Henry

Let Love...

 

"Good morning." Jinki came out of his room the next morning and it was still early and Amber knew his classes wouldn't start in 3 hours.
"Umm...?"
"Need to be in school early. Want something good for breakfast? What about tofu soup? I'll make it." he didn't let Amber speak and just started cooking.
"Take a bath first." Jinki said as he boiled some water.
 
"He's not even mad..." she was babbling to herself inside the bathroom. He was too nice for anyone even for her. She's just afraid that he's too nice to her that she might really fall for him.
 
"See you later?" they separated at  the entrance of Amber's university. Their universities weren't that far from each other except Amber's was closer to their apartment.
 
In the middle of her classes, she was texting her "special" friend Henry. They barely saw each other those days and sms was the only way they communicate.
 
Be there after work. --Henry
 
She was so excited to finally see him after weeks of not seeing each other.
 
"Hey..." she said a little disappointed after seeing Henry and his "company".
"Uh... Amber... this is Alice... my girlfriend." Henry introduced her that made Amber's heart fell out of her chest.
"N-nice to meet you." she shook her hand.
"I've heard a lot of things about you." the girl named, Alice, said with a sincere smile and Amber hoped to smile as sincere as her but there was no way she could even smile after that.
"Oh my, I forgot. No. Henry and uh... Alice, I need to go home. My roommate's gonna kill me. I'm supposed to help him with his things. We can hang out again some other time. Bye. Nice to meet you again!" she waved at the two not caring if they were saying something. All she could care about was to escape that nightmare that she didn't think she'd ever had.
 
"Didn't he get them? My signals? How stupid!" she shouted and then tears just started falling. She hated crying so she kept wiping her tears but she just couldn't stop. She ran as fast as she could to just escape the outside world and to just be in her own world in her tiny bed room.
 
Recipient: Jinri
Henry came with his girlfriend earlier.
Sender: Min eonni
 
Recipient: Jinki oppa
Oppa, call me. It's urgent.
Sender: Jinri
 
"What's up, dongsaeng?" Jinki asked as soon as Jinri answered her phone.
"Amber eonni's broken- hearted right now. She's been liking this guy for a while. She just found out that he's dating someone. Please comfort her when she arrives." Jinri said. She was sad and sorry for Amber. Everyone knew that Henry was aware of Amber's feeling for Henry and they thought that he felt the same but they thought wrong.
 
Right after the phone call ended, Amber came in running to her room covering her face.
 
"Amber..." Jinki lightly knocked on her door.
"Go away." she mumbled sitting at the corner of her room with her face on her palms.
"I heard what happened. Wanna talk about it?" he asked as calm as he could.
"No. I'm fine. Just... just go away!"
"Come on. You shouldn't be like this. You should just forget about him. He's not worth it." he said.
"Look who's talking? If you did the same, maybe, I wouldn't even be crying here right now!" she was furious but Jinki knew she was right but he couldn't leave her.
 
"I'll be here." he just said and styed leaning his back on the wall beside Amber's room.
 
Amber continued crying and Jinki just couldn't help but ache for her as well. As much as he didn't deserve to get cheated on, Amber didn't deserve to get hurt like that. She cried for almost an hour. She would stop every once in a while but would cry again after thinking of what happened. She had a hiccup after a long cry so she decided to go out. She was hoping that Jinki had gone to his room but when she opened the door, Jinki was there looking so worried. He pulled her arms and embraced her. As if he was telling her 'told ya I'd be here.' or something like that. She was caught off guard. But she liked it--how he hugged her without saying anything but was still able to make her feel better. She liked that warm feeling around his arms. She liked how cuddly he seemed. She liked him. She didn't care about anything right that moment, she just cried on his shoulder and he just tightened his embrace. They stayed that way for a little while until Amber calmed down.
 
"I'll get you some water." Jinki said as he wiped the tears off of her chubby cheeks.
 
Amber couldn't speak. All she did was follow where Jinki goes with her eyes. Jinki came back smiling with a glass of water. She drank the water but she didn't take her eyes off of him.
 
"Let's go out? I know a great black noodle stand." Jinki smiled even wider that made Amber come with him. He held her hand and pulled her out. Her eyes were still red and she was still sniffing nonstop. But her eyes were only focused on their intertwined hands. They stopped running. She then realized that he didn't bring her abywhere close to any black noodle stand.
 
