Amber's dad

Let Love...

 

Celebrating their first month together was one of the few things they were excited about. When that day came, they just had dinner at Amber's favorite black noodle restaurant and ate some sweets at Sweet Desserts. It was a simple day but a very special one.
 
They rode the cable car to Namsan Tower and there they put their own couple padlocks on one of the love padlock trees. Then they looked at the view from the top of the tower. It was a beautiful night with clear night sky. Jinki, in addition, gave her a bouquet of roses when they reached Amber's apartment. And with what he did, Amber's cheeks just turned as red as those roses. He also gave her a necklace with a heart silver pendant and it was just lovely. Amber could only give him a little peck on the cheek but for Jinki is was more than enough.
 
...
 
"Off to Taiwan. Meeting my dad there. Won't be home for few days. Gonna miss you. Bye." --Amber.
 
It was a surprising message that Jinki received early that morning. He had no idea that she'd be going there cos she didn't inform him few days or the day before. It was no problem for him but he wanted to be the one who'd send her to the airport. That's the least he could do for her but she didn't even let him.
 
"Gonna miss you more..." he mumbled and threw himself on his bed again.
 
He was stuck with his projects--reading musical notes for hours. Then he got tired and decided to come out of his room.
 
"What an ugly outfit for a date with Amber." Joon stated when he saw Jinki coming out wearing a grey hoodie and a black sweatpants.
"Date what? Amber who? She left for Taiwan earlier." he puffed as he closed the door of his room.
"Where are you going then?" Joon the TV.
"Bookstore. Gonna look for new books to read. And no, I don't want your magazines." Jinki put both of his hands in the pockets of his hoodie.
"I own no such thing!"
"Bye, hyung." he stepped out of their apartment.
 
He roamed around the bookstore looking at every section to find a good book to read. He didn't really care if he finds a kid's book, as long as it's interesting, he'd take it. But he wasn't stuck in the children's book section, instead, he got attached to the books about science. He found studying random things about earth quite interesting in a weird way. So he bought a book about geology and another about anatomy though they weren't really connected to the course he was taking.
 
"It'll keep my head from thinking about Amber. If she wants to talk to me, she should call me." he passed by Sweet Desserts and bought himself a box of chocolates.
 
"And your girlfriend?" the girl at the counter asked.
"She's in Taiwan so no lollipops for now." Jinki faked a smile.
"Goodbye." Jinki bowed and went on walking.
 
He went straight back home. Joon was already gone so he occupied the living room and read his new books there.
 
...
 
Amber easily spotted her father who was waving at her. She hugged him tightly like she had never done before.
 
"Dad!" she uttered.
"My baby..."
"I missed you." she tightened her embrace.
"Was the flight tiring?" he patted her back after they let go of their embrace.
"Not really. It was only a two hour flight." she giggled and they walked out of the airport.
 
"How are Jackie and mom?"
"They're fine. Don't you worry about them but they do miss you especially Jackie." they laughed.
 
They went to a relative's house to stay there for few days like what they always did before. Then they spent their day together walking around the city as if it was their first time there. Amber didn't really care where they go, she just missed her father so much and she felt really happy being with him again even for only few days.
 
They had dinner in a restaurant close to where they were staying and had a fun chat there.
 
"It would be much better if mom and Jackie are also here." Amber put down her chopsticks for a moment.
"I know, honey. But there's always next time." her dad smiled at her and so she smiled too. 
 
Amber tried not to be lonely cos she believed that next time, her mom and her sister would be there too like what they had always planned for the last couple of years.
 
It was already late when they got home so all they did was prepare themselves to sleep. Amber lied down on her side and grabbed her phone. She had not checked her phone the whole day and even if she did, there wouldn't be nothing new in it. All she saw was her phone's wallpaper--a picture of Jinki and her in Sweet Desserts celebrating their first monthversary. She lightly tapped her phone as she stared at their photo.
 
"And who's that man?" her dad entered the room.
"A friend." she hid her phone under her pillow.
"Special, maybe?2 he raised his eyebrows and sat on the edge of the bed.
"Maybe..." Amber sat up and wrapped her arms around her father's shoulder.
"Is he nice?" he just wanted to know.
"Extremely nice." and she wasn't even exaggerating.
"That's good."
 
"Don't tell Jackie." she whispered with a giggle.
"It's our secret... You should sleep. We have a long day ahead of us." he tucked her in to sleep.
 
The next day, he called her cos he just couldn't resist no more.
 
"I thought you'd never call." she said talking as sweet as she could.
"I can't stop myself." and he sounded just as sweet as her.
"Good."
"And your dad?" Jinki asked. He didn't want Amber to think that he didn't care about her father.
"He's doing well. He's changing right now. We're leaving for another walk round the city." Amber had just gone out of the house.
"I wish I could meet him. I'm sure he's as great as you." Jinki was rolling over on his bed.
"Well, I'm sure he'd love to meet you, too."
 
"What are you wearing right now? It's cold these days." he was worried that she might catch cold.
"A shirt and pants." she joked.
"Wear a hoodie at least, the one I gave you. You brought it with you, right?" he just couldn't stop worrying about her.
"Yes, sir. I brought it with me... My dad's coming. Bye bye. See you in few days." she was whispering.
"Miss you!" Jinki shouted before she could hang up.
"Miss you, too. Bye!" she hung up and faced her dad.
 
"Was that your 'friend'?" her dad was teasing her.
"Uh, yes." Amber scratched the back of her head.
"You should've talked to him  a little longer. I wouldn't mind."
"We can talk longer when I come back but for now, I'd rather talk and hang out with you." she grabbed her dad's arms and wrapped hers to it.
 
....................
 
Sorry, I couldn't update this weekend. I'm always busy during the weekends, I don't know why so hopefully, I can update before this weekend cos I'll be away from home again.

I just imagined Amber's dad this way. The cool one. Amber's twitter update with her dad inspired me of writing this. Fun facts. haha
 
xdorkyx
x