Jinki's Plans

Let Love...

 

DOUBLE UPDATE EVERYONE!!!. go one chapter back. just in case you didn't know. hahah
...
 
Amber woke up early. She didn't wait for the alarm clock to ring. She stood up and went to the bathroom. She found her phone on the ground and picked it up. Then she remembered what happened the day before. She saw more than 20 missed calls and 10 messages from different people. She just deleted everything and got ready for university.
 
"Eonni..." Jinri called her before she could get out of their apartment. She looked back at her dongsaeng with a light smile like nothing happened.
"I'll see you later." she walked out without looking back. Right after she closed the door behind her, her phone started vibrating. "Jinki oppa" flashed on her phone. She was hesitant to answer but she really wanted to hear his choice thinking that it would make her feel better.
 
"You just left your apartment right now, right?" Jinki asked starting their conversation.
"How'd you know? Are you watching me or something?" Amber looked around. She didn't really want Jinki to see her since she still looked extremely awful from last night.
"No, silly. Cos I just woke up, that's why." she could hear him giggle. She couldn't help but smile at the thought of his smiling face.
"Are you doing something tonight?" he asked and she knew he was planning a date.
"Nothing, why?" she asked as she carefully walked down the stairs.
"Come to Myrtle tonight. At 10. Is that alright?" and she could tell he was excited about his own plans.
"Yeah. I'll be there." Amber wasn't really sure if she'd come but she had to give him an answer.
"See you later. Love you." he said that almost made her heart fell off. She hung up didn't want to reply. She was afraid that he might expect more from her when the truth was, she was leaving him.
 
The whole day, she couldn't focus on school works, her friends noticed and asked her if she's bothered or if there was something wrong but she would always shake her head denying what's already obvious. And everyone thought it was Jinki and in fact it was but not the same reason that they had in mind.
 
She went to Periwinkle cafe not to work but to hand her resignation letter. Her boss was surprised but he couldn't stop her cos she looked like she was determined to leave. But she didn't tell her reason that left her boss hanging. When she got home, she went online and booked a flight back to the US. Jinri saw her and she just frowned. She couldn't believe her eonni would leave just like that.
 
--
 
"Thank you, guys. I owe you one." Jinki bowed as he watched everyone leave. Jinki's co-workers helped him prepare a wonderful romantic dinner.
"If I was a girl, I'd date you too." Joon joked before walking out of the cafe.
 
He turned off the lights and scented candles lit up the cafe like floating lights and stars everywhere. He went out and waited for Amber. He ignored the cold breeze surrounding him and just stood patiently in front of the cafe.
 
It was their sixth month together but for him it seemed longer than that. It felt longer than that. And he's looking forward for longer... infinite years with her. His nerves were killing him. He was way too nervous. He didn't really plan anything for that night, he just hoped for the best to happen.
 
He was looking down at his sneakers when he saw a growing shadow coming near. He looked at where the shadow was coming from and a smile easily formed when he saw whose shadow it was.
 
"Amber." he waved his hands as she walked closer. She didn't look that happy about coming there but Jinki probably didn't notice her expression cos he was just too excited to show her what he did.
"Let's go--" Jinki was about to invite her in but she cut him off.
"Let's break up." she murmured like whisper didn't know if she was doing the right thing.
"Huh?" Jinki asked. He didn't really hear her and Amber didn't want to repeat what she said but she thought she just had to.
"I said," she paused and took a deep breath before speaking again.
"Let's break up." she said again this time loud enough for Jinki to hear. Jinki furrowed his forehead and looked at Amber a little confused.
"What? Are you trying to pull a prank on me? On our six month anniversary?" Jinki gave a false laugh hoping that she was only fooling around, hoping that she would laugh as well, hoping that her expression would change but nothing happened.
"I'm not kidding. Can't you take me seriously for once?!" she exclaimed that scared Jinki. Not the fear of her angry tone but the fear that she really wanted to break up with him.
 
"B-but... but why?" Jinki stuttered looking at her with wondering eyes.
"The other day, you said... you said you loved me." Jinki said before Amber could even answer.
"I... I don't feel the same way anymore... and..."she couldn't look at him, her eyes focused on her shaking hands.
"And I lied... I lied when I said I loved you... I just felt sorry for you... That's it." Amber was making up things and Jinki could feel it.
"You're lying now." Jinki's eyes were already teary.
"I'm not! I'm not!" Amber was trying to stop her tears to fall.
"Then look at me straight in the eyes. Tell me! Tell me you don't love me!" Jinki grabbed her arm and held it tightly, didn't care if he was already hurting her.
"I... I..." Amber was still looking down.
"Look at me!" Jinki yelled pulling her arm. So Amber took all the courage she had hoping that she could tell him the most awful and hateful lie she had ever had. She looked at him with her sparkling eyes almost filled up with tears.
"I don't... I don't love you anymore... I never did love you." Amber said hoping she sounded sincere though she knew she'd hate herself even more after that.
 
"Now, please. Just let me go." Amber pulled her arm away and Jinki's face just went blank.
"I'm sorry." Amber turned her back and walked away. She rubbed her eyes stopping her tears from falling. She had enough crying though she knew she'd cry herself to sleep that night.
 
Jinki was left there standing along with a still face, eyes already damp. He went inside and looked around thinking that he did everything for nothing. That he wasted his energy for nothing. That he wasted his feelings for nothing. Then he started pulling something from his pocket. His eyes sparkled with the sight. It was a white gold ring making an infinity sign. He collapsed dropping the ring next to him. His whole body feeling weak, his heart aching. The ring laid still almost as fragile as him.
 
....
 
Amber got home slamming the door behind her and running to their bedroom. Jinri, who just got out of the bathroom, was startled from the slam. So she rushed to their room to see if Amber was alright. Amber was there quietly sitting on her bed. She wasn't crying but it didn't mean she was alright.
 
"What did you do?" Jinri asked sitting at the edge of Amber's bed.
"Nothing good." she replied and she still managed to fake a smile.
"What do you mean?" Jinri moved closer to her.
"I..." she wasn't sure if she should tell her dongsaeng the most awful thing she had even done.
"I... I broke up with Jinki oppa." Amber laughed as if ti was funny. As if it didn't hurt her when the truth was she regretted every single word she told him. The laughter turned to tears and so Jinri patted her back to comfort her.
 
"Why did you do that, eonni?" Jinri asked though she knew that the older girl wouldn't answer her. Not because she was busy crying but because Jinri already knew the answer.
"You just made a really huge mistake." Jinri stated still patting Amber's back. But she understood her. She just made the wrong decision when there are a lot more possible solutions out there.
 
......................
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! 
sorry for giving you sad updates. I can't do anything about it. I wrote this a long time ago and didn't think it'll land on Christmas day.
hope you liked it though. :)
I feel so horrible writing these chapters. Drama won't be over soon.
xdokyx
x