Let's get back together." she suddenly said that surprised Jinki.
 
Amber was left inside saying goodbye to Jinki's co-workers. Everyone was asking her about Jinki and she always gave them the same answer. "He's talking with Seungyeon eonni." and everyone would look at her oddly before saying their goodbyes. It was taking them so long and Amber was the only one left inside the cafe.
 
"I... I don't know, Seungyeon. I'm with Amber now." Jinki replied still unsure of what to say to her.
"Then break up with her. Come back to me." Seungyeon said like it was that simple.
"I can't." Jinki retorted and paused before looking at her.
"It's been too long, Seungyeon. My feelings for you have changed. Actually, I have already forgotten my feelings for you." Jinki continued as sincere as he could.
"Maybe, you'll remember with this." Seungyeon leaned and kissed him. Jinki was startled. But he was even more startled when he saw Amber standing just close to where they were looking at them wide eyed. So he pulled away but Amber had already run away. He was going to run after her but Seungyeon stopped him.
 
"Where are you going?"
"I'm sorry, Seungyeon... I don't... I really can't. Amber owns my heart now." Jinki held her by her shoulder.
"But we--"
"We... is already part of my past. I've already forgiven you. I'm ready to be your friend but... nothing more than that." Jinki finally had the courage to tell her what he had been trying to say from the start.
"I'm in love with Amber now... I.... I love her... I love her." and he finally said what he had not been sure of. And so he left Seungyeon and ran after Amber. But he didn't know where she went. He wanted to tell her those words. Those words that he had never told her before. Those words that he anticipated to hear from her though he wasn't sure if after what happened, she'd say the same.
 
He went to Sweet Desserts, but she wasn't there. To Han river, to the park, still no signs of her.
 
"No, she's not home yet." Jinri, who was woken up from her sleep, answered rubbing her eyes.
"Are you sure? Or she's hiding from me?" Jinki was peeking at the door.
"She's not here yet. She told me she was going to you."
"She did come and see me but..." Jinki ran off.
 
He continued searching but ended up going to his apartment.
 
"It's almost midnight. Did you have fun with Amber?" Joon was drinking a glass of water in the kitchen.
"Seungyeon came by... we talked... then she kissed me. Amber saw it and ran away. But, I promise you, I didn't kiss Seungyeon. SHE kissed me. Amber misunderstood." he explained to his friend whose jaw had already dropped.
"Good luck?"
"Then... I... I just realized that... that I love her." Jinki sighed.
"I'll come back when I find her." he went off again. Joon heaved a long sigh.
"Love." then he shook his head and went to his room.
 
Jinki went on searching, he came back to were he had already gone earlier and to some other places that they usually go to, even to places where he knew Amber would go to. But he couldn't find her. He wanted to cry and give up but he thought that he had once given up on waiting for her and he regretted it. And he didn't want to regret not searching for her. He didn't stop searching for more than two hours. He didn't stop running.
 
He gasped when he reached the bus stop near Periwinkle cafe and sat there. He looked at the ground watching his shaking feet relax. He looked up at the dark grey sky. He then glanced across the street and saw Amber walking carelessly.
 
"Amber!" he called her and so she looked at him, He stood up and ran to her almost getting hit by a red car. After apologizing to the car owner, he went on running toward her but she just went on walking.
 
"Amber, wait... Please, don't be like this." he kept saying but she just kept walking ahead of him.
"Amber, she's the one who kissed me. I didn't. I couldn't kiss her back. Amber, I..." he paused and gasped.
"I love you, Amber." he uttered still panting that made Amber freeze.
"I love you." he said again and walked slowly toward her.
"I love you." he said again and turned her body to face him.
 
"Please, believe me. I didn't kiss her. I wouldn't even try. I already love you. Why would I do that? I can't lose you. I won't let it happen." he stated holding her hands.
"Believe me, please." he pleaded.
"I believe you." Amber said.
"Really?"
"I do, I really do cos... cos I..." her voice started to shake.
 
"Cos I love you, too." she finished her words holding onto Jinki's hands tightly.
"Do you mean that?" Jinki asked with a growing smile and Amber nodded before she linked her lips with his.
 
Both of their eyes were closed, hand in hand, they kissed. Then a tear drifted down Jinki's cheek. It was a tear of happiness for him. Cos it was just the most amazing kiss he... they had ever had.
 
Then tiny droplets fell on their foreheads that made their lips part. It was raining and so they giggled. Jinki wiped the droplets of her face and she did the same.
 
"Hop on." Jinki patted his own back.
"No," Amber shook her head. "You're one clumsy guy and if I hop on your back, it'll be a double accident." Jinki laughed at what she said.
"I'll be careful. I promise."
"Okay." she got on his back before he started running through the rain. Jinki had never enjoyed the rain as much as that before. He never liked the rain, but Amber made him realize that some sad things could transform into happy ones like what happened to them that day. It was full of ups and downs and that was just that day. They didn't know what else could happen in the future.
 
They went to Jinki's apartment and changed their clothes. Jinki had to hand Amber his favorite hoodie and his sweatpants since Amber didn't leave anything behind when she left that apartment.
 
"They're a little big on you." Jinki said as they sat on the couch helping Amber dry her hair with a white towel.
"Big on me? My clothes are larger than these." Amber stated looking at Jinki oddly.
"You're wearing my hoodie, not yours. There's a big difference." Jinki smiled.
"That's true. I like that." Amber smiled back.
 
They wrapped themselves with a blanket keeping their bodies together with their arms around each other.
 
"Where did you go earlier? I searched for your everywhere for almost 5 hours." Jinki inquired looking a little worried.
"Don't get mad, okay?"
"I won't. Just tell me where you went."
"I was at Henry's." Amber whispered cos she was afraid that Jinki would hear her clearly.
"Oh." that was the only thing that escaped his mouth.
 
"I just knew you don't know where he lives and I knew that you wouldn't look for me at his place... you're not mad, right?" Amber turned her head up to look at him.
"No, of course not. Why should I be mad? I mean, I'm the one you love, not him." Jinki looked back at her.
"Exactly. Don't worry. We didn't do anything to upset... well, I went there to upset you..."
"What?" Jinki just laughed again.
 
"Why do you love me?" Amber asked as she tried to find a comfortable position.
"I... I just KNOW I love you. I don't think there should be a particular reason." Jinki ruffled her wet hair and Amber was quite satisfied with  his answer.
"Why do you love me?" he asked back.
"No reasons... I just know I do, too." Amber smiled at herself.
 
Jinki cupped her face and stared at her round eyes. He felt like he was trapped inside those magical eyes of hers and that he couldn't get out. Before they knew it, their lips locked with both hearts flying in the air, butterflies in their tummies.
 

..................................

Made an early update cos I'll be busy tomorrow. I have to study two languages and bake some cupcakes. haha

I really ship OnJoon(Onew and Joon) they're like super BFFs, I found a clip of Joon from We Got Married sending Onew his phot of him and his wife. And you know what Onew replied? "Who is that?" and then he asked for chicken. LOL. I adore that pairing so much. Brotherly love kind of pairing though. :)

Oh yeah, hope you like this one and I'm sure you did

xdorkyx

x