"Where are we?" Amber looked at him curiously.
"Can't you read? It says 'Sweet Desserts'." Jinki pointed the name of the pastry shop. He pulled her in.
"My treat. Choose anything you want. No matter how many. No matter how much they cost." Jinki said as Amber pulled her hand away.
"Why?" she simply asked.
"Sweets are cure for broken heart. I go here a lot though even if my heart's all fine... Why don't I choose for you?" Jinki picked some random desserts: cakes, candies, chocolates. He chose them all.
"Eat." he rodered in a really sweet way.
 
And so Amber ate but she didn't let Jinki to just watch her. She stuffed a chocolate inside his mouth. He giggled.
 
"Oh, I toally forgot. Don't eat too much. They'll give you nightmares." he reminded her as he grabbed another chocolate.
"You know... I had gotten over her a week after I decided to end our relationship..." he paused and took a fork to slice from Amber's vanilla cake.
"Everyone else thought that I was working late, taking over time and keeping myself busy cos I can't forget about her but no... I wanted to help my parents. They had some problems with their meat business in the province so I thought that I should earn more money so that they wouldn't have to send me anything." he spoke with his mouth full.
"But few weeks ago, my mom called and told me that I don't have to do anything. That I should just save everything I earned for something much more important or for the future. She said they were okay so I stopped working over time." he looked at her as soon as he finished talking.
 
"You're making me feel guilty, aren't you?" Amber couldn't eat after what he said.
"I told you something terrible earlier when in fact you were perfectly fine. And yours was a lot worse than mine." she was pouting again and so Jinki squeezed her nose.
"You're so cute. How come that guy didn't notice that?2 he was giggling as if he was mocking her but he wasn't. He was serious but at the same time he wanted to make her smile and she did.
"Let's take these home. We can't finish them all in one go. Excuse me!" he went to the counter to ask for a plastic bag. Then he saw these lollipops on the side of the counter and grabbed two.
"Here." he gave her one. It was a chocolate flavored lollipop that sorta reminded her of something she wasn't really sure of.
 
"When I moved here in Seould, I always buy at least 2 chocolate lollipop whenever I felt like everything falls all over me or when I feel really happy." he said as he took off the wrapper.
"Cool." she was staring at the lollipop still thinking of what she barely remembered from it.
 
They sat at the bus stop though they weren't waiting for any bus. They just wanted to let the time pass without their awareness. They finished their lollipops but they didn't left the bus stop. Jinki was only waiting for Amber's signal to go home. He didn't care if it'll take them the whole night there, he wouldn't leave her no matter what.
 
"I'm tired. Let's go home." Amber smiled though she wasn't really tired. She just saw the time and it was a little over midnight. They had classes the next day and she didn't want to wake up late.
 
"G'night." she said as she grinned at Jinki before entering her room. She lied down on her bed thinking of Jinki and a little bit of Henry. She found out that day that she actually like Jinki and that she only felt that way when he hugged her. But she also admitted to herself that even after knowing that Henry was already dating someone, she still liked him. She liked t
o guys at the same time and she knew it wasn't wrong cos it's possible. But she's still confused and she didn't want to stress herself just cos of those 2 guys. She fell asleep with those thoughts inside her head.
 
Jinki stayed on the couch thinking of Amber. She seemed really strong even in his own eyes but she wasn't. Everyone has his/her own weakness. He knew that but if Amber didn't experience such thing, he wouldn't have known. He didn't want to care, he didn't want to worry about her cos he knew it would probably lead to something he didn't want. But he couldn't ignore the fact that she needed him for a short while so he would just have to control himself for a short while, too.
 
He looked at the clock and it was already 2.30. He peeked at Amber?s room to check on her. He saw her sleeping soundly. He smiled in relief. He went closer to her bed. He brushed her fringe off her face to see a better view of it. He just had the want to watch her sleep. Knowing that she was calm also clamed him.
 
"Sweet dreams." he whispered to her ear and left the room quietly.
 
...........................
 
double update is fun! haha
I'm guessing everyone's reading the new OnBer fanfic?
Although it's not mine, I suggest that you should. It's like really beautiful.
I adore authors that write about OnBer. hihi
hope you liked this one and please keep supporting. :)
 
xdorkyx
x