Friends

Let Love...

 

Amber woke up from the knock on her door. When she opened the door. There was a tray with a cup of coffee and some biscuits. There was a small note as well.
 
"You better drink your coffee. You need it at uni :) "
 
"What time is it?" she looked at the clock.
"7.20?" she panicked but she still ate the biscuits and drank her coffee. She usually leaves their apartment at 7.30 but since she didn't wash up the night before, she left a little bit later. He university was almost a kilometer away so it always took her over 15 minutes to walk. She was lucky she wasn't late.
 
Jinki didn't get much sleep. He knew that Amber forgot to set her alarm clock so he had to set his to prepare her breakfast and to wake her up. When he heard the door shut closed, he came out of his room. He saw a note stuck on the door "thank you :)" even if she was in a hurry, she still made time to leave him a tiny note and it made him smile.
 
"Ahjumma, can you please be nice to Eunyoung for now? She's the one who's really sad right now... and I think she had learned her lesson." Jinki stopped at the entrance to talk to Mrs Kang.
"What happened? She didn't look sad earlier."
"Ahjumma, she was probably in a hurry earlier. And she didn't want anyone to know. Come on, Mrs Kang." Jinki was baby-talking her.
"I should probably stop acting all mad at her. She had always been really nice to me before." Mrs. Kang thought it through.
"And she still is. Thanks, Mrs Kang. I'll go now!" he bowed and waved as he went off.
 
Amber's friends didn't ask her anything cos they knew she'd tell them when she felt like it. She was quiet but was all smiley. Everyone thought it was all for show.
 
"I'm fine you guys. Don't look at me like that." she was sitting in the middle with her friends all over her.
"Really? Are you sure you're okay?" Min asked with worried eyes.
"Yup. Jinki was really considerate and patient last night. I feel better now or better yet, I don't remember feeling awful anymore." she smiled from ear to ear.
"What? Did he like kiss you or something?" Keybum said trying to lighten up the atmosphere.
"Why? Have you kissed Jinki?" Min raised her eyebrows.
"Stop it you two." Amber was actually laughing.
"You really are okay. Well, better test Jinki hyung and thank him." Keybum grabbed his phone in his pocket. He really texted Jinki but Amber didn't care cos she wanted to do the same.
 
"What did he do to you then?" Nicole joined their conversation.
"He comforted me in some way... It's a secret!" she was giggling.
"You're making me think you like him." Min was smirking.
"Uh... No... Stop talking nonsense."
 
Amber didn't think that it'd be that easy to feel better. That it'd be too soon. Just cos she had feelings for Jinki as well. But she didn't regret anything. It was a great feeling for her. Just cos she knew she liked the right person.
 
She wasn't ignoring Henry's messages or even calls. She responded to every single on of them. She just thought he was being a big douchebag after what happened--acting like he didn't know. She thought he was better than that. Maybe she wouldn't want to see him though. She wouldn't want to see his face. That face who had all the guts to hurt her without even thinking. Or maybe he did think about it but he was afraid to face the facts.
 
"let's hang out after work?" she received a message from an unknown number.
"who are you?" she texted it back.
"Jinki oppa. Got your number from Jinri. So... You in?"
":)"
 
Her eyes widened when she saw Jinki entering the cafe.
 
"W-what... What are you doing here?" she asked as she walked toward him.
"To pick you up. I texted you... check your phone." she grabbed her phone and really found a message from Jinki.
"See. It's says 'pick you up there.'. Aren't you done yet?" Jinki pointed at her phone.
 
One by one, Amber's co-worker started noticing Jinki. Of course, almost everyone knew him since he used to work there and they also knew that they were living together but what's weird for them was why Jinki was there. What Jinki needed from Amber.
 
"I'm done. I'll just grab my things. Be right back." Amber ran to the changing room and opened her locker. While some started talking to Jinki, some went to Amber and asked her few things.
 
"What is he doing here?"
"Are you two dating?"
"Is he finally over his ex and now he's into you?"
 
"He's here to pick me up. No, we're not dating. Yes, he's over his ex but no, he's not into me." and Amber was able to answer all the questions in one go.
"Why is he here to pick you then?" Min put her arms across her chest.
"He wants to hang out, I don't know. Nothing more to it. I'll get going now. I'll text you later, Min." she pulled her bag to her shoulder as she waved to he co-workers.
 
"Oh, we're going. Don't worry. I'll be back again." Jinki said to his ex co-workers.
 
"Pizza?" Jinki asked as soon as they stepped out of the cafe.
"Uh, yeah!" Amber was excited.
 
The two hang out at the pizzeria and chatted there. Amber wanted to ask why he suddenly decided to hang out but she decided not to cos he probably only wanted to make sure she was okay and she was. She's just happy to hang out with him and laugh at his silly jokes. Just being with him made her smile as if the wind was carrying her heavy heart. In other words, he heart felt really light and cozy inside. And she wondered if he was feeling that awesome feeling too. If not, she wanted to share it with him with her smile.
 
"I'm glad you're smiling again." he said after gazed at her.
"I only stopped smiling for like 3 hours last night. What are you talking about?"
"You know... real smile. Not fake ones like what I used to give to people." he played with the straw of his drink.
"I only get depressed when someone very close to me dies..." she said half-jokingly. Then there was a short silence.
 
"Thank you." she really wanted to tell him with her own lips.
 
"I really wish you'll always be here." she whispered hoping that he didn't hear her.
"I will... for a friend." he grinned like a child.
 
Amber felt much better cos he considered her as his friend. That's a first. She didn't think that they'd be friends cos she thought that they just don't click but now that he said it himself, she couldn't ask for more.
 
"You don't mind us being friends, right?" Jinki raised his eyebrows.
"Oh no, not at all. I like it that we're friends." Amber responded contentedly.
 
They finished their pizza and drinks then went home.
 
"Were you two together?" Mrs Kang appeared from nowhere.
"Uh, yes, ahjumma. We had dinner together." Jinki answered for the both of them.
"I'm glad you two are getting along well." she smiled at the two and they smiled back.
"We're friends now, Mrs Kang!" Amber exclaimed.
"Much better then."
"Well, we're going up. See you tomorrow, Mrs Kang!" the two bowed.
 
Both went straight to their rooms. Amber texted Min and told her what she did with Jinki so she wouldn't ask. Jinki was writing some music for his project at university. But he was still worrying about Amber. Actually, he couldn't tell if she's really alright. He was afraid that she might be faking all of it. He hoped she was smiling inside and out.
 
"Lee Jinki, you should stop this." he told himself as he threw his pen on the ground and hit his own head.
"She can take care of herself on her own. She doesn't need you." he just wanted to stop caring for her. He thought that even if she can't take care of herself, she has lots of friends to take care of her.
 
"I really wish you'll always be here." he remembered her say. And with those words he knew he couldn't get away from her. He couldn't just ignore her.
 
.................................
 
It's been a busy week for me... kinda... just schoolwork keeping me busy and I'm not enjoying it
readers...still enjoying my story? o.O
hope so :)
 
xdorkyx
 
x