Ignorance

Let Love...

 

Amber came back home late after hanging out at Henry's place the whole afternoon. When she entered the house, it was quiet. The puppies were already asleep. So she just went in her room and rest. She was too tired to think about her fight with Jinki. What she didn't realize was that Jinki had already left. It was only that morning when she woke up from the cute barks of her dogs and she assumed they were either hungry or they needed to do their business.
 
She got up from her bed. She got out of the bedroom, but she still felt a little strange not hearing any sounds or not smelling anything coming from the kitchen. She got worried so she walked toward his room and knocked. She opened the door after waiting for few seconds without any response. The bed was obviously not touched. She came in and looked around the room. And finally, she realized that he was gone.
 
"Min..." she uttered on the phone.
"I'm coming." Min said without asking her anything.
 
In ten minutes, Min had already came. The two sat on the couch. Amber looked at Min with worried eyes and so Min sighed.
 
"I know what happened yesterday. Key told me. Jinki is staying at his pace right now. So you don't have to be worried." Min stated to calm her down. Amber frowned.
"What did I do?" Amber asked herself.
"I'm so stupid." she said.
"You are." Min said and so Amber hit her shoulder.
"Kidding." Min was trying to make her smile.
"What will happen to the wedding?" Amber asked Min holding her by her shoulders.
 
"Why did you say those words again?" Min asked back.
 
Amber sighed again before she confessed. She admitted that she was afraid of some things. Afraid that it might not work between Jinki and her. Afraid that they might fail when they get married. But she wanted to marry him, that's for sure, but her fears were eating her alive again.
 
Min hated her for worrying about those stuffs when they have not happened yet, or maybe, they wouldn't even happen.
 
"Didn't you think that Jinki might be afraid, too?" Min asked with furious eyes.
"Didn't you think you can face your fears together?!" she raised her voice that scared the little dogs.
 
Amber couldn't answer. And once again she called herself "stupid" in her head. Her friend was right and all she did was think about herself. Min was stuck with Amber that day. She slept over cos Amber asked her to. Amber said it was lonely being alone. And she really needed her friend. Min tried to make her feel better by playing with her without reminding her what she did.
 
The next morning, as Min got ready to leave, she noticed the red folder on Amber's table. Amber told her about the folder so she took a look at it. It was really Amber and Jinki's wedding plan. Then she suddenly thought of a crazy idea. She secretly put the folder in her bag before Amber could enter the room.
 
"I'm going to work." Min stated as she put her bag on her shoulder.
"Oh, when are you going to start working again?" Min tilted her head as she held the doorknob.
"Next week." Amber shortly replied and threw herself on her bed.
"I'll come back. Don't worry." Min said before she went off.
 
On her way to the cafe, she contacted Key to tell him to meet her at the cafe. Key didn't hesitate cos he knew that Min wouldn't call her early at the weekends if it wasn't urgent.
 
Before Min started working, she discussed her plan with Key. And Key was there, sitting attentively, nodding at everyword she was saying with a sinister smile, a sign that meant "it just might work".
 
...
 
The break up easily circulated. While the two continued on ignoring each other, everyone was talking about them. Min and Key were the ones to explain and defend. Then they told some of their close friends about their plan.
 
...
 
It was actually Jinki who was ignoring her. He was avoiding her not 'cause he wanted to, not 'cause he hated her, but because he wanted to give her space. Key said it was what she needed and he couldn't agree more though he thought he had always given her enough space. But no matter how hard he tried to get mad at her for always being unreasonable, he just couldn't. He had just always loved her and all those wrong things about her and he knew his feelings would never change.
 
...
 
Min went to Key's apartment to talk about some stuffs of their plan, but when she arrived there, Jinki was the only person in. She still went in not only to wait for Key, but also to talk to Jinki.
 
"Miss her?" she asked him as she made herself comfy on the couch but Jinki ignored her question pretending like he didn't hear her.
"It's been days... she misses you." Min said trying to get his attention.
"What do you know?" Jinki whispered as he walked into the bedroom.
"Did you say something?" Min asked.
"I said, I'm going to take a shower." Jinki went straight to the bathroom and locked himself there.
 
Min pouted knowing that Key wouldn't be home anytime soon. She knew he was with his friends doing what she asked him to do. Then the phone on the center table started vibrating. She assumed it was Jinki's phone so she had no plan to answer it, but when she had a glance on the screen,  she instantly picked it up seeing "Amber's dad" appear on it.
 
"Mr. Liu!" Min exclaimed.
"Min? Why do you have Jinki's phone?" Amber dad asked obviously confused.
"He's in the bathroom right now."
"Well, I just called to ask about the wedding. He hasn't called me in days. Did something happen?" he inquired curiously.
"Uh..." and with that said, Amber's dad knew there was something wrong going on.
 
"What happened?"
"Uh... the two had a small misunderstanding... but you need not worry, sir. There will be a wedding! I assure you that!" Min exclaimed really sure of what she was saying.
"I'll call you for the wedding info." Min added.
"What if the two don't really want to get married?" Mr. Liu was questioning Amber's and Jinki's feelings for each other.
"They want to. I just know they do." Min kept insisting. She was just sure of what she was fighting for. She was one of the few people who witnessed their love for each other. Even for that whole whole year that Amber was away, she was always there.
"I trust you, Min." Amber's dad said. Min could tell from the sound of his voice that he was putting all his trust over her.
"I won't let you down, Mr. Liu."
 
Min felt like it had always been her mission to get the two married. Not exactly always but since the day Jinki proposed.
 
She put down Jinki's phone and heaved a sigh. After that talk with Amber's dad, she just became a lot more confident to finish what she had started.
 
"Good, you're finally here. Let's go." Min pulled Key out again as soon as he arrived.
 
............................
 
typing the last chapter. 2-3 chapters to go. that's for sure.
 
Next fanfic is another shinyeffects with some SNSD girls, and well, I can't tell anything else aside from that. haha.
 
xdorkyx
